‹ Prequel: Blowing Off Smoke
Status: Revamped and active again :)

Gray

Prolouge

-Breelle Hakeem-

My breath caught when I saw the shiny, black metal of the gun. A deep breath in.
I was going to die.
Then suddenly, I was swept off my feet and my butt collided with a cold metal bar.
A shot was fired and I stiffened at the sound, fear consuming me. I was blind with fear, it took me a few moments to pay attention to my surroundings again.
The frigid air whisked by me as we turned a corner.
We.
I finally found myself and looked at my surroundings. The metal bar that I was thrown onto was the handlebars of a dark bike.
I looked to the face of my savior.
Dicari Reed.
I was riding on Dicari Reed's handlebars like I'd seen so many of his friends do.
He turned another corner and pulled me off the bike just as it fell from under him. He pushed it behind a trashcan.
Everything was happening way too fast. My brain couldn't keep up.
I was going to die .
He pulled me up stairs into an apartment. When we were inside, I heard someone yell his name and the clanging of dishes in the kitchen.
Dicari called something back and next thing I knew he was sitting me beside him on his bed.
He got on his knees in front of me, pulling my coat off.
"Are you okay?" he asked, eyes roaming my body for injury.
My eyes were still wide with fear, but I nodded slowly.
He sighed, "Good."
We sat in silence for a few minutes before my body began to recover and I moved my hand to hold onto my elbow, suddenly chilled.
"You scared me, Breelle. I thought you were just gonna let him shoot you."
I sucked in a breath. "I think I was."
He stared at me with his gray eyes. "Why?"
My eyes examined his carpet. It was the same color as his eyes. Same color as the winter sky.
I was going to die .
I don't answer for a while.
"I was scared."
Dicari scoffed. "I've seen you in the face of danger and on the track team!"
It was partly a joke, but I didn't laugh.
"Yeah, but . . . what do I even have to live for?"
He bends his head so I have to look down into his capturing gray eyes.
"A lot."
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited.