Wake Me Up

The Fallen Rose

As she placed the rose on the coffin then walked away, only then did she realize what had just really happened. She left behind her best friend in a cold dark wooded box that would soon be six feet under- she never though that six feet would feel so deep, but it felt like the distance between heaven and hell.

As they dropped the coffin into the hole on that rainy day a void was created in Andrea's heart that she couldn't shake off. She refused to cry in public, but was rather a silent mourner.

The wake was harder to witness than the burial. At the wake as Andrea walked to Jade's coffin she could feel the heaviness of the room and she new that the tension was coming from Jade's mother. Jade's mother blamed her daughters suicide on Andrea. Jade's mother always wanted Jade to be the head cheerleader and a preppy girl.

Andrea had just moved from Ohio and Jade had just switched schools. It was both their first days at Porter Hall, a private school full of rich kids who think that they are the shit and deserve the lesser to bow down to them. As Andrea walked into her new school she realized this was the beginning of a living hell. She looked like the poster child for Hot Topic, complete with a Nirvana tee shirt, black nail polish, and combat boots. As she looked around she saw Lacoste polos and 7 jeans, and a preppy girl aimlessly wandering around the halls, apparently new like Andrea.

What Andrea liked about Jade was that although she was a prep, she was never afraid of her and that they always felt comfortable together. Slowly the trandformation happened, and Jade began to wear black as part of her daily wardrobe and started to listen to bands like My Chemical Romance and Aiden.

Andrea and Jade had talked about suicide once, but Andrea never thought that Jade would actually slit her wrists, or worse put a gun to her head.