Saving Viola

Substance Abuse

Viola's P.O.V.
My father stared at me, it was a cold emotionless stare. He reminded me of a shark that had scented blood and was closing in for the kill.
He got up suddenly, I flinched slightly.
"I'm going to go find a doctor, we need to get you out of here as soon as possible!" He told me as he headed towards the door.
I sighed and sank into my pillows, I didn't like it here but it was better than 'home'.
He was almost at the door when it swung open and a doctor walked in.
"Just the sort of person I was looking for!" My father exclaimed.
"Sorry sir but I need to talk to Ms. Evans alone," the doctor said, brushing him off.
Rage flashed in my fathers eyes but he had it under control quickly. I watched the doctor carefully, had he noticed?
"Of course, I'll go get a coffee." My father said shortly, and strode out of the room, flashing me a threatening look as he left.
I relaxed slightly, but my guard was still up.
"Hello Viola, I'm Dr. Lewer!" He smiled as he said this to me.
"Uhm, hi," I replied, smiling awkwardly.
"Viola I'm here to discuss substance abuse with you," his expression was serious now.
Damn, this guy didn't beat around the bush, best play it dumb for now...
"Substance... Abuse..?" I replied, looking at him innocently.
"Drugs." He stated, looking me straight in the eye.
"I don't take drugs...." I replied, fiddling with my sheets.
"We found cocaine in your bloodstream while we were testing for any infections," he countered, watching me closely.
Fuck. Should I tell him about my dad? No! He'd kill me! But if I didn't....
A tear slid down my cheek.
"You don't need to worry, there are support groups here at the hospital and elsewhere if you'd prefer, we'll let your dad know too so you can get lots of support and love at home.." He babbled quickly, unnerved by my tears.
I took a deep, calming breath.
"Let me rephrase that," I began "I don't take drugs of my own accord..."

Fletcher's P.O.V.
I stared at the glow in the dark stars on my ceiling. Sighing, I turned round and looked at the clock, 3:27am. Is it even worth going to school in the morning? I closed my eyes, trying to sleep. No luck, of course. I couldn't get Viola out of my head. Questions, questions, questions all running round and round in my head... Why... How... WHY?! Then my mum entered my thoughts and the tears began. I punched the pillows, angry at myself... 11 years and I still cried for her. She didn't deserve it. I was weak. I sobbed and sobbed until exhaustion overcame me and I fell asleep....
♠ ♠ ♠
Hopefully makes up for the last chapter :L.
Comment please? 3: