Let Them Speak

Chapter 37 - Addison

I woke up about 10 in the morning. I felt groggy, but happy. But something struck me as wrong. Haven wasn't by my side. Neither was Darryn. I felt a panic attack coming on. I was alone. They left me. But, then, rational thinking back came to me. They were probably downstairs.

And, I was right, or at least, half right. Darryn sat on the couch with the TV on. He was watching a movie I hadn't seen. It didn't matter. The volume was low and he seemed to not even be watching it. I was hoping to surprise him, but he must of felt me before I was near. Now I knew why Haven got mad when I did it to her.

"Hey." He said, turning around with a smile. I smiled back. Suddenly, I got worried. I wasn't like I normally was. All I was wearing was my red plaid pajama pants and a black tank top. No straightened hair, not glasses or contacts.

"Hey... Where's Haven?"

"She went home. Said she wanted to spend sometime with her family." I nodded. I came over to the couch and smiled. Darryn was about to get up, but I straddled him, taking each of his cheeks in my hand and bringing him into a kiss- a passionate, sexy, thrilling kiss. "Whoa."

"Whoa, indeed." I didn't give him time to answer because I brought him into another kiss, one that he took control of. Darryn shifted, turning so I was laying on the couch and Darryn was on top of me. He kissed me with a hunger, sliding his tongue in and out of my mouth.

I moaned and found myself undoing the belt on his jeans. He did not object, but instead, he pulled off his shirt and threw it to the ground. He moaned into my mouth with this sexy gleam in his eye. That's when I felt an erection forming. Of course, Darryn felt it and smirked. He bit my neck softly and then proceeded to slip my tank top off. That's when the doorknob jiggled. I quickly pulled my shirt on and Darryn did the same, heading to the other side of the couch. I shifted my legs, so no one could notice what was happening in my pants.

"Hello?" Danni asked as she and Aunt Harmony entered the house. She saw us and smiled. "Hey."

"Who's that?" Aunt Harmony asked with a warm smile.

"Um, that's Darryn. We had a paper due, so he came over last night to work on it."

"Oh, well, if you guys want some food, just tell me." Aunt Harmony smiled once more and then exited the room. Danni stayed however.

"Oh, I think Addii already ate..." Danni snickered at her self as she stared at Darryn's....Darryn's undone belt! I felt embarrassed. She'd known the entire time.

"Danni-"

"It's fine, I won't say anything. Promise." I nodded.

* * * * * *


A few hours later, I called Haven.

"Hey, Haven."

"Hey." She was in tears, I could tell.

"You okay?" She nodded, but knowing I couldn't hear(though I knew she did), she answered with a yes. "You're sure?"

"Yeah. I just need time to think..."

"Listen, Haven, Darryn and I are going to hang out today, get some ice cream and stuff. You're welcome to join if you want."

"Okay..." She paused, but before I could answer, she spoke again. "Addison.... I love you. I want you to know that."

"I love you too, Haven." I smiled. "I'll see you later." With a sniffle, she answered.

"Maybe. Goodbye." With that, I hung up and looked over at Darryn. He grinned. I'd gotten dressed since our little morning make out session. I now wore white skinny jeans, white v-neck, and my Batman shoes. My hair was straightened, I wore bright pink contacts, but today, I ditched my glasses.

"Ready?" Darryn got his feet as I nodded and we headed out of the house. We went to the nearest ice cream shop which wasn't to far away. There, we were met by Haven. She smiled at us, but Darryn seemed to be ignoring her. Oh, well.

"Hey."

"Hey." She smiled back.

"C'mon, let's go in." Darryn said, squeezing my hand. I opened the door and the three of us stepped inside carefully. We walked to the clerk, ordered, than sat down at a table in the back of the shop.

"This is good ice cream." I commented, eating a spoonful of Cookies 'N' Cream ice cream. Darryn and Haven nodded in agreement.

"So good." Darryn smiled.

"I agree!" Haven piped up. I liked having my two favorite people together. My life might not be so bad after all. Best friend and beautiful boyfriend. Who could ask for more?

"So, how was your day?" I asked Haven.

"Good." Her and Darryn said in unison. I looked between the two, totally creeped out. This was like the second time we'd done that. The date ended about an hour later. We were on our way back home when I spoke to Haven again.

"So, you are okay, right?"

"Yeah. Why do you ask?" I turned to Darryn, who'd answered.

"I wasn't asking you. I was asking Haven." I turned to Haven and she gave me a look that totally meant: what's his deal? But, then, as soon as he answered, the whole world slowed around me.

"Addii, Haven's not here." I turned to Haven. She looked beautiful today. Her long hair was flowing. Her graphic tee was a light gray and she wore the same white skinny. Her flawless pale skin made her shine in the sun. That's when her image flickered.

"Oh, shit." I muttered, tearing forming in my eyes. My stomach got queasy and my legs gave out. I fell to the pavement, curling into a ball. I was screaming and crying, so I guess that attracted the attention of a few people- and the Shadows. They wrapped around me and it was getting harder to breathe. I didn't care. Haven was dead, I realized. Now, I didn't care if I died. I would let the shadows take me....
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you guys liked this chapter! Poor Haven :( But, this is where the action part of the story will start. New characters will come into their lives. Friends will betray these two boys. And their faith in each other will be tested. Please comment!
<3