Let Them Speak

Chapter 40 - Darryn

My hear just about stopped in my chest, but I couldn’t leave Addison here all alone, so I restarted the pumping organ and let the smile slid onto my lips.

I attacked him.

I knotted my hands in his hair and pulled him forward so my lips could do that talking.

“I love you too,” I said between kisses. This was terrible of me, to kiss him and try to help, even though he didn’t want it and he was trying to grieve. But we all need something to keep our minds off the dead.

I pulled away from him before we could get into anything and cupped his face with my hands. I smiled weakly.

“I guess I really do, Addii. I’m here and I’m not going anywhere,” I said and kissed the tip of his nose. He closed his eyes and tears flowed from the corners. I wiped them away with the pads of my thumbs. He opened them to look at me.

“Haven said she was going with the shadows,” Addison whispered. I settled into a sitting position beside him, he laid his head on my legs and I ran my hand through his hair. Soft, air-light hair that I loved.

“I don’t think she will,” I whispered and Addison laughed, it was a cold sound.

“She will Darryn. She always did what she wanted,” he said and closed his eyes again, those tears were welling up again.

“I went and talked to Bridgette and her mother. I told them about Haven, and how it would probably be in the news tomorrow. And Lacey is still going through with beating on Bridgette, as long as Haven doesn’t interfere.” I told him and he looked at me again, those eyes were glassy and miserable.

“She’ll do whatever she wants Darryn. And now that she’s dead-” his voice cracked and for a moment, I didn’t think he would continue with what he was saying. “Now that she’s dead, she dosen’t have regular limitations. She can do whatever she wants without limits.” I nodded. Then reached down and gripped his hands and pulled them to my face. I looked over the pale surface.

“She might’ve just felt lost, I had taken you away from her and since,” I trailed off. I had taken him away from his best friend, spent more time with him then her, even though she had known him longer. She couldn’t talk to him anymore, he was always with me.

I flinched as Addison moved, pulling his hands back down, bringing me with them. He kissed my lips gently, it was a weirdly arousing kiss, like the one in that spider man movie, one of us upside-down, the other the opposite way.

“Don’t try and blame yourself Darryn,” he whispered gently. I nodded and folded myself down so I was cradling his head in my lap and my forehead was against his. It would’ve been painful had I not of been a little flexible.

“I’ll try not to. We both knew her Addison, we’ll both go through a little grieving,” I told him calmly. I wasn’t going to start bawling or anything, I doubted I’d even cry, I wasn’t that close to her, I only talked to her twice or so. But my mind would be cruel and come up with reasons to torture me.

I sighed and nuzzled his neck.

“I’m sorry,” I whispered.

And I meant it. No one should go through losing a friend, espesically someone who’s already lost their parents.

I almost started to laugh at how alike Addison and I were, except I still had my dad.

“Are you ready to go home yet Addison?” I asked him. He shook his head no and with that action, I shivered as his hair brushed my flesh.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short, but I'm a little under the weather and not really in the mood for writing....which is kinda hard to do
Kay well bye. Thanks for reading.