‹ Prequel: Brand New Start
Sequel: Beautiful Remains

An Unbreakable Bond

Dean -Point of View-

I found myself outside of the woods about three miles away from the lodge and about two miles away from the creek. I felt fresh tears escaping my eyes as I remember the one day will forever be imprinted on my brain. I shut the car off and got out, walking around to the front of the car and leaned against the hood.

As I sat there, pondering over everything, I heard a movement in the trees. I looked up and spotted Specs. I smiled as he leaped up into the air and headed for the lodge. I smiled and looked forward again. It was then I remembered him doing the same thing a few months before I met Chase. When I went back to the lodge that day, someone was laying at the bottom of the stairs with a broken leg.

I jumped back into the car and headed back to the lodge at full speed. I heard my phone go off and immediately answered it.

"Get here quick!" Chase said before hanging up. I stepped on the gas and made a hard left on the dirt road on that would take me to the lodge. When it came into view, I didn't let up on the gas. I immediately came to a stop and jumped out of the car. I ran up the stairs and ran inside, only to find the fucker who raped Chase.

James had Chase trapped into a corner, Chase was cowering in fear. That right there did it for me. "Call Geoff," I said, my haze blurring up with the anger again.

"Why?" Chase asked, his eyes still locked on James who was looking at me in shock.

"My anger is getting out of control. He's the only one who can calm me down," I replied, walking over to James. I don't know what Chase was doing at this moment, all I knew I had to kill this bastard. James was trying to get away, but seeing how I now had him trapped somewhere, I walked over to him.

I grabbed his arm, turned him around until his back was pressing against my chest. I locked my arms and hands on his head, and in one quick motion, his neck snapped and he fell lifeless in front of me.

I walked out to the living room, my hand on the wall so I knew when to reach for something else. My vision was still blurred seeing how I was still pissed. "Is he on his way?" I asked.

"No. I didn't call him," Chase replied, his voice sounding scared. "Dance Dance Revolution." I felt my eyebrows come together, trying to figure out why Chase would bring up a game. The picture came into my mind as I remembered Jackson chasing Fred around the house.

Chase's smile. Chase's beautiful green eyes. Chase's laugh. My eyes cleared up as I thought about Chase. I blinked a few times and looked at Chase who was standing about two feet away from me. As I worked on getting my breathing back to normal, a smile formed on my lips. "You," I whispered, causing Chase to look at me like I lost a few screws.

"What?" he asked, tilting his head. I laughed as I walked over to him and hugged him close, taking in his scent.

"All it took to bring me back here was you. Everything about you brought me out of my blackout .. or whatever it was. No one but Geoff has ever been able to calm me down." I noticed Chase was frozen where he stood, and I immediately pulled away from him. "Sorry. I suppose I was just happy you're safe now that I wasn't thinking right when I hugged you. I'm sure you're still upset at me."

Chase just stood there, looking at me. I gulped as I headed for the door, not wanting to ruin our relationship anymore than I already had. "Dean, wait," Chase called, making me stop and face him.