‹ Prequel: Brand New Start
Sequel: Beautiful Remains

An Unbreakable Bond

Dean -Point of View-

I stared at Chase, my mind racing. I couldn't believe it, his gorgeous hair was short. "Your hair. Your beautiful hair. It's gone!" I whined, walking over to him, my hands feeling the now shortened hair. "But... I loved being able to run my fingers through it, and it's gone."

"I wanted to do something new with it," Chase said, grabbing my hands and placing them on his lower back. "And it'll grow back, I promise," he whispered before kissing me. I kissed him back and sighed.

"You look rather odd with your hair like that, in all honesty," I said, staring at his hair again. He gasped, causing me to look at him. "I like it, I will admit that, but it will take some time for me to get used to it." I frowned for a moment and then looked into the face of my partner, smiling lovingly at him. "I love you," I said, causing him to smile at me.

He wrapped his arms around my neck and kissed my cheek. "I love you, too." He pulled away and looked up at me before asking, "You're not mad?" I chuckled softly for a moment and met his gaze.

"No, I'm not mad. A little shocked, but not mad," I replied. "I can't stop you once you have your mind set on something, and I've come to accept that."

"That's where you're wrong," he said, pointing a finger at me and raising an eyebrow. I gave him a confused look and he rolled his eyes dramatically. "Do you not remember when we first started dating, and you witnessed Michael kissing me, thinking -- at first -- that I kissed him instead of the other way around?" he asked, his eyebrow still raised. I nodded. "Remember when I was about to jump until you came in to take me home and you told me to come down?" Again I nodded. "You can talk me out of stuff."

"I really wish you hadn't brought up that memory," I whispered, my eyes watering. "It's one of those memories that reminds me that you were just a breath away from being out of my life." Chase placed his hand on my cheek, making me look at him.

"Come up to the room, I want to talk to you for a while," he said, causing me to nod. He pulled me up the stairs and down the hall to our room. We walked in and I closed the door behind me, walking over to the bed where Chase now sat cross-legged. "I want you to answer me honestly, okay?"

"Of course, sweetheart," I said, grabbing both of his hands and rubbing the back of them with my thumbs. "Anything for you." Chase smiled and looked away for a moment, thinking about something.

"I want to know what you were feeling before you talked me out of committing suicide that one day. What were you thinking when you first saw me standing in that open window." I looked at him, the memory hitting me hard as if it were yesterday.

I took a deep breath before I began. I looked Chase right in the eyes as I spoke. "When I walked into the room, spotting you there, I've never been so scared in my life. Not when my dad was close to killing me, not when I ran away from home at the age of sixteen. I just knew right then that the young man who I fell head over heels for was about to do something that I would never be able to live with." I felt the tears streaming down my face, but paid no mind to them. "I knew I had to get you back inside the room, knew that if I lost you then, my life would have had no meaning anymore. When I saw that look of utter defeat in your eyes, my world shattered. I still blame myself for that, every waking moment of my life."

Chase's eyes were watering, and his hands came up to my face. "I'm so sorry, Dean," he whispered. I shook my head, looking down at him still.

"You have nothing to apologize for," I replied, leaning into his hand. "I should be the one apologizing. If I had just heard you out when you needed me most, a lot of things wouldn't have happened. I just let my anger make my decisions for me, causing you to be hurt deep down. I know that you still don't forgive me for some stuff, but I promise you now that I will do everything in my power to make it up to you from this day forward."

Before Chase could reply, the door came open and in came everyone. Greg and Angel were the first ones to walk through the door. "Uh, Mom?" Angel asked, looking at Chase and tilting his head to the side. "What the FUCK did you do?"