Status: In progress

The Moment I Met You

Three.

“Wait, so you think that Amy Farrah Fowler and Sheldon Cooper seem like a good couple?!” Arianne asked, snorting with laughter.

“Yes, I do! I think Sheldon needs a girlfriend, like what’s the deal? Doesn’t he have ANY sexual desires?” Jordan responded, his hands waving at his side to emphasize his opinion.

The pair were talking about the Big Bang Theory, a comedy on television. When they found out they both watched the show, a conversation exploded. Arianne and Jordan were sitting in the very back corner in a local Starbucks in Pittsburgh. Arianne’s luggage was still with her, and Jordan had yet another coffee in his hands.

“So you’re sure about this? I mean, you have a roommate!” Arianne said indignantly. After she was told that her “dorm application never got sent in,” she called the only person in the city of Pittsburgh she knew: Jordan Staal. He immediately rushed over in his Range Rover precisely five minutes later and they ended up back at a cafe.

“Yes, I’m sure. Kris’ girlfriend’s living with us too so it’ll be sort of like.. Payback,” he said, laughing.

“Payback? Sounds like you’re using me, Jordan Staal.”

“Maybe just a little,” he replied laughing. “But seriously, you can stay as long as you want. Really.”

“Okay. Thanks Jordan, really. I don’t know where I’d be right now without you.”

As they made their way back to the condo, Jordan started warning Arianne about the weird things that go on.

“Okay so Kris and his girlfriend Brittany like to PDA. A lot. We don’t eat dinner together except for games, Brittany doesn’t usually come with us on trips so you’ll have somebody to talk to. But don’t worry though, Brittany’s nice. Well to other people, not me. I don’t usually eat with them, but you’re welcome to eat with me. Oh and..” as Jordan rambled on and on about life in the condo, Arianne started to panic.

What if Brittany don’t like me? What if Kris is a douchebag?! God, this is going to be so awkard..

“Worried?” Arianne snapped out of her panic attack to find Jordan looking at her with an assuring smile.

“Sort of, I mean- I’ve never done this sort of thing before.. I barely know you and stuff, it’s sort of weird.”

“Hey I’m trustworthy! Just calm, cool and collected and breathe in three, two, one..” Jordan laughed as Arianne lightly punched him in the arm for making fun of her.

When they arrived at the condo, Jordan stuck his key in the lock and quietly opened the door, “Hello? Anybody home?”

No reply.

“I guess nobody’s here right now, weird..” Jordan took off his coat and threw it on the couch. He rolled in Arianne’s suitcase and dropped his keys on the island in the middle of the kitchen.

Arianne rubbed her arm as she walked into the cool, air conditioned room. To the immediate left there were three white couches surrounding a giant plasma screen TV. The kitchen to the right had nice tabletops and stainless steel appliances.

“Tour time!” Jordan called as he grabbed her arm and led hear through the house. One hall way that way, and one hall way this way, “Which side first?”

“Uh, left?” Arianne said quietly. She was still taking in the fact that she was in Jordan Staal’s house. Where he lived with his roommate Kris Letang. His teammate on the NHL team Pittsburgh Penguins. Stanley Cup winning team, that is.

“Okay, so that’s Kris and Brittany’s room. Well the one across the hall is Brittany’s room but they’re always together anyways. One hall closet, game room and bathroom,” Jordan rambled on. Then he grabbed her hand and pulled her the other direction.

“So this is your room?” Arianne asked as he opened the door. The bed was made nicely, and the walls were white. He had a iMac on a desk near the window, and another flatscreen TV in front of his bed. She walked along the bookshelf and saw pictures of him and his brothers, his parents, and his team with the Stanley Cup.

“Where the magic happens,” Jordan replied, coming up behind Arianne. He also looked at the pictures with an amused expression, as if just realizing they were there.

“Uh, let’s go see your room kay?” Jordan said, breaking the silence.

They walked across the hall and he opened the door, “It’s the guest room that nobody uses.”

“It’s great!” Arianne said, and she meant it! The walls were a darkish beige colour, and the bed had dark mahogany headboards. There was a largish closet, a dresser, desk and a bookshelf. There was also a TV in front of the bed.

“Really?” Jordan asked, smiling, “I designed it.”

“Well, you did a great job!” Arianne turned around and gave Jordan a hug. “Thanks for letting me stay here, really.”

Jordan looked down at the top of her head. He did another little victory dance in his head, and muttered, “No problem.”

“Allo!” called a voice, a French-accented voice from the front door.
“Oh, Kris is here! Time to introduce you!” Jordan pulled Arianne by the hand out the door.

“Crap” was really the only thing Arianne could think as her panic filled thoughts returned to her head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the feedbacks on this! Could we keep it up? It motivates me to write, which gives you more updates!

Comment! Tell me if you hate it, love it, if it's cheesy or just right. Tell me about the players you want to appear in the story! For sure Max, Kris (obviously) and Geno are going to be in it!

This is really random but I like how I did the layout.
Anyways,
Comment Please!