‹ Prequel: Brand New Start
Sequel: Beautiful Remains

An Unbreakable Bond

Dean -Point of View-

It's been eight months and my anger was pretty much dealt with, but I still attended anger management. Chase had talked me into staying about six months ago, but mainly because he wants to be sure my anger doesn't come full blast like it did that day when I claimed he was cheating on me.

Our relationship as both partners and friends have grown stronger, making it easier on everyone. I no longer have an issue changing diapers now, seeing how not long after Chase and I got back together I started changing middle-of-night diapers so he could sleep.

I still teach, and I'm loving every minute of it. At the moment, I was teaching my second class of the day. I was going to be getting a few temp students who needed to get a few last credits to graduate. I was in the middle of my lecture on what we were going to do today when the door opened a few students walked in.

It was then I saw the black and green eyes that my eyes shot up. He walked over to me, a grin plastered to his face. "Good afternoon, Mr. Valeno," he said, his eyes showing laughter. It was then all memories came flooding back. I smiled at him as he handed me his paper. As I did what I had to do with it, my mind kept screaming, He's doing this to make you crazy!

I handed the paper back to Chase and told him where to sit, only to pull him to me and say, "Are you serious?"

"I still need this credit, love. So deal with it," he replied, a smirk on his face as he puckered his lips. I smiled at him and told him to take his seat, going back to today's work.

Time Elapse

The class and I were in the computer lab, them working on their assignments and me grading papers from the previous week. I looked up when I heard someone hitting their mouse on the table. I noticed it was Chase, looking a bit flustered. "Come on, bitch!"

I walked over to him and he looked up at me, seeming a bit more angry than I thought. "How would you like it if I banged you on the table yelling, 'Come on, bitch?'" I asked, causing him to blush ten different shades of red. I smirked when the class started laughing.

He stood up and pulled me to a corner. "What the fuck, babe?" he asked, sounding super embarrassed. "You didn't have to say that."

"I know, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity. I'll make sure to refrain from doing such a thing next time," I said, causing him to smile.

"Promise?" he asked, smirking as if he already knew the answer.

"Nope," I said, grinning and motioning him to go sit down. He turned, noticed everyone was looking and then looked back at me. "What are you thinking?" I asked, sounding a bit freaked. He grinned, pulled me to him, and placed a hungry kiss on my lips. The class gasped, a few cheering him on.

I decided to play along, wrapping my arms around his waist and deepening the kiss. "GET IT, CHASE!" someone shouted from across the room. A moment later we pulled away, and he went back to his seat.

I ran a hand through my hair and went back to the desk, continuing my work. Today was already going good, and I couldn't wait to get back home to the rest of the guys.

Time Elapse

Chase and I pulled into the driveway, talking about random things. We got out of the car and headed for the house, hand in hand, of course. "I got a question, Dean," Chase said after a moment of silence.

"What would that be, love?" I asked, looking down at him. He mulled over whatever he wanted to ask for a moment before asking.

"You didn't pull away today when I kissed you in front of everybody. Why?" He looked up at me, nothing but sheer curiosity in his eyes. I smiled and stopped at the porch stairs.

"I have nothing to hide from anyone. Why should I hide that I am highly attracted and madly in love with you?" I raised an eyebrow, causing him to smile. He wrapped his arms around me and I wrapped mine around him. "I now have a question for you."

"Which would be what?" he asked, looking up at me without pulling away. I smiled at him and let out a sigh.

"Why -- after everything that I've done that should have caused you to leave -- did you choose to come back, knowing that I never deserved another chance?"