Status: W.I.P. :3

Spitting out the Blood and Screaming

Chapter 3

My eyes flickered open again and I realised another day had passed. I attempted to sit up but was jerked back by the restraints over my body. I felt trapped underneath them, like a sitting duck. I hated it with a fiery passion, but I knew that I definitely wouldn't be able to get out of these so I lay back, staring at the ceiling. It was so boring here. At least back home I'd have something to do. I frowned.
Home? Where is that?
I had no clue how I knew that I had a home or even if I would be doing something. Those weird little mind-movies indicated that I had a 'master' and I must have been a very disobedient person. I pursed my lips together. I wasn't sure what had happened to me, but I knew it was bad.
Was my...accident? I'll just call it that. Was it caused by my master? The woman in the mind-movies? What happened?
I wanted to know everything at once, but I couldn't even tell you my name. I began to gnaw on my lip, for the lack of something to do and I looked around the room again. I saw the same concrete landscape, the same vomit coloured curtains, the same wilted flowers, only more wilted and brown. I let a small sigh escape and I closed my eyes.
Maybe if I just let my mind go blank, things will come to me?
I figured it would be worth a shot.

I relaxed completely and focused on nothing but my breathing.
Breathe in...breathe out...breathe in...breathe out...
I felt a certain kind of relaxed, peacefulness come over me and my body lay limp in the restraints.
~*~*~

I was dragged down the corridor to my Master by my hair. I tried to keep up with my Master's second-in-command, Axel, but he was walking too fast for me to keep up with. I was quite afraid because I had done something wrong. I had disobeyed her rules. My Master doesn't take too kindly to that. Particularly as this had happened quite a lot the past week. She had let me off with very gentle beatings, well gentle by her standards, but I had disobeyed her very badly this time. We soon reached my Master's door and Axel banged on her door angrily.
"Come in," my Master's voice purred.
Axel stormed through and threw me to the ground, in front of my Master's feet. I could feel her curious gaze upon me and I trembled. I was terrified. I could very nearly lose my life over this.
"What are you doing handling my subjects like that?" my Master snarled.
She was the only one allowed to punish me. I was special to her for some reason. She liked to think she saw herself in me. I couldn't see it.
"I'll handle her however I damn well like! You have no power over your slaves anymore Lilith! You are weak!" Axel snarled.
I trembled again, for Axel was provoking my Master. I heard my Master's heels tap on the floor and then a slight strangling noise and a crash. I flinched and buried my face in my hands.
"Don't you dare say anything like that again! I gave you life! I gave you power! You would be NOTHING without me!" my Master hissed venomously.
Her heels clicked over to me and she knelt beside me. Her hands pried my fingers away from my face and I looked up at her, my face radiating my fear. She looked at me with calm green eyes and gave me a smile.
"My dear, look what he's done to you," she said, brushing her hands over my face.
I felt guilt at the caring tone she was talking to me in and I looked down.
"My dear, look at me," she said firmly.
I obediently looked up at her and she gave me an approving smile.
"Now stand up," she said.
I nodded and stood up, bowing my head respectfully to her. Her hand cracked across my cheek and my head rolled to the side as my cheek flared up in pain. Fear held the rest of my body rigid.
"I told you to look at me!" she growled.
I looked up at her and she gave me another smile.
"Better," she said approvingly.
"Lilith--" Axel started.
"Not a single word!" she snarled viciously.
"SHE TRIED TO ESCAPE!" Axel yelled.
My eyes widened in terror as my Master froze. She looked at him and then back down at me. A small whimper escaped my lips and my heart started pounding three times faster. I had never been this scared of my Master in my life.
"Is this true?" she asked me.
Her eyes were no longer calm, they were stony with controlled rage.
I opened my mouth to reply but I couldn't speak. My throat was too constricted to talk.
"IS THIS TRUE?!" she shouted at me, her face two inches from mine.
I let out a small cry and I dropped to the floor. My only hope now would be begging and grovelling. I kneeled before her feet and cried out apologies and begs for forgiveness.
"Leave us," my Master snarled to Axel.
I knew then that it was over. My Master would have no mercy on me. The door had barely closed when the first blow of many struck me.

~*~*~

"Hush, hush, it's okay. I know it's frustrating, but it's okay," Ellen soothed me.
I came back from my mind-movie to notice I was in tears. From what I gathered I was in tears a lot.
"Who am I?" I whispered.
My throat was dry from lack of use, and I swallowed hard afterwards. Ellen looked at me somewhat sadly.
"We were hoping you could tell us. You were brought in by a couple who didn't know you. They said they found you in an alleyway. Do you remember anything?" Ellen asked.
I thought back to what she said. It felt wrong to me, it wasn't...what happened. I had no idea if the most recent mind-movie was what happened(although my gut said it wasn't), I knew that the story the couple had given the people here wasn't correct. I could feel it in my bones.
"No, I don't," I whispered.
Ellen looked somewhat disappointed, but she smiled at me anyway.
"Where am I?" I asked.
My tears were starting to dry up and I was more relaxed than how I had been the past couple of days. Ellen gave me a slightly surprised look before answering.
"You're in St. Raphael's hospital," Ellen replied.
I frowned.
Raphael...Raphael...
Dawning appeared in my eyes. Raphael was an archangel. He was mentioned in Judaism, Christianity and Islam. He was the 'one who heals', or something like that. I felt a strange sense of peace in my chest. I felt safe, like Raphael was up there watching me or something.
I gave Ellen a smile and she smiled back.
"What happened to me?" I asked.
"We're not entirely sure. We are assuming you were attacked. You've been in a coma for about 3 weeks with multiple lacerations and bruises over your body. You had internal bleeding on your spleen, liver and we had to remove a kidney," Ellen said.
My eyes widened.
I went through all of that?! I wonder what I did that was so wrong...
"Yeah...obviously the police are trying to find the culprits for it but unfortunately aren't having much luck, and with your amnesia...well, I just hope it won't be too long before your memory comes back," Ellen said.
"How long does amnesia usually last?" I asked.
Ellen looked at me hesitantly and sighed.
"It differs from person to person. And on the severity of the brain injury. You may never regain all of your previous memory. But you might regain it all in a week or so. It's not something we can predict. But don't worry, I'm sure you'll regain your memory soon," Ellen said, giving me a smile and patting my knee.
I nodded and looked up at the ceiling.
"When will I be able to go?" I asked.
"I-I...I don't know. You'll have to ask your doctor," Ellen answered.
I shuddered.
"They're poisoning me," I announced.
"What? They are not," Ellen said, laughing slightly.
I looked out at the grey landscape.
"They're going to kill me. They want me to die," I said.
"What are you talking about? Are you talking about Dr. West?" Ellen asked me.
"All of them. They all want me to die. They're poisoning me. I can feel it when they inject it. It's like they've injected barbs into my veins and they're scratching against the insides of my veins," I said, still not looking at Ellen.
"What? What do you mean? Does this happen all the time?" Ellen asked, worriedly.
"Every single time. Until it's burnt out," I murmured.
"'Burnt out'?" Ellen asked.
I lay there and closed my eyes.
~*~*~

"No matter where you go, or what you do, I will find you..." I heard a cold, sadistic voice ring out into the night air.
I whimpered in fear and looked around me. My black hair spun out wildly around my face. My breath was ragged with fear.
"No matter how fast you run, little rabbit, I will find you! I'll get you and I'll have myself a nice rabbit stew!" the same voice sang out to me before a sadistic laugh reverberated around me.
I blindly took a left and started sprinting. The night was dark and oppressive and the storm clouds built up in the sky. My breath was coming in sobbing gasps now and I suddenly took a right turn and then zig-zagged through a few corners and then pressed my body to a random wall, beside a dumpster. I pressed my hand over my mouth to try and block the sound of my ragged breathing. I had never felt so terrified before, I slammed my head against the brick wall behind me and cursed myself to the depths of hell. I should never have gone into that club, I should never have flirted with that guy, I should never have ever teased him, I should've just gone with him back to his hotel room instead of telling him to get a life and walking off. I was probably the stupidest 16-almost-17 year old around.
"And oh, you look so tired,
Well, but tonight you presume too much.
Too much, I said too much,
And if it's the last thing I ever do...
I'M GONNA GET YOU!" he sang.
Suddenly, he popped his head around the corner to grin wickedly at me, with bared teeth and merciless black eyes. I screamed and took off, faster than I ever had before.
"Run, little rabbit...run...all the fun is in the chase," he laughed and took off after me.
I sprinted to God knows where, trying to escape from my Sandman.
"I'm gonna get you, little rabbit, and tear into you like a pack of wild animals!" he snarled.
Tears were streaming down my face and I was exhausted. I felt like a tiny rabbit, trying to run away from the sly fox chasing it. We both knew who would win this war. I turned my last corner and I cursed, it was dead straight. He would catch up to me in no time. I looked back behind me and then crashed into something. I flew to the ground and glowing, green eyes greeted me.
"Lilith!" the man cried out in greeting.
"You touch her, you die," a cold, female voice said.
I looked up at the woman and then my body passed out from exhaustion.

~*~*~
♠ ♠ ♠
So, once again, thank you to my commentor OxyContinGenocide! Thank you for commenting again, it means a lot that you re-commented ^-^
Anyway, two flashbacks this time(or mind-movies as she calls them). Just making sure you guys know, these flashbacks aren't in sequencial(is that a word?) order. They're random.
Anyway, enjoy :3