We're Going Down, Down in an Earlier Square?

025

.:Normal P.O.V:.
I fell on the floor, sobs shaking my every limb and part of my body. My head was buried in my hands.

"Samantha?" someone called from the room. Someone came to my side, knelt down next to me, and wrapped his arm around my back. I retreated into the body of the person, and cried as he swayed from left to right. I knew then that it was Joe.

"I didn't do it." I chocked, as I latched onto him.

"You didn't do what?" he asked, stroking my hair, holding me close.

"I didn't cheat." I said. I shuddered as a sob was caught in my throat.

"Why was he yelling at you?"

"He accused me of cheating." I let another sob escaped me, as I started crying again.

"Why?"

"I don't know."

"What happened?"

"He just came in, holding a piece of paper, and accused me of cheating." Joe held me closer to him, trying to make things better I guess.

"What did you do?"

"I tried to explain what really happened, but I guess he didn't believe me."

"Who did he say you were with?"

"Mike Dirnt."

"What?"

"Yes."

"Why him?"

"I don't know. I guess it's because he's been coming around her a lot lately."

"Why?"

"Well, Billie isn't doing to good, so Mike came to me to try to help him and Adrianne get back together. He came in, earlier today, and we just talked. That's all we did, I swear."

"What was on the paper?"

"I don't know." i sat up, and looked on the floor. At my feet, was a crumpled piece of paper. Picking it up, Joe took it from me, and flattened in against the floor.

Together, we stared at it, and I gasped.

The picture was taken about the time that Mike had whispered into my ear. The snapshot only showed our lower halves. Our faces, especially our mouths couldn't be seen. My shoulder and bra strap could be seen, and Mike's body looked like it was covering me. I could see why Pete got the wrong impression.

I started shaking, as more tears filled my eyes, and I collapsed into Joe again, crying heavily.

"I'm sorry." Joe said, rocking back and forth.

"It's not true."

"I know."

"I don't want Pete to leave."

"He'll still talk to you."

"How do you know that?"

"Because it's happened before." I pulled back from him, looking at him.

"What?"

"When Pete, Patrick, and I were in high school, Pete was dating a girl named Amanda, and she cheated on him. But at the time, they were over anyway, so it didn't really matter."

"But.... I didn't cheat."

"I know."

"Then why won't he let me tell him the truth?"

"Maybe because he thinks the truth will only hurt him more."

"I'll never hurt Pete. I can't stand the thought of that! Never! I just want Pete to be happy."

"I know." I latched onto Joe, and cried again.

"What am I going to do?" I asked, looking into Joe's eyes.

"I don't know."

"I can't just live knowing that Pete hates me."

"I know."

"What am I going to do?"

"Talk to him?"

"How? The guy won't let me go anywhere near him."

"Oh. I don't know." Joe looked at me, "Come on! My answers are supposed to make you laugh."

"No."

"What!"

"It just makes me think that you know to much." Joe smiled. My eyes filled with tears again, but I tried hard not to let them spill over onto my face again. I was getting tired of crying.

"We'll find a way to make things better again." Joe said.

"Yeah right." I mumbled.

"What are you doing this weekend?"

"Nothing, now."

"Would you like to go to the movies with me?" Joe looked at me, with hope in his eyes, "It'll help you feel better."

"Fine." Joe smiled, and picked me up. He placed me in my bed, and covered me up, "What the hell are you doing?"

"You look tired. Just go to bed.... Okay?"

"Sure." I closed my eyes, and fell asleep.

.:Pete's P.O.V:.
Patrick and Andy helped me from my car to the house. I was so upset over Samantha and Mike that I could barely walk. I stumbled over my feet when going up the stairs, and stumbled even more going up the flights of stairs to my room. Patrick and Andy thought that it might help me if I got sleep.

Entering the hallway, we saw Joe closing the door to my room. He turned, and jumped when he saw us. Silently, he opened the door, and let us enter. Samantha was asleep on her bed, and I was lead to mine. Joe pulled the covers away, and Patrick and Andy forced me down. The three of them covered me up, and I was left to fall asleep.

Turning onto my side, I saw Samantha, her face shown with the wet trails that her tears left behind. She looked pained in her sleep, and I wanted to go and comfort her, but the thought that she didn't love me anymore stabbed me like a knife through the heart. I tried to look away from her, but I still loved her.... I couldn't turn my back on her. I still cared for her. But why would she want Mike.

Finally managing to fall asleep, I drifted in and out of different dreams. All of them ended with Samantha dating, marrying, or loving Mike, and not me. No matter what I said, she still ended up with Mike Dirnt. Having these dreams, I realized that it would be impossible for me to end it with Samantha.

I continued to drift farther, and farther into sleep, still thinking about Samantha and Mike.... I tossed and turned, but finally managed to relax.