Status: In progress

The Moment I Met You

Fourteen.

Parker zoomed around the living room, wearing his brand new Toronto Maple Leafs hat that Arianne had given him for Christmas. The family was sitting together in the living room, opening presents on Christmas morning. Parker got his very first Maple Leafs jersey from his parents, and his first hockey stick from Jordan. Jared had given him a new pair of pajamas while Marc gave him a basket full of Leafs merchandise. Happy Parker plopped down on Arianne’s lap and gave her a hug around the neck.

“I’m gonna miss you and Unca Jordan,” he said, his hat brim covering his eyes. Arianne sighed and took the hat off.

“I’m gonna miss you too, bud,” Parker smiled and put on his hat, and jumped into his daddy’s lap.
Arianne had received three new jerseys, one from each of the Staal brothers. After cleaning up the gift wrapping, Jordan pulled Arianne to their bedroom holding up a box wrapped in red paper.

“Merry Christmas,” Jordan said, giving her a kiss on the head. Arianne unwrapped the box to find a heart shaped necklace in a blue Tiffany box. She gasped and took it out, it twinkled in the light and felt cold against her warm hands.

“You shouldn’t have, Jordan.”

“Yes, I should’ve,” Jordan replied, taking the necklace and putting it on for her. Arianne gave him a kiss, and Jordan smiled to himself.

Arianne took out a box wrapped in shiny paper, and handed it to Jordan. He smiled as he fumbled with the wrapping, inside was a silver pocket watch.

“It was my grandfather’s,” Arianne said, smiling.

“You really want to give this to me?!” Jordan asked, a little stunned.

“Yes, I do,” she said, smiling. Jordan gave her another kiss, and Arianne felt him smile as her lips brushed against his.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Okay, ready to go?” Marc asked, in his giant jacket. He held the door open, as Jordan and Arianne carried their luggage out. After battling his way through the snow to drop off Eric, Tanya and Parker, Marc doubled back this time for Jordan and Arianne. His face was red like his hair, and his knees jiggling in impatience.

Jordan and Arianne gave their last hugs and said their last goodbyes to the Staals before climbing in the car with Marc. The car ride to the airport was short and sad, and sooner or later she was watching the back of Marc’s head walking towards the airport door.

“Don’t be sad,” Jordan said, as Arianne huffed.

“I’ll miss them, I already miss Parker,” Arianne said, laughing.

“Yeah, I do too. But cheer up, you get Geno and the guys back in Pittsburgh,” Jordan said, smiling. They were halfway through the movie on the plane, before Arianne fell asleep on Jordan.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Home sweet home!” exclaimed Jordan, as he plopped onto the couch. The condo was exactly as they left it, the countertops were a bit dusty and the room had a sense of loneliness to it.

Arianne took a shower as Jordan made some food, after a quick breakfast the pair fell asleep on the couch together, exhausted from the long plane ride.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short chapter, but I'm really sleepy.
I finished all my homework so I rewarded myself :)
comments?