Vampires Will Never Hurt You...Much

Chapter Six

wiL Francis

"I think I should go too, wiL!" I stared at my newly turned band mate, Nick.

I shook my head, he was not ready. I had chosen to take his girlfriend to the awards ceremony. And as I watched her powder her blue tone skin in her scantily clad excuse for a dress, I was delighted that tonight would be the last we saw of her.

She was a mistake that needed correcting. I intended to do just that. I never meant for her to be around this long anyway, she was just holding us all back. Back from achieving my vision.

Away from all the clamor, alone in my room, I took the stake that was stored under my bed and placed it in the waist of my pants, under my shirt. It was time.

"Come now Michaela," I said pulling my jacket on, grabbing my overcoat from the hook next to the door.

We got into the limousine that was waiting outside.

"I'm so glad that you let me come with you wiL." Her sugared tone making my empty stomach turn.

The driver and I exchanged looks through the rearview mirror; I had spoken with him earlier.
After driving for about ten minutes, the driver pulled to the side of the road.

"What's going on?" Michaela turned to me.

"Well, Michaela I have no intention of going anywhere with you, not now or anytime in the future, your free ride ends right here."

Her dumb eyes blinked dully at me. It was almost as if I never spoke at all. I rolled my eyes and spelled it out for her.

"I'm going to kill you, Michaela."

She giggled slightly, thinking I was joking. "But I'm already dead,"

I smiled dryly. "Yes I suppose you are…"

I pulled the stake I was concealing and drove it right through her heart. The dust of her ashes filled the inside of the limousine, her body had completely disintegrated. I brushed off my shoulders.

"Do you want a mirror sir?" The driver asked.

I nodded. He handed me the silver plated mirror.
The face that looked back at me was white; the makeup caked under the eyes was still perfect in pink and black. I smoothed out my hair. I looked exactly as I should. Flawlessly undead.

"Drive on, driver."

The car pulled up at the awards ceremony just a bit late, as anticipated. The door was opened to the red carpet. I stepped out into a crowd of flashing cameras. I did not stop to pose. I had a reputation to build. I was joined by my band's manager at the entrance of the hall.

"Hello there, wiL." He smiled.

I nodded in agreement.

"Let's go sit, I'll show you where," He said, I followed.

The night pressed on slowly, I was growing tired and hungry. I excused myself to go to the bathroom. Nobody noticed me weaving my way through the big celebrities.

I pushed open the bathroom door. The bathroom was empty for just a second before the door swung open again. I looked up from the basin, it was someone I recognized. Someone who I recognized a little too well. Gerard Way.

"Oh hey," He said heading into the stall.

I decided to wait. He came out and our eyes met, just for a split second. I saw the red. His pupils were the color of blood. Undead. Vampire. He seemed to have reached the same conclusion as me. I smelt his fear.

This was definitely an unexpected turn of events.
The media was queuing us up to be rivals, but we had never actually met. I always looked up to him.
I mean it was hard not to. As well as the obvious leader of this genre, Gerard had this remarkable ability to get these kids to believe in everything he stood for.

His music had real quality in it. His music brought hope and restored their will to live. How ironic, he reinstates their will to live yet in himself is actually dead… I wondered silently what would happen to all those suicidal kids if they knew he was actually a hypocrite…

And here we are, meeting in a bathroom of an awards show. I didn’t know he was a vampire before this… But it was obvious to me now; I wonder how I missed it before? I couldn’t have, he was scared of me, he must have been turned recently. But by who?

"You're scared?" I asked.

Gerard shifted on his weight. "I don’t even know who you are, why the hell would I be scared of you?" He was trying to act tough.

I moved behind him as he went to wash his hands. I bared my teeth at him as I leaned over to turn the hot water tap on for him.

"Getting goose bumps over a stronger vampire will get you killed, and it doesn’t matter how famous you are in the human world."

"Who the hell are you? How did you know I was a…?"

I smiled. "It doesn’t matter who I am, and we can all tell who is turned and who is not in this…. my eyes, they're red are they not? Look into any turned, their eyes, as red as the blood they crave, I didn’t know you were one of us, Gerard until I looked into those pretty eyes of yours, that is." I waked out of the bathroom feeling empowered, stronger.

I found my way back to my table as quickly as possible. I didn’t want him to follow me out. I couldn’t even see where his band were sitting from where I was, probably somewhere up the front.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for your comments ^_^
Comments = Next Chapter