Let Them Speak

Chapter 23 - Addison

Monday rolled around I wasn't to pleased. I understood that Darryn was with Lacey and that he had his sexuality to protect. It totally sucked, but I knew he was right. I didn't exactly ignore him in first and second hour, but I wouldn't call it 'not ignoring him.'

I was glad when lunch rolled around. Haven was at school, as far as I knew, the whole Bridgette incident was all cleared up. She stood next to me in the lunch line, her iPod headphones in her ears and was half dancing. What I kind of like about lunch was that all high school students had lunch at the same time. Which meant I got to watch Darryn with Lacey. But, as far as I could tell, it was only Darryn. That was until Lacey pushed me aside and stepped in front of me in the lunch line.

"Excuse me!" She called sarcastically. Anger and jealousy rose into my throat. I know it was just a push, but it set me off.

"No problem, bitch." I called back to her. She and her junior friends turned around to face me. It was a slow, deadly turn. The one that made kids freeze in terror, the ones you saw in the movies. Well, this wasn't a movie, and she was taking away the one person I think I was capable of loving.

"What'd you just call me, fag?" She laughed, but I didn't. Haven had noticed her now and had taken out her earphones, just in time to hear Lacey say that. Being the great friend and big sister figure that she was, she stepped in.

"Woah, no need to call names you pretentious whore." Haven scoffed and this time we both laughed. "He just doesn't like to be pushed."

"Did you guys just hear that?" Lacey looked at her friends, a smirk on her lips. "I think the emo freak was talking to me."

"Better to be an emo freak than slut." I said, a smirk raising on my lips.

"I am not a slut, you homo!" She stepped toward me.

"You kind of are, Lacey. Isn't it true that you've had a pregnancy scare?" Another smile rose to my lips. Sometimes it was good to see the dead. They kept me filled in on the rumors.

"How did- No! Why don't you just leave me alone. I want you to leave my boyfriend alone, too. He talks about you, Addii, a lot more than I'd like."

"It's not my fault if-"

"Just don't hit on my boyfriend anymore, you homo."

"Dude, just leave him alone." Haven was getting annoyed. I wanted to cry. But, I haad to be strong. She couldn't just call me names, push me aside, and keep Darryn to herself. I had to finish this.

"I will not leave him alone." She turned to me. "You better leave Darryn alone or-"

"He doesn't want you." I muttered.

"What?"

"I said: He doesn't want you."

"Of course he does, he my boyfriend." She sounded confident. I should've left it where it was, but I couldn't. I've gone this far. But, I still shouldn't of said what I said next.

"He told me all about it. He doesn't love you, Lacey. It's all an act." The words like venom on my tounge. I felt awful, but at the same time, wonderful. Lacey had faltered, her eyes were watering. She was trying so hard not to cry, shaking her head in disbeleif.

"It's not true, It can't be." She was trying to deny it, but it was obvious she knew it was. That's when I couldn't handle the staring. The whole lunch room had quieted down and were all staring at us. Again, I did all I was good at. I ran.

I don't know why, but I ran to that abandoned bathroom. The one where I'd first met Chris and Karen. They were Blessed now, though. A soft smile came to my lips at the thought. I looked in the mirror. Sunglasses on, neon green contacts, big baggy sweatshirt. I was just a ghost seeing freak.

"She was in on it too, you know."

I turned to find Daniel Tarus. His image was flickering everywhere. Obviously mad.

"What are you talking about?"

"She was in on the murder. My murder."

"What?"

That's when he took my hand and my vision was altered, to find the school approximently three two years ago. That's when I saw Lacey with some boy I'd never met.

"Who's that with Lacey?" I asked. This was creepy. We were in the school. But, not. It was wavering image around us and none of the people could se eus.

"That is Johnathan Karlis. They were dating back in the ninth grade. A good couple. But Johnathan had a thing for torturing me..." The vision turned to the encircling in the creek, the one where I'd found Daniel's body.

Johnathan was leaning over Daniel's body, a knife in hand. His shirt was stained with blood. Daniel's body was limp and his life was fading. Lacey was in the back ground screaming.

"What did you do?" She was screaming. I wouldn't call this involved like Daniel did, but it was still shocking. "What did you do?!?!"

"I killed him, and if you don't shut your mouth, I'mma slit your throat." Johnathan held his mouth to Lacey, and she shut her mouth. "I know where to hide this knife. They'll never find it. We'll never get caught."

"Oh, yeah? Where's that?" Her sobbing had stopped, but she'd grown angry.

"In that old theater. The abandoned one. Under the stage."

Then, the vision ended and I was back in the bathroom with Daniel.

"Why did you show me that?" I asked. I get why he wanted to show Lacey and his murder, but was there anything important in there.

"To show where the knife is- the one that bust Johnathan. Please, you have to find it." Fear spiked through me, but I decided that I would have to. Maybe then Daniel would be Blessed and he'd be free from this pain. So, I agreed.

"Yeah. I'll find it."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for readin, hope you enjoy.