Status: In progress

The Moment I Met You

Five.

Arianne threw her hand on the snooze button next to her bed, she threw off her covers and yawned. The red digital clock read 10:00AM, Arianne sighed and walked to the door, turned the doorknob and stepped into the hall.

Jordan came out at the same time, wearing only his boxers. He saw Arianne and smiled sheepishly.

“You’re up early,” he commented.

Arianne blushed and nodded, “I was just gonna take a shower.”

“Yeah go ahead, I’ll go get changed and eat something. We can leave after breakfast.”

Arianne walked into the bathroom, shut the door and let out a woosh of air. Jordan Staal had a body, that’s for sure.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Hey Staal, any plans for today?” Kris asked, his head in the fridge.

“Yeah, taking Arianne shopping in downtown.”

“Oh snap, have fun. Brittany and I are going to her parents’ house, they want to meet me.”

“Getting pretty serious, eh?”

“Basically, I kinda like it.”

Jordan smiled when Arianne walked into the room. She had on jeans and a Dion Phaneuf t-shirt.

“What the-” Kris asked, when he looked up. “That’s a disgusting shirt.”

“You’re disgusting,” Arianne retorted, “It’s gorgeous.”

Kris made a face and threw a five dollar bill at Jordan, “Do me a favour and buy her one today. I don’t care who, just get a Penguins one.”

Jordan laughed and threw the bill back at him, “I will. I don’t want your money though, last time I borrowed a dollar you charged interest.” Arianne laughed and poured herself a bowl of cereal with milk.

Just then, Brittany walked into the room. “Good mornings” rang out through the room. “Are you gonna check out Pittsburgh?” Brittany asked, sitting across the table from Arianne.

“Yeah! Jordan’s taking me, any places you recommend?”

“Nothing really special.. Just go to the mall, and oh! Jordan take her to that Italian restaurant we went to after the Cup parade,” she said, looking over at the boys before turning back to Arianne, “It’s to die for.”

“Oh cool, I’ll check that out,” Arianne replied.

“Yeah we could go there for dinner,” Jordan said, sitting on the counter. Kris shot him a look and winked.

“I promised Brittany I was going to take her for sushi. You kids have fun,” Kris said, grabbing his jacket, “Let’s go Britt! Wanna get there early.”

Both girls went back into their rooms to grab their jackets, and Jordan slapped Kris on the arm, “What the heck was that?”
“Just helping you out, bro. We might spend the night at her parents’ house too.”

“Huh, well thank you.”

“Anything for my little Staalsy,” Kris teased, ruffling his hair.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Arianne sighed, am I going on a date with Jordan Staal? she thought. He didn’t actually ask her out, Brittany suggested it. She grabbed her jacket and walked out the door.

“Let’s go!” Jordan opened the door for Arianne as she walked by. They made their way down to the parking lot and into Jordan’s Range Rover.

“Okay, to the mall first?” Jordan asked, after opening the door for Arianne.

“Sure, just show me wherever. Just want to explore Pittsburgh a bit, maybe get a jacket and I need a pair of boots.”

“Alright, let’s go downtown later. I want to show you Pittsburgh.”

After hitting up a couple of stores, Arianne bought a pair of ankle boots and a jacket. She walked out of the store with a big smile on her face. “Thanks Jordan! I would’ve never came here on my own, it’s huge!”

“No problem. Now let’s go over there...” Jordan spun her around and pushed her by her shoulders as if driving her around.

“Where we headed?”

“Honouring Kris’ request,” pushing her into ‘Jersey World.’

*~*~*~*~*~*

A few minutes later, the pair exited the store with a brand new Staal t-shirt. Arianne kept on stammering thanks, and when Jordan waved it off, Arianne gave him a hug. Jordan’s hand were awkwardly in the air for a moment, before he placed them on her back. He saw somebody waving on the other side, and squinted to see who it was.

Maxime Talbot. Was this guy everywhere? Max gave him the thumbs up and made a rude hand gesture before laughing and walking away with a guy beside him.

When Jordan was waiting for Arianne to finish using the bathroom, he checked his phone. New message: Max Talbot

My boy works fast ehh

Are you stalking me or something......

Nope we just think the same. Isnt that nice?

Jordan sighed and put away his phone as Arianne came out. They walked back towards the south entrance, which was closer to where they parked.

“Arianne? Arianne Mason is that you?” came voice from behind them.

They spun around to find a guy, about 6’1” or 6’2” with a smile on his face.

“Phil? Phil Davids?” Arianne asked, running up to him. They met in a hug and Arianne squealed. “I was just reading my journal the other day, and your name came up! Wow, what are you doing in Pittsburgh?”

“School, University of Pittsburgh. I transfered out of UT last year.”

“Oh coincidence! Me too!” she turned around as Jordan coughed, as if only just realizing he was there. “Oh, this is my friend Jordan. I’m staying over at his house for a while.”

“Jordan Staal eh?” Phil said, “I’m more of a Leafs fan myself so...”

“Leafs have fans?” Jordan asked, annoyed.

Arianne looked between the two of them awkwardly before tugging Jordan’s arm and leading him away. “Well, we gotta go. I’ll see you around campus when term starts?”

“Yeah, definitely. Can’t wait!” Phil said, shooting Jordan a look. Jordan returned one just as nasty before walking off with Arianne.
♠ ♠ ♠
This has been the most comments I've received for a story. Love you guys! :D Keep them coming!
Oh, and thanks to the 35 of you who subscribed! =)

Comment Please!