We're Going Down, Down in an Earlier Square?

021

.:Pete's P.O.V:.
Samantha and Billie were off somewhere training, and I was left all alone in a house with people I don't want to be with right now, and a bag of homework.

"God! Why do they always pile up the homework on the weekends!" I cried frustrated.

"So you don't get into any trouble." answered Billie from behind me. Turning around, I saw him holding Samantha bridal style; she looked almost dead. Her head fell back, her eyes were closed, her hand stuck out limp to the side, her legs were down as far as they could go, and she wasn't moving at all.

"What happened?"

"It's okay," said Billie, "We just had a rougher practice that's all." I nodded to show that I understood, "When she wakes up, make sure she eats a big meal. If she doesn't feel like eating, make her anyway. If she refuses, call me."

"Billie, why does this always happen to her? This is the third night this week she's come home unconscious."

"We just practice too hard."

"But, you're able to read magical power levels. Why don't you stop?"

"She won't let me."

"What?"

"She wants to learn. Her power usually weakens around the third try. She just pushes herself. It's a good thing, but it always leads to this."

"Will it wear off?"

"In time. When she becomes accustom to using her power." I nodded again, "Remember... big meal."

"Yes sir."

"Don't call me sir." he snapped. I jumped back almost afraid.

"Yes Billie." Billie turned and left the room. I sat next to Samantha, forgetting my homework.

.:Billie's P.O.V:.
Closing the front door to the unnamed house, I made my way back to my own house. Mike and Tre would be out and eating, so I would have the place to myself.

Entering the building, I let myself in, and flopped down on my bed.

"What the hell is wrong with me?" I asked out loud to myself, "Falling in love with my own student? Do I really miss Adie that much?" turning on my side, I saw a picture of just Joey and Jakob. A tear escaped my eye, and it fell into my pillow.

"What's up Billie?" came a voice from the door.

"Nothin' Mike." I answered.

"What's wrong?" Mikey asked, sounding a little annoyied.

"What do you think they look like?" I asked, still looking at the picture of my two beautiful boys.

"Who?"

"Joey and Jakob."

"Oh... I don't know Billie."

"She didn't even give me a chance to explain myself." I rolled onto my back, Mike closed the door, and sat on the bed next to me.

"Do you need someone to talk to?"

"Yes."

"Fire."

"I'm falling in love with my student."

"WHAT!"

"Samantha.... She looks so much like Adie... she acts so much like Adie.... She reminds me of Adie. I feel like I'm falling in love with someone who's impersonating Adrianne."

"Billie, you can't fall in love with her."

"I know, it's just.... I can't help it. I tried to tell her that I couldn't coach her anymore, but she didn't care. Mike.... what the hell am I going to do?"

"I don't know man.... I really don't know." I sighed, "Is that all?"

"No...."

"What else?"

"I can't take it. I need to see my sons."

"You don't know where she is Billie. It would be like finding a needle in a haystack."

"I know... but I've got to try.... Mike.... they're my kids too. You still get to see Estell right?"

"Every chance I get."

"Tre still sees "Little Frank" and Romona."

"That he does."

"You all get to see your kids, and mine are being hidden from me by my ex."

"I'm sorry Billie."

"Mike?"

"Yes."

"Could you and Tre help me?"

"What?"

"Help me find Adrianne?"

"Why?"

"I need to tell her the truth, and to see my kids."

"I'll help you Billie."

"Thank you Mike."

"No problem."

"But what am I going to do about Samantha?"

"Keep teaching her, and try not to fall for her."

"Right... like that's possible." Mike patted my shoulder, and left the room. Rolling over onto my stomach, I fell asleep.