Status: I will start updating again in June.

The Crazy Things I Wish I Would Do

Bertucci's

My “Fiancée” and I walked into Bertucci's while our “Mudda” was parking the car. She and I were quietly talking. We were discussing about a plan we had. That when they ask us how many people were going to be eating with us, one of us should respond “Three, we are just waiting for our “Mudda” to park the car.” When Ashlea, my fiancée, said she wouldn’t do it I said I would.

There were two teen girls at the podium, and as we expected they would look at us weird. My Fiancée and I are 14 and we walked into a Bertucci's dressed fairly nice. She was wearing a skirt and fairly nice blouse. I was wearing very nice designer jeans that were ironed perfectly and a fairly nice v-neck sweater. Overall we were dressed perfectly for the occasion. One of the waitresses asked “Table for two?” I responded “No, three my mother is parking the car.”

I had failed, if only I said “No, three, we are just waiting for our “Mudda” to park the car.” That would have been amazing. Amazing. But I had had the confidence in me that day. At the mall I was outgoing and confident enough to say weird funny things to workers. This day I was the perfect mix of outgoing, funny, confident, and the smallest amount of cockiness and obnoxiousness to make it humorous and let them know I was joking. I hadn’t offended anyone or annoyed them, to my knowledge.

But this story isn’t about how I succeed it is about how I fail, in a way. It’s about how I wish I would do crazy things.

My fiancée and I were escorted to our table for three, and we sat next to each other. Our waiter came to the table and asked what we would like to drink. Ashlea ordered, and then I ordered for myself and my mother. She ordered root beer, I ordered water and coffee. But I did not specify who the coffee was for. My mother walked to our table and sat down facing us. Once again Ashlea and I were quietly discussing a plan to make this more interesting. We assumed that he would assume the coffee was my mother’s. We planned for when he was putting the cup down toward my “Mudda”, I would say “Uhm excuse me, that is my coffee.” with a serious face. Of course after we would admit we were just joshing around with him. Soon after our waiter, Dan was coming towards the table and I bailed. I couldn’t say it.

Later on we joked around with the staff and we ended up having a very comical conversation with Dan.