Let Them Speak

Chapter 56 - Darryn

I drove just as Addison instructed. I turned left and kept driving.

“Darryn, there’s something else you should know,” Addison mumbled, it didn’t sound like he wanted to tell me whatever he had to tell me. I swallowed the lump in my throat but didn’t turn to look at Addison, I kept my eyes on the road, which was turning into more gravel then pavement. I hissed when the car jerked side to side.

“Do I want to know?” I asked tentatively. Addison fiddled with the controls for the radio and everything else you could control on the dashboard.

“No.” He replied curtly. I frowned and tensed in my seat. I could see a figure coming up, the area had been covered in a false fog I assumed.

“Jenna killed 3 people. Daniel, a girl named Jessica, and-” he choked on the last name. My stomach rolled and I stopped the car, the headlights outlined the girl, Jenna. I had seen her once before, in town with Addison that one day.

Before Addison could get the name out, I got out and walked around to open Addison’s door. Jenna was grinning, an evil flaw in her near-perfect appearance.

“Darryn, she set that hotel on fire. She killed Karen, Karen could see ghosts,” Addison told me and I froze. The world stopped spinning, my heart halted and my skin grew extremely cold. I fisted my hands and red blots splattered against my vision.

“She killed-”

“She killed Karen, Darryn. I didn’t want to tell you, but I thought you should know,” he whispered. I shook my head.

“Thank you Addison,” I whispered and started to walk across the area toward Jenna, Addison close behind.

“You must be Darryn,” Jenna crowed, her figure was swirling and I tried to blink it away, but it didn’t go away. It was as if she was surrounded in liquid glass.

“And you’re Jenna, the one who wanted to kill Addison and that killed Karen, my little sister.” I sneered and I just wanted to pound her face in, but the fact that she’s a girl was still holding me back. Jenna smirked.

“And Karen helped me, you should know that when she died, her soul tried to fight against mine. But she was too weak to escape, just like Addison and just like you,” she said and I lost my cool.

Despite Addison’s protests and frantic gropes for my body, I rushed forward and punched Jenna in the face. She reeled back with giggles, then I was throw backwards. I gasped and the air left my lungs as my back hit the ground, it felt as if I was being held down.

“Addi-” I cried out and hissed in pain.

“Jenna, get the shadows off of him, he’s not a part of this fight,” Addison said, I guessed he was trying to sound brave, but he sounded panicked.

“This fight is between me and you, Addison. And Darryn, he’s just a distraction for you,” Jenna said sweetly, poison dripped from her words and I screamed in pain as the invisible bonds on my legs, arms and torso pressed down, I could feel my bones creaking with the effort to not break.

“You had better not kill him,” Addison shouted.

The last thing I saw before blacking out from the pain was simple: Addison and Jenna were in a stand off and Addison looked as if he was surrounded by liquid glass too. But his glowed.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short, yes I know. But this part in the story is mostly for Addison, so Darryn is pretty useless....
XD
Hope you like it, IT'S ALMOST DONE