Status: W.I.P. :3

Spitting out the Blood and Screaming

Chapter 2

A bright light shone on my eyes and I realised with a start, that I was in fact not dead, like I thought I was. My heartbeat pounded strongly in my chest, mirrored by the machine's beeps next to me. My eyes fluttered open and I started to stretch out when my wrists and ankles were jerked by some sort of sturdy material. I struggled against the constraints, for some reason the constraints evoked a strong reaction of fear from me. I could feel it pressing in my chest and coiling in my intestines. I had this sense of foreboding from them, like some great pain was yet to follow.
~*~*~

I pulled against the constraints around my wrists in fear. It was pitch black in here. I couldn't see anything. I felt the cold air press against my body trying to suffocate me and drown me with its' menace. I wasn't even sure how air could be menacing, but I could feel it in the air. Despite the coldness of the room I was in I could feel the sweat beading between my shoulder blades on my bare back. I swallowed harshly and tugged against the constraints around my wrists. I winced as it scratched against my chafed skin but kept struggling, even though I knew it was pointless. These contraints were meant for much stronger people than little me. I sighed and stopped tugging and let myself sag. I guessed I looked like a Jesus re-incarnate.
"God, please give me strength..." I breathed as quietly as I could and looked around cautiously.
'God' was a forbidden word in this household. The mention of it could send someone to an early grave. Quite frankly, that would be a blessing though. Suddenly, a glimmer of light appeared and I realised the door I'd gone through earlier had opened. It opened fully, illuminating the room I was in. A shadow appeared in the doorway and I trembled. Something long and slim fell from the shadow's hand and I gulped.
"I'm sorry, you are my favourite of all of them...but this must be done. You cannot go unpunished any longer," my Master's voice was smooth and calm.
I gulped. She raised the long slim thing in her hand and a CRACK! resounded across the room, and I screamed out as what felt like a flaming knife slashed across my back. There was another CRACK! and I screamed and jerked against my constraints as the whip slashed across my back again. I couldn't believe how much pain I was in already. My whole back was stinging and salty tears slid down my face as I sobbed in pain. I would never disobey my master again, if only she would let this stop! CRACK! Unfortunately, my screams would ring out, echoing through the house for hours to come.

~*~*~

I felt salty tears slide down my face as I fought against the constraints. I jerked my arms and thrashed wildly, to try and get out of my constraints. I did not want to have to go through anything like that again.
"Hey, hey, hey! Calm down, it's okay! Stop it! You've got them on to stop you from hurting yourself!" the woman from yesterday, I'm assuming, Ellen cried, running into the room.
I looked up at her, fear coiling up my muscles and she frowned in concern at me.
"It's okay, calm down. They're not there to hurt you," she soothed, gently resting her hand on my shin.
My heart was pounding several times faster than it should've been and she looked at me and set her clipboard aside.
"Breathe with me, come on. Deep breaths. Breath in, hold...breathe out," she said calmly and soothingly.
I looked away from her, to the constraints and for a moment I wondered if I could maybe gnaw them off or something. I sat up and tried to bend down to reach the restraints but Ellen came over and firmly, but gently pushed me back.
"Breathe and calm down. I don't want to have to tie you to the bed, but if I have to, I will. They're there for the safety of everyone and you must leave them alone," she said firmly.
I looked up at her and I'm pretty sure she could see the fear in my eyes.
She gave me a warm smile and I reluctantly relaxed back into the bed.
"Good girl. Now breathe. Breathe in, hold... breathe out," she said calmly.
I found myself copying her actions and my heart rate went down and I lay calmly on the bed. I would even go so far as to say I was becoming slightly drowsy.
"Now dear, can you tell me if you're feeling any pain?" Ellen asked.
Pain...nope, no pain.
I shook my head and she smiled as she noted something down on her clipboard.
"Now, can you tell me what your name it is?" she asked me, smiling.
I opened my mouth to reply, but nothing came out. I frowned. The same hollow feeling came back. The feeling that I wasn't quite whole, that I was missing something. I tried to think of my name but all I hit was blankness. A horrified feeling washed over me.
Who am I?
I whimpered again, and tried to pull my legs up to my chest to comfort me, but of course, they were strapped down. Panic started to filter in my brain as tears built up in my eyes.
"Honey, that's okay, that's okay, breathe, remember? Deep breaths, in and out," Ellen said, setting down her clipboard.
She came over to me and looked firmly into my eyes.
"Breathe," she ordered.
I whimpered and tried to jerk away from her. I wanted to know who I was, dammit! I didn't care about breathing normally! I struggled against the restraints again, blocking out the voice of Ellen.
She doesn't know anything! The stupid woman! She has no idea what it's like to lose her memory! She just wants her stupid answers for the stupid doctor poison people!
She was leaning over me and trying to hold me down and shouting for someone. I brought my head up and smacked it into her head and she reeled back, her eyes slightly unfocused. However, several more people were running into my room shouting various things. I trembled and thrashed against the restraints before I was shoved down and more restraints were strapped across my legs, waist and chest. I watched someone inject a different poison into my bloodstream, outraged and stricken. I felt the same feeling of scratching on the insides of my veins and I cried out a single word before the same wave of crushing darkness took me under.
"Master!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, someone actually likes this story. I went onto my mibba page to get to my stories page and then I saw that I had a comment on this and I was like, whoa! Holy crap! At first I expected it to be like 'this sucks, go eat a cow' or something like that, but then it was actually a really nice comment and I was like...AWWWW! YAY! So, thank you so much OxyContinGenocide
Anyway, I promise it will get better than what it is at the moment. This is kinda an introduction kinda thing.