‹ Prequel: Brand New Start
Sequel: Beautiful Remains

An Unbreakable Bond

Dean -Point of View-

As Greg and Fred washed the dishes, Chase, myself, and the others headed out to the pool. We all took our shoes off, and those who had pants on stripped out of them and tossed them on one of the lounge chairs.

We all sat down around the edge of the pool, dipping our feet into the water. As we sat there in silence, Greg and Fred joined us. Greg sat down next to me and Chase, guitar in hand. Fred sat down next to Jackson, snuggling close to him.

As Greg started to play, one by one, we all closed our eyes. His voice filled the chilled afternoon air, surrounding us all. And in that moment, we felt his pain. His sadness. His loneliness.

"I swear that I can go on forever again
Please let me know that my one bad day will end
I will go down as your lover, your friend
Give me your lips and with one kiss we begin

Are you afraid of being alone
Cause I am, I'm lost without you
Are you afraid of leaving tonight
Cause I am, I'm lost without you

I'll leave my room open till sunrise for you
I'll keep my eyes patiently focused on you
Where are you now I can hear footsteps I'm dreaming
And if you will, keep me from waking to believe this


As the second verse came in, another voice joined him. I knew who it belonged to. I opened my eyes and immediately my head shot up. And there, in the door leading out here, was the one person who could take all his pain ... his sadness ... his loneliness away. No one else was looking at the boy, not even Greg.

Are you afraid of being alone
Cause I am, I'm lost without you
Are you afraid of leaving tonight
Cause I am, I'm lost without you

Are you afraid of being alone
Cause I am, I'm lost without you
Are you afraid of leaving tonight
Cause I am, I'm lost without you
Are you afraid of being alone
Cause I am, I'm lost without you
Are you afraid of leaving tonight
Cause I am, I'm lost without you

I'm lost without you
I'm lost without you
I'm lost without you
I'm lost without you
I'm lost without you.
"

When the song ended, everyone clapped and I heard Chase gasp. "Oh my..." I looked at him and his face was looking straight ahead. "Dean..." he whispered, looking up at me, his bright eyes sparkling in the sun. "It's back... I can see again." I kissed him passionately, tears streaming down my face. We pulled away and Chase stood up quickly, running around the pool and wrapping his arms around the boy in the doorway.

"It's good to see you again. The door is still open for me, isn't it?" I heard him ask. Chase nodded and put his hands on the boy's face.

"It'll always be open for you, sweetheart," Chase replied. I could hear the tears of happiness in his voice. "My sight came back, as if waiting for your return." Chase hugged his son again, this time longer than the last time. "It's good to see you again, Angel."

"It's good to be back home, Mom." As if just now realizing that his twin was there, Greg whipped his head up and stared at his brother and lover for a long moment. Chase pulled away and turned to face everyone, who was all gawking at Angel. Greg handed me the guitar, then stood up.

He slowly made his way over to Angel, as if waiting for him to vanish into thin air. "Are you... really here?" he asked, now standing in front of Angel. Angel smiled warmly, tears streaming down his face.

"Ask again after I do this," Angel replied, pulling his brother to him and kissing him passionately.
♠ ♠ ♠
Song Credit Goes To: blink-182
Title: I'm Lost Without You