Status: In progress

The Moment I Met You

Thirteen.

As Marc and Eric helped poor little Parker back into the house, after Marc accidentally threw a snowball at Parker’s face and he erupted in tears, Jordan took Arianne by the hand and brought her to the cold lakeside. The snow had began falling down on them and Arianne stuck her tongue up to the sky and tried to catch some snowflakes with her tongue.

Jordan looked at her, and smiled slightly.

“What?” Arianne asked, looking over. Her Canucks toque was slightly bent, her cheeks rosy red from the cold and her tangled, curly brown hair was slightly wet. And Jordan had never thought she looked more beautiful.

“You’re beautiful,” Jordan said, smiling. Arianne blushed and looked down, Jordan pulled her in for a hug and whispered into her ear, “I love you, Arianne.”

Arianne closed her eyes, as her insides melted, “I love you too Jordan.” He took her hand in his, and pulled her back to the house.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Arianne and Jordan went directly to their room and took a quick shower. Jordan went to his parents’ room while Arianne used their room’s. After changing into dry clothes, the pair walked into the living room where Tanya, Henry, Jared, Marc, Parker and Eric were sitting in sipping their hot chocolate. Marc was sitting on the chair, looking grumpy as Parker was drawing on his face. Eric caught Arianne looking, and explained that it was his punishment for the snowball in the face. Jordan chuckled and plopped down on the floor, with Arianne beside him.

“So, how was the kiss?” Henry asked, reading the newspaper, “I mean walk?”

Jared chuckled, “Must’ve been quite a smooch.. I mean walk. Pretty cold out there.”

“Alright, who told?” Jordan asked, shaking his head.

“Jared was gonna call you guys for hot chocolate, but left after the PDA,” Tanya said, trying not to laugh.

“It’s not PDA, it’s in my own backyard,” Jordan said, laughing. Arianne smiled, but was still pretty embarrassed. But the Staals didn’t seem to think anything of it, as Eric gave Tanya a big smooch. Arianne stood up and walked into the kitchen to help Linda with Christmas Eve dinner, but was ushered out as she stepped in.

“GUESTS DON’T COOK!” Linda exclaimed, shutting the door but pulling Jared in for assistance.

Arianne laughed and sat back down, her head on Jordan’s shoulders. He played with her hair, and she closed her eyes. This was the life.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Alright, dinner time!” Linda called, as she bought over the roasted ham from the kitchen. Henry sat at the end of the table, Linda at the other end. Jared, Jordan, Arianne and Parker on one side, and Tanya, Eric and Jared on the other. After saying grace, the boys attacked the meat. Arianne helped little Parker with his vegetables.

“So you two heading back to Pittsburgh at 2 In the morning tomorrow?” Linda asked, helping herself to mashed potatoes.

“Yeah, I got practice right after,” Jordan said, his face downcast. Eric’s flight was leaving an hour before theirs, and Marc was leaving two hours after Jordan. Christmas was too short, for the Staals.

Arianne sipped her soup, she was really going to miss the Staals. She never felt like home this much before.

“Are you going to Pittsbur with Unca Jordan?” Parker asked, his hands spread out.

“Yeah, Parker I am.”

“I’m gon miss you,” Parker said, holding his spoon. Arianne’s heart melted, and she smiled.

“I’m gonna miss you too, Parker,” Arianne said, holding in the tears. The table was silent before the talk of hockey came up between the boys along with Henry, so Arianne joined in- not wanting to dwell on the fact that she was leaving the next day.

Jordan squeezed her hand underneath the table, and she knew in that moment that everything was going to be alright.

*~*~*~*~*~*

“We’re gonna come back for All Star Break, since I’m not on the roster,” Jordan said, sitting on the couch with Arianne next to him. The house was silent as everybody was asleep upstairs, and the pair snuck down to cuddle.

“Aren’t you guys gonna watch Eric? It’s in Carolina,” Arianne asked, as Jordan twirled her hair.

“Nah, mom doesn’t want to fly out but dad might. I want to stay home.. Jared’s obviously going but Marc is indecisive.”

“Oh, well alright. I can’t wait.. I really will miss this place,” Arianne said, looking around. The Christmas lights were on, on and outside the house, the Christmas tree lit up with a bunch of shiny presents underneath it. The gas fireplace gave the room some magical warmth and the big house seemed so warm and happy.

“They’ll miss you too, Arianne. They like you,” Jordan said, placing a kiss on the top of her head.

“Come on, let’s go to sleep.”
♠ ♠ ♠
HI LOOK WHO UPDATED!
Exams aren't over yet, but staying up late was really boring..
haha so many people unsubscibed :( thanks for the 68 of you who remained! <3
comments? :)