Status: W.I.P. :3

Spitting out the Blood and Screaming

Chapter 4

I wasn't quite with the world after that day. Some days I was clear as crystal, other days I was brought into a haze of paranoia I was confused beyond all hell, particularly with all these mind-movies. They were all getting more and more disturbing for me. I couldn't sleep well. I kept seeing glowing green eyes in the darkness, or eyes as dark as obsidian. I would often wake up screaming in the night. The nurses had kept me strapped to the bed and transferred me to the Psych ward because the first time I woke up I was screaming and scratching at my body hard enough to break the skin.

It had been about a week since that first episode and I was laying in my bed. My mind-movie last night was the strangest of all of them. It confused me because it wasn't a bad mind-movie. It didn't scare me or anything. It was...almost normal.
~*~*~

"Would you like a dessert?"
I looked over at the man in front of me. He had medium length brown hair with blonde highlights that was somewhat messy but looked like it was styled that way. He had kind brown eyes that were warm and welcoming and a friendly smile. He was quite good looking, in a casual way.
I flicked the hair out of my eyes and smiled at him shyly.
"A piece of chocolate cheesecake would be nice," I answered.
He gave me a smile and nodded, holding his hand up for a waiter. Promptly one came over and pulled out a notepad and pen, looking at us expectantly.
"One piece of chocolate cheesecake and a serving of Tiramisu please," the man said and the waiter nodded.
"I'll be right back with your order," he said before rushing off to the kitchen.
"Thank you, Daniel," I said softly.
"You're most welcome, Tina," Daniel replied, his eyes looking into my own.
I blushed and looked down. I looked at my hands and I winced as I saw the callouses and scars on my hands. I felt Daniel place his hand on my own and I looked up.
His eyes were warm and inviting.
"So what brought you to where you are?" I asked.
Daniel smiled widely and laced our fingers together on the table.
"My father actually. He knew a few guys around town and put in a good word about me and before I knew it I was an architect. How about you?" Daniel answered.
"I...I...don't...really remember," I answered, looking down.
"Oh...okay...well, was it what you wanted to do?" Daniel asked, obviously surprised at my lack of memory.
Little did he know it wasn't a lack of memory.
"No, up until about sixteen I wanted to work in fashion," I admitted.
"Huh, that's a big change to working in landscaping, what changed?" Daniel asked curiously.
"It was just going to be a back up job until I could actually get into fashion, but I guess it just grew on me," I lied.
"So, you enjoy it?" Daniel asked.
"Yes," I replied, lying again.
"Here are your desserts," the waiter said, sliding two plate on the table.
"Thank you," I smiled.
The waiter nodded and rushed off. Daniel and I talked a little bit more as we ate. Once we were finished our dessert we walked up to the desk. Daniel had his hand on my back and I was blushing.
"May we please have our bill?" Daniel asked politely.
I started to pull out my purse but Daniel put his hand over mine and gave me a smile.
"My treat," he said.
I smiled and put my purse away as he paid for the meal. He placed his arm around my waist and smiled at me.
"So, where would you like to go now?" he asked.
I looked briefly at my watch and bit my lip. I looked out at the moon and shivered slightly. I glanced surreptitiously around me and sidled closer to Daniel.
"I think it's time for me to go home. It's late," I said.
Daniel frowned slightly but nodded.
"Okay, home it is."

~*~*~

Where was home? Was that what I called the Master's house? Who was Daniel? Why was I with Daniel? Somehow I doubted that Master would've let me date. And why was I older in that mind-movie when in the others I was so young? It didn't make sense to me. Then something occurred to me. This Daniel person had called me Tina. That must be my name!
"So, how are we today?"
I saw Ellen walk in and I beamed at her. She stopped for a moment because I had never been this happy before.
"I know my name!" I cried out in delight.
Ellen gave me a surprised look before giving me a big, warm smile.
"That's wonderful dear! What is it?" she asked, walking closer to me.
"Tina," I said, tasting the name.
"Tina," Ellen mused.
"Tina," I repeated, trying to get a feel for the name.
"That's a pretty name. It suits you," Ellen smiled.
"Thank you," I smiled.
"So how are we feeling today?" Ellen asked.
"Happy! I feel like I could fly!" I declared.
Ellen chuckled lightly.
"Well that's certainly a good thing. Do you feel like harming yourself?" Ellen asked.
"Nope. I feel really good. I didn't have any nightmares either. No screaming," I answered.
Ellen beamed at me.
"That's really good to hear. And I have some more good news!" Ellen declared.
I looked at her curiously, to hear the news.
"We think we may have found someone who knows who you are!" Ellen said excitedly.
My eyes widened in shock and my mouth fell open slightly.
"Who?" I asked eagerly.
"Come in!" Ellen called out.
I peered at the door and it opened and in walked a woman. She was tall, pale and was fitted with a long, flowing, blood red evening gown with a pair of matching heels that clacked as she walked. Last of all she had glowing, green eyes.
"Hello, Tina," she said in a cool, calm voice.
That's when my screaming started.

"Quiet!" my Master said firmly.
I clamped my mouth shut and looked at her in terror. I was terrified of this vicious woman in front of me, I had seen the horrors in her house.
"Tina, how are you my dear, we've been looking everywhere for you!" she lied smoothly.
"I-I'm okay," I whispered.
Ellen looked between us suitably concerned.
"Is there something wrong, Tina?" Ellen asked, placing her hand on mine.
"No, no problem at all," my Master said smoothly.
"I don't believe I was asking you," Ellen said quietly.
My Master glared at her and I cringed for Ellen. My Master looked at me firmly and I gulped.
"No Ellen. There's no problem at all," I whispered.
I kept my voice down because my Master hates it when I speak in a loud tone.
"Are you sure?" Ellen asked.
"Yes," I whispered.
"I want her now. Give me the release forms," my Master ordered.
"I'm sorry, but I cannot do that. She has a mental illness that must be carefully monitored. She may not be fit to release for several more weeks yet," Ellen said coldly.
"Fine. If you won't give me the release forms then I'll take her myself. Tina, come. We're leaving," my Master snapped.
"If you touch her I'll call security," Ellen said.
My Master stopped and stared at Ellen incredulously.
"You stupid woman. You have no idea what you're getting yourself into. I suggest you back away from me. I am a very influential woman in this town and if I want something I get it. So back off before I put you down like an animal," my Master snarled.
Ellen stepped back shocked and then my Master ripped the restraints off me and before I knew it I was out of the hospital and shoved into a car.
"Drive," she ordered.
Then we were gone. I was going back to hell.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, sorry about the crappiness of the end bit, but I didn't know how else to end it.
Almost at the end! Sorry if you guys were expecting something long, but this is only going to be 6 chapters, due to the competition limit rules.
Anyway...can anybody guess what's going to happen?
Again, thank you to the always amazing OxyContinGenocide for commenting on this story. You are amazing, and I love you. Your comments keep me writing. :)
Here's a late merry Christmas everyone and enjoy :3