Let Them Speak

Chapter 58 - Darryn

This was the end. It was all done. Jenna was gone, all was well and everyone was alive, except for Jenna. She had been sent to the lowest pit of hell, from what I could understand. She had basically become someone’s bitch.

And we were fine too, Addison was healthy and glowing.

He had been glowing when he had first woken up again, where I assumed the angels had touched him, but it had spread to the rest of his body.

It was hard to explain, it was as if he had a candle inside his body, and it was shining through his paper-thin skin. It looked dazzling.

I smiled over at Addison, sitting beside me on the couch in front of my father, his hand clasped in my lap. My father looked paler then usual.

“Addison can see ghosts, so could Karen. I can...feel what others feel and manipulate it. And in the past few weeks, we’ve gotten close because of these abilities. Chris was the only one who knew about my abilities, dad, I felt her die. I don’t even know how we can sum everything up, everything that has happened in the past few weeks, it’s really hard to even explain to ourselves.” I trailed off and he nodded.

“So, you can feel what I feel?” He asked me and I nodded.

“Nervous, uncomfortable and little frightened, but you love me,” I said and he paled even more.

“And you, you can see ghosts?” He asked Addison, who also nodded. My breath caught in my throat when I looked at him, I don’t think I would ever get used to that light. Was I the only who saw it, since he had brought me back from near-death? I don’t think my father could see it.

“I Blessed Karen and Chris. I also Blessed Haven, a friend of mine, and Daniel, a boy from school.” He told my father and he nodded.

“And being Blessed is...”

“Being sent to Heaven, or where ever the good people go. And being Damned is being sent to where bad people go.” Addison explained. The air in this room was getting easier to breath, it wasn’t as strained as before.

“And this Jenna girl you spoke of before...”

“She was Damned. She gained her powers from Reaping, killing living things and taking their...essence.” Addison tries to explain.

My father nods, trying to drink in this new information on a world he didn’t even know existed. I smiled and reached over to pat his hand. He stared at the place I had touched, as if it would combust.

“Thank you boys,” he says with an almost-smile, at least he’s trying.

“You’re welcome dad,” I say and get to my feet, Addison and my father follow suit.

“We have to go see Lacey, it was nice talking to you,” I mumbled and there was that awkward minute that we didn’t know what to do, where we were going.

“Darryn, you can come home,” my father whispered, but I knew he just felt bad and confused. He hadn’t accepted anything yet, I’d wait until then.

“No that’s alright. I’ll stay with Lacey.” I feel as if she's going to be more comfortable with all this information then you. I didn’t voice that thought, but I felt like I should have. But I kept my lips clamped shut.

“Darryn-”

“No dad, it’s alright. We’ll talk later, okay?” I said and hugged him. He hugged back and then Addison and I were leaving the house.

It felt as if a weight had been lifted from my shoulders, only then did I notice that I was still clenching Addison’s hand. I loosened my grip, but he didn’t let go.

“I love you,” I whispered and Addison looked up at me, he was grinning. The sun danced with the light in his skin and I felt complete.

“I love you too Darryn.” He whispered and I smirked and, with my free hand, slapped his ass. He squealed and a blush coated his neck, ears, and cheeks.

“What was that for?” He exclaimed and I chuckled and kissed his cheek.

“The smack was for nearly getting yourself killed, the kiss was for not dying, and the rest is because I love you.” I said and opened the door to the car for him. My father had decided to just give me the car, considering he was going to buy me one anyway.

I smiled at the scene, it was close to 6, so the sun was setting, Addison was glowing and things were good. This was the end. If I died right now, I could be content, just to know that I had Addison.

I started the car and we drove to Lacey’s, told her the same as we told my father and I had been right, she did understand more then he had.

But we didn’t stay there.

We got back into the car and as the sun was setting, I kissed Addison and smiled against his lips. We pulled away at the same time. I felt old.

“So, where are we going now, Addi?” I asked. He smiled and placed his hand in my waiting one.

“Anywhere.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, I'm sorry to say, this is the end of Let Them Speak.
I hope you enjoyed the story and you follow us through the other stories we'll be writing together. :) Which includes Razorblades. And we'll probably write more together, other then that one...but I will warn you that Razorblades and Bandaids has a lot more sexual content then this story XD So be warned.
Well, it's been amazing but this is farewell :)