Status: In progress

The Moment I Met You

Twenty.

Jordan opened his notebook, and clicked his pen. His therapist had told him to write down daily diary entries about his feelings. He was hesitant at first, but finally caved in.

Sup. I haven’t written in this since before the wedding. It’s been fun. During the week in Paris, we had the best time ever. And some alone time, which we haven’t had before. It was incredible, and the plane ride back was awesome too. But ever since heading back here to Thunder Bay, she’d been quite distant. She hangs around with Tanya and mom more then usual, and she’s been playing with Parker 24/7. Like what? I don’t get it. I asked Eric and he said that she might “want to have a kid.” Don’t get me wrong, I love kids. Look how well I get along with Parker! But we just got married... I don’t want to have a mini Jordan till at least a year later. It’d be a handful! I just got settled down, and recovered from my injury.
Eh, who knows. But I will sit down and talk to her about it, I just don’t want to be like, “HEY I DON’T WANT A KID YET” and crush her dreams.
Well, yeah. Peace out homie.


Jordan stuffed his notebook underneath his pillow and threw his pen on the dresser. He walked to the living room where his family was seated around. The off season was always half fun half filled with the gloom of no hockey. Tanya was talking quietly with Arianne as Parker was bouncing on her lap.

“Hey,” Jordan said as he sat beside Arianne. He noticed her stiffen and the conversation quiet down.

“No need to stop.. Er talking,” Jordan said, looking over.

“Oh baby, we weren’t discussing anything important. Just dinner, how does potatoes sound?” Arianne said as she got up. She flashed Jordan a smile and picked Parker up to go to the kitchen.

Jordan massaged his temples, and looked up just in time to see Parker wave his little fingers goodbye.

What the hell was going on?

*

“Mom, what does it mean when a girl ignores you?” Jordan asked Linda, as he joined her on the couch.

The rest of the family was swimming in the lake. You could see Arianne jumping into Marc’s arms in the lake.

“Are you talking about Arianne, hun?” Linda said as she lowered her glasses.

“Yeah, whenever I talk to her she just ignores me. And she’s always with Tanya and Parker.”

“Maybe she’s just bonding with your family, Jords.”

“But she’s my wife.”

“Look if it’s such a problem, why don’t you just talk to her?”

“She always ignores me!”

“Talk to her alone, hun,” Linda put her hand on Jordan’s shoulder.

*

“So, have you talked to Jordan yet?” Tanya said as she and Arianne were laying on their towels.

Parker was squealing around in the water with his water wings, and the boys were playing football. Henry, watching his grandson was multitasking as he yelled coaching techniques to the footballers.

“No, I have to find the perfect time. I think he suspects something.”

“Well you have been avoiding him, babe.”

“But whenever I try to talk to him about it, I get awkward.”
“Well hun, if you don’t talk to him soon - he’s gonna get pissed.”

Arianne sighed, “That’s what Brittany said.”

*

The dinner was quiet.

Henry at one head, Linda at the other. Jordan and Arianne across from each other and Jared sitting grumpily with Parker at the “kiddie table” trying to make him eat his peas.

“So how was swimming?” Linda asked, breaking the silence.

“It was fun, we played football, Tanya and Annie just suntanned,” Marc responded.

“I FLOATED FOR 20 SECUNDS!” Parker shrieked from the kiddie table.

“Shutup and eat your peas,” Jared mumbled.

“Oh really? Did you guys just talk?” Jordan asked, ignoring Jared and Parker.

“Yeah, it was fun. Bonding time,” Tanya responded.

Linda shot Jordan a I-told-you-so look.

Jordan ignored her, “What’d you talk about?”

“Nothing,” the two said in unison.

Jordan sighed.

*

“What’s going on, Annie?” Jordan said as he laid in bed with his pillow propped up against the head board.

“W-w-what do you mean?” Arianne replied, slipping on her nightgown.

“I know what, well I know something is going on. And I want to know what!”

“Jordan, baby calm down. Nothing’s going on-”

“Well then why are you acting like that?” Jordan exclaimed, “Is something going on? Was the honeymoon not special enough? Am I not good enough anymore?”

“No, Jordan,” Arianne said as she put her hand on her forehead, “I need you to calm down.”

“Okay,” Jordan said. He took a deep breath and restarted, “So what’s wrong?”

“Jordan,” Arianne said as her eyes filled up with tears but her smile big.

Jordan sat up straight and listened.

“Jordan, I’m pregnant.”

“Oh.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, long time no update!
Hey guess what? IT'S SPRING BREAK!

Go Canucks, let's win it for Manny!

Comments please?