‹ Prequel: Brand New Start
Sequel: Beautiful Remains

An Unbreakable Bond

Dean -Point of View-

I was heading up to the room to get my phone. I had put it on charge up there after the talk me and Geoff had and wanted to check it to see if anyone has tried to contact me. More specifically, if Chase has tried to contact me.

I got to the room and went over to where my phone was currently charging. I took it off the charger and opened it, seeing I had one missed call from Chase and a voice message. I dialed for voice mail and put in my password once it connected.

"D-Dean, I wanted you to know I, umm, I filed for divorce. We have to do a month of therapy before it's final. Bye." I closed my phone and sat down on the bed, resting my elbows on my knees. I rested my chin on my hands and silently started crying, having a feeling that the therapy wasn't going to help out the situation.

I've never gotten angry to the point where I hit someone ... or anything. Geoff was always there to pull me away from my anger before it ever got that far. I really wish I had went to find some anger management the moment Chase brought it up, that way I could have probably avoided all of this. My phone started going off and I tried calming myself down before answering.

"Hello?" I said, rubbing the bridge of my nose.

"Dad? It's Angel." I sighed and looked forward, staring at the fire in which was blazing in the fire place.

"What's up?" I asked, watching as the fire licked the logs. I tilted my head, totally mesmerized by it.

"Greg didn't hurt you, did he?" Angel asked, sounding worried. I smiled, he reminded me so much like Chase at the moment.

"Geoff made the gang take him out of the room," I replied, letting out a slow sigh. "I was so far gone in my anger that if Greg tried to fight me, there was a good chance that doctors wouldn't be able to save him." I heard Angel gasp.

"I'm glad he didn't his chance, then," he said, sounding more like himself. "I don't even think you were that angry when you got the bill for the credit card."

"I wasn't. When I got mad this time, I couldn't see clearly. Everything was blurred," I said, standing up and walking over to the fire. I sat down next to it, watching it still.

"I got to go. Greg wants to get stocked up on food," Angel said, hanging up on me before I could respond. I closed my phone and just watched the fire, my mind wandering.

Time Elapse

I don't know how long I was sitting here in front of the fire, but I looked up when I heard a knock on the door. Hunter was there, leaning against the door frame. "Hey," he said, walking in and sitting down next to me.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked, noticing that there was photo album in his hands. I looked up at him and he smiled.

"Geoff was going to give this to you and Chase as a gift, but seeing how Chase isn't here, he said I should just give it to you," he said, handing it over to me. "I'll let you look through it alone. I have to get back to Michael or he'll get antsy." He stood up, his laugh making me smile. When he walked out, I opened it.

The first page had a piece of paper with a quote on it. I felt my eyes water as I read it. It wasn't much, but it was total truth when it came to me, Chase, and everyone who was part of this family.

"Here's to the nights that turned into mornings and to the friends who turned into family."

I opened turned to the next page to see a picture of Chase and I in each others arms, looking at each other with so much love. I stared at the picture, running my fingers across Chase's face. "I'm so sorry, Chase."