Status: In progress

The Moment I Met You

Eleven.

Jordan played with Arianne’s hair as they rode in the taxi from Thunder Bay Airport to his house. As the rode wound up to their house, he saw the familiar landscape. The whole area was covered in snow, and the house looked full of warmth and laughter. It was said the Staal household was a model house during Christmastime, and Jordan would have to agree.

As the pair walked up to the front door, the snow fell from the snow covering their hair. “Ready?” he asked.

He knocked on the door, and Eric’s face showed up.

“Unca Jordan!” cried a voice, Jordan squatted down to fistpump with his two year old nephew.

“How’s it goin’ bud? Did you meet Annie before?”

The little boy shook his head, and smiled shyly, “I’m Parker.”

“I’m Arianne,” Arianne said, introducing herself, “I like your Leafs sweatshirt!” she said, pointing out her own with the Leafs logo on it.

Parker gasped and ran into dad’s arms, “Daddy! She likes Leaths too!”

Eric laughed and put out his hand, “I’m Eric. Sorry I was gonna meet you guys at the airport but weather’s horrible. Come inside!”

The pair walked into the living room where the family was seated. A gigantic fresh pine tree stood near the window decorated with lights and completed with a star on top. The Christmas decorations laid out nicely, and a burning fireplace kept the room warm and toasty.

“Yay the happy couple!” said a voice from the armchair. The red-haired boy looked at the two coming in and grinned.

“That douche bag’s Marc, and you know Eric and met Parker. That’s Jared, and that’s Eric’s wife, Tanya,” Jordan said, pointing at everybody.

“And I’m his mother, watch your language Jordan,” said a woman walking into the room with a plate of cookies. Arianne shook her hand and plopped down on the floor next to Parker who immediately climbed into her lap.

“So, how’d you two meet?” Jared asked, eating a cookie. All eyes were fixed on either Jordan or Arianne, who didn’t notice as she was playing with Parker.

“We sat next to each other on the plane,” Jordan said, hopping over the back of the sofa and sitting next to Jared.

“So what are you studying in university?” Tanya asked Arianne.

“English lit. I’m studying this then probably going to law school though,” Arianne replied.

“Oh, interesting.”

“I’m sure you’ll do very well,” came Mrs. Staal’s voice from the dining area. Arianne immediately got up to help her set the table, and Parker chased after her rambling on in his two-year old talk about the Maple Leafs.

“She’s a keeper,” Eric said to Jordan.

“How so?” Jordan asked, looking up.

“Your last girlfriend didn’t look twice at mom, and I’ve never seen Parker bond that fast with a person.”

“Well partly cause nobody in our family likes the Leafs, Eric,” Tanya said, laughing, “He only likes them cause he likes blue.”

“Better them than the Flyers,” Jordan said darkly. Marc and Jared chuckled and went to the kitchen to help with their mom.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Uhm. So yeah,” Jordan said, staring at the bed.

“I guess..” Arianne said looking at it too.

“Unless you want me to sleep on the floor,” Jordan said, “I will-”

“No no, it’s your house. It’ll be fine.”

The Staals had prepared their bedroom. The curtains were burgundy colour and looked very nice with the mahogany floor. The furniture were all dark wooded, same as the bed’s headboard.

The only bed in the room.

For them to share.

“Uhm, well. Goodnight,” Jordan said, as he flicked the light off. The room went dark and Arianne lay rigidly on her side.

It was fine, she actually sort of liked it. Being next to Jordan. But she didn’t know how he felt about it. Her hand lay flat on her side before she felt his wrap his hand around it. Arianne turned around and Jordan pulled her in to a hug, and kissed her on the forehead.

“Goodnight, Annie.”

“Night Jordan.”

The following morning, Arianne woke up to Jordan’s face on her neck. Wonderful, she thought as she was stuck in his grasp. Actually, now that she thought about it, it was kind of nice. Her thoughts were broken though, when Jordan woke up.

“Good morning babe,” he said, giving her a kiss. Arianne sat up and tousled her hair.

“Christmas eve?” she asked.

“Yupp, breakfast time!” Jordan said, as he brushed his teeth. Arianne did the same and giggled when Jordan gave her a kiss on the cheek with his toothpaste mouth.

*~*~*~*~*~*

“So how’s it going buds?” Jordan asked Parker, as he sat on the chair in the kitchen watching Arianne and Jordan do the dishes.

“Gud, but ders no hockey game today,” he said, sadly.

“Well bud, they’re all on break like you and your daddy,” said Arianne, stacking the dishes for Jordan to wash.

“Me? I’m not a hockey player!” Parker said, giggling like it was the funniest joke in the world.

“You could be, if you eat your veggies and be a good boy like your uncles!” Arianne replied.

“I’m gonna be a hockey player like Unca Jordan!” Parker said, running off in his cartoon hockey sticked covered feetie pajamas.

“You’re great with kids,” Jordan said, giving Arianne a hug.

“Everybody loves me,” Arianne said, laughing.

Clearly they do, as her phone buzzed from another text from Phil.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hehe, was this one long enough?
Anyways, I wrote this in an extremely good mood cause my boys the Vancouver Canucks are ranked FIRST IN THE NHL! That hasn't happen in a while, I'm in the joyfullest of moods.

Anyways, i love your comments! Reading them really made me laugh, hahahaha =)

Comment Please!