‹ Prequel: Brand New Start
Sequel: Beautiful Remains

An Unbreakable Bond

Geoff/Dean-Point of View-

Geoff

As we ate, I kept peeking at Shaun, afraid he might decline my proposal. Shaun finished first and sighed in contentment. "That was great," he said, looking over at me and smiling.

"Took a while, but then again, I don't cook very often for more than myself," I said, smiling back at him as I finished up my food. He cocked an eyebrow, his smiling one of amusement.

"So, this must be something special, huh?" he asked, his voice baring a hint of a Southern accent. It was adorable. I smiled again and nodded. I leaned back and reached into my jacket pocket, holding the box in my hand before taking it out.

"Shaun," I said, looking up at him. He was looking at me with such a look that I knew right then I wanted to be with him for the rest of my life -- through everything. "Can I ask you a very important question?"

"Of course, baby," he said, smiling warmly at me. I nodded and stood up, walking over to him. He turned to face me and looked up at me. Pulling the box out of my pocket and making sure to keep it hidden, I knelt down on one knee and looked up at him, my eyes showing my growing love for him. I heard him gasp and he bit his lip.

I brought the box into his sight and opened it, showing a ring. "Will you marry me?" I asked, my voice thick with so much emotion. He stared at me, then the ring, then back at me.

"Really? Is this for real?" he asked, placing his hand on my face as I nodded at him. He stood up and then pulled me up, his eyes glistening with tears. "You know how long I've been waiting to hear that question from you?" he asked, wrapping his arms around me.

"Is that a yes?" I asked, my arms wrapping around his waist all too perfectly. Shaun brought his face into view and then cupped my face.

"Fuck yes!" he said, his voice cracking from the tears. I smiled at him and pulled him into a passionate kiss. He kissed back and wrapped his arms around my neck again. I smiled as I pulled away, resting my forehead on his forehead. "I love you, Geoff."

"I love you too, Shaun," I replied, pulling back enough to slip the ring on his finger. He smiled at me before embracing me into yet another hug. I laughed as I picked him up, knowing my life will soon be complete.

Dean

"Shaun said yes!" I said, pulling my ear away from the door. Chase then ran in followed by everyone else, cheering their heads off. I walked in, joining the guys in the congratulatory cheers. Geoff pulled away from Shaun and grabbed my arm, pulling us away from the guys.

"Thank you, mate," he said, giving me a hug. "If it weren't for you, I would've never have met Shaun. And if it weren't for you, I wouldn't be marrying him." I hugged him back, a smile on my face.

"I've known you both for years, and I wanted you both to be happy," I said, pulling away and looking at my best friend. "After a while, I realized you two were perfect for each other." Geoff smiled at me and squeezed my shoulder. I squeezed his in return and he walked back over to his future partner-by-marriage. I smiled as I watched the two, remembering when I was at that stage.

Chase walked over to me, wrapped his arms around my waist, and rested his head on my shoulder. "Remember when that was us, baby?" he asked, looking up at me with a love-filled smile on his face.

"Yes, I do. Ever so clearly," I said, smiling back down at him. "And now look where we are. Surrounded my friends who became family, and seven beautiful children." Chase nodded and relaxed against me as we joined the fray with the others, forgetting any worries from the past and looking forward to the future.