Let Them Speak

Chapter 11 - Addison

I woke with Haven's head on my chest, one hand resting on the base of my neck, the other resting on my other thigh. If she wasn't sleeping, I would've been angry, given what happened last night. But, I just sighed, and waited until she woke up.

"Morning," She said with a sleepy smile, her hair as messy as could be.

"Morning, Haven." I said as Haven got up. She stumbled on her feet for a second, but gained her balance. She wiped the sleep from her eyes, and gave me a pleading look. "What?"

"Is it alright if I hang out here. If I go home, they'll know I skipped school." She bit her lip and I nodded. Then, her and I both changed, completely comfortable with each other seeing the other's body. My attire today was something I found myself sexy in. I wore skin tight pants, with bright yellow contacts. I wore a skin tight gray shirt, but covered it with my baggy green sweatshirt. I slipped on my sunglasses after I straightened my hair.

I said my goodbyes to Haven and headed to school. For some reason, I was excited to go to school. I walked quickly to school. I was singing to my iPod, the sun was shining. Everything was perfect. When I walked into the school, I went straight to Advanced Lit. But, when I got there, my happiness was shattered. Not 'cause of an assignment, or something like that. No, it was because Darryn wasn't there.

The rest of the day, kind of just went by in a blur. I didn't really care about it much. i saw Bridgette, though. she tried to cuss me out and tell me how dead Haven will be when she gets back, but I stuck my head phones in and tuned everyone out. Well, mostly everyone.

That ghost boy was back. He stood right outside when school ended. He stared at me, even with my sunglasses on. he didn't knock me down, or make any threats. This time, he bore a smile on his flickering face. He moved his head to one side, meaning for me to follow him. I don't know why, but I did.

I followed him a little passed the school, into a large encirclement of trees in the forest. Sunlight flickered through openings in the trees, casting sort of a realness to the boy. Here, his body didn't flicker out of view. His clothes were no longer tattered. He might as well have been real.

"So alone." He said sadly, eyes watering lightly.

"How are you alone? You're not alone." I tried to explain. What did he mean?

"How could they do this?" He shook his head.

"Who? Do what?"

"You'll find the answers in the creek." He looked sadly at the creek near by, his face morbid. He started trembling, his image flickering in and out again. "Please, find the answers."

"What?"

"Find the answers!" He screamed at me, pointing at the the creek. The wind started to pick up. Almost to a point where I was losing balance.

"Alright, alright!" Then, in another gust of wind, he disappeared, leaving me alone in the encirclement. I decided to keep my promise to that boy, it seemed like the right thing to do. I waded into the creek. It was almost wait deep. And it was fucking cold. But, I kept moving through it.

I kept walking through for what seemed to be an hour or two, and came to a large opening in the creek. It had large stone walls and a metal grate that drained the water. Is this where he wanted me to go? I mean, this was the end of the creek and all I "found" was that the water was cold.

I was about ready to give up and turn around when I saw it. A pile of rocks in the corner. Piled higher than the stone walls. But I saw it -barely- but I saw it. At the very bottom was something sticking up slightly- a finger.

I ran over there quickly as I could, throwing the rocks off the top of the pile, but most of them were to large and to heavy for me to lift. So, I dived under the water, moving some of the weaker rocks from the water. That's when I saw the whole hand. I kept moving the rocks, coming up for air, every so often for air. In a good twenty minutes, I had the whole arm. I gave it one hard tug, and the rest of the body came free. after coming up for air, I pulled the body to shore and looked it over.

"It's me," said the ghost boy. I whirled around to see the same face, but in a ghostly form. Well, not so ghostly anymore. Almost solid. I guess it was because he was so close to his body. "That's me, Daniel Tarus. The police never found my body."

"Who did this?" I asked, trying to stay calm. It was nearly impossible when your talking to a ghost and leaning over his dead body.

"His name is Johnathan Karlis. He killed me." He vanished again.

Without thinking, I pulled out my cell phone(surprisingly, It hadn't gotten wet) and dialed the only number I could think of.

"9-1-1, what's your emergency?"
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this chapters not so long, but I wanted to show that Addison is now diving into the world of the dead, trying to help now. Please comment. I love all my readers!