We're Going Down, Down in an Earlier Square?

027

.:Normal P.O.V:.
"There you go. Just sit down...." Tre lead me to the living room, and practically saved me down into an armchair, "I'm sorry for the way Billie acted. I sear it's not like him at all."

"It's okay...." I said.

"Really?"

"No.... Tre, what the hell is wrong with Billie?"

"He's in love with you."

"I figured that much out thank you."

"I think the fact that he was 'framed' could be the reason why he's like this. You do know the story of Billie and Adie right?" I nodded, "Well, I think that because he misses Adie so much, it might have driven him off of the edge. He must be at the point to were if he spends a large amount of time with someone, they'll start reminding him of his ex-wife."

"So, I'm the reason he's like this?"

"No. Adrianne is."

"Oh."

"Well, actually, it's his fault, but you know all about that."

"Yes, that is true. But you were there to stop him, and you didn't. So really it should be your fault right?"

"How about this one.... It's everyone's fault."

"That's works." Tre got up, and went to the kitchen to make coffee, when Billie entered the room. He sat in a chair across from me, and looked at me with frightened eyes.

"Samantha...."

"Billie."

"I'm sorry."

"I know."

"I just... miss Adie so much, that I was seeing her in every feature you posses. Your smile, your hair style, our figure, your laugh, your speech, even in your sent. I don't know how, but you are almost like a living clone of Adrianne.... Just with a different eye color, and hair color, and skin tone." I smiled a bit, "So you see how easy it was to actually start to believe that you thought like her too? To think that if I made the right moves on you that you would fall in love with me, and my craving for Adrianne would be over? Sam.... I miss Adie.... And I think I'm falling for you every minute I'm with you and not with her. I have no control over my emotions anymore. I have no clue what to do!"

"It's okay Billie.... Really it is." I placed my hand in his, and smiled.

"Here we are!" called someone from the door, "Home sweet home." it sounded like Mike, "Here's the living room." Mike entered the room, carrying luggage, and followed my two young boys, and a young woman.

"What the-" Mike looked at us, and instantly, we dropped hands.

"Just having a teacher/student moment." Billie said with a smile.

"Nothing mushy." I agreed. Mike smiled.

"Samantha, Billie, Tre," who had entered the room after the young woman, "I would like you to meet Adrianne, and her sons Joseph, and Jakob." the sound of a sharp intake of breath was heard from Billie, as he was introduced to his family.... His... other family.... His ex-family.

"Nice to meet you." I said, standing up and shaking hands with Adrianne.

"You don't have a house that you live in on campus?" she asked a look of sorrow held in her eyes. I was speechless, so I turned to Mike. He nodded.

"No enough room in the houses. It's quite sad. She lives with us." he said. I caught on.

"Yeah. It's kind of unnerving to live with my teachers." I said with a laugh. Adie smiled. Billie was at my side, looked down at his shoes, almost as if he were shy.

"Hello Billie." Adrianne said, looking hard at her ex-husband.

"Hey." he looked up, and managed to smile.... Although it wasn't a very convincing one.

"Nice to see you again." she said. She held a smile on her face too, although it also looked forced.

"Yeah." Billie nodded.

"Joey, Jakob, you might not remember, but this is your father." Adrianne held onto the hands of her sons for dear life, almost as if she were afraid that Billie was going to steel them.

"I remember him." said Joesph, looking up at his father.

"Who is he again?" Jakob asked, he hid behind his mother's leg.

"Don't be afraid little man!" said Tre, "We're not going to hurt you."

"Yeah! I mean come on! Tre and I have known you ever since you two were born!" agreed Mike. Jakob blinked several times.

"I know." he said, "You visited last Christmas." Mike, and Tre winced, and looked at Billie, who was staring at them with hard set eyes, meant to kill, "It's just that, he wasn't there."

"Well, I would have been there, if I knew about it." Billie looked at Adie with frosty eyes.

"I would have told you if I knew you were with Mike and Tre."

"Like hell you would have." Billie spat.

"Are you saying that I'm lying?"

"Just like you said I was." Billie answered. Adie looked away.

"Well, at least I knew it was the truth."

"She was collecting a bet!" Billie said, almost yelling. Joey, and Jakob had backed into their mother, obviously frightened.

"Why should I believe you!" she demanded, "You've cheated on me three times before that!"

"I was drunk!" now he was yelled, his face contorted in pain, "I had not fucking control over my actions what so ever! And I told you that I wasn't about to do it for the fourth time!"

"I couldn't believe you! That's what you said after the first, second, and third time!"

"I lost a god damn bet!" Billie was shaking with either anger or frustration.

"Joey, Jakob... who wants to play video games!" Tre tried to sound excited. The two boys didn't say anything, they just followed him to another room, on a second floor.

"Adrianne," said Billie, trying to sound calm, "I love you. That's why I fucking married you. You are the most beautiful person I have ever seen. I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you, and I almost did. Please.... Believe me...." Adrianne, didn't look at Billie.

"Mike...," she said, "Can you please show me where we're staying?"

"sure." Mike sounded tired, but she managed to smile. He took one of the big bags, and lead Adrianne up the same flight of stairs that Tre had lead Joey and Jakob up earlier.

Billie sat back down, and buried his face him his hands.

"Billie?"

Squeezing in next to him, on the large armchair, I wrapped my arms around him, and pulled him into a tight hug. His shoulders heaved, and the sound of him crying silently came into the room. He retreated into my chest, and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"It's okay...." I said, and wished I hadn't. Nothing was okay. He heaved again, and I felt his tears soak through my shirt,causing it to stick to my chest.

Mike came back down, and stopped in the hallway. I begged him to come in with my eyes. He did, and he sat down in the chair that I was sitting in earlier.

"Are you okay?" Mike asked, looking at his band mate with concerned eyes. Billie sniffed, and pulled away.

"I don't think so." Billie wiped at his eyes, trying to dry the tears that were still there.

"Do you need anything?" I asked.

"Yeah, my wife." he said. Mike's face went gray, and mine turned from worried, to sorrow, to pain, and then back to sorrow.

"I'm sorry Billie." I said, placing a friendly kiss on his left temple.

"It's not your fault." he said, standing up, "I'm gonna go to bed."

"Billie.... It's only three in the afternoon." said Mike, "Don't you want to spend time with your kids?"

"Not when they're afraid of me." he said. Without saying anything more, he turned on his heel, and headed back to his room.