We're Going Down, Down in an Earlier Square?

034

.:Normal P.O.V:.

The day was perfect. Joe took me to the bay area, and we walked along the beach. We had fun looking in all of the pawn shops, or little suvioner stores on the strip. At lunch, we ate at a Burger King, which was okay. We ate dinner there at another fast food place, and had icecream.Finally, Joe told me he had one more place to go, before we left. Getting into the car, Joe drove off.

"Where are we going," I asked, looking around.

"You'll see."

"Ugh!"

"Here, put this on," he handed me a blindfold.

"What!"

"Please."

"But for heaven's sake why?"

"I want it to be a surprise." I smiled, and took the blindfold from him, and wrapped it tightly around my eyes.

"Okay.... I'm blinded."

"How many finger's am I holding up."

"Ummm.... Three?"

"Yes."

"Are you serious," I laughed.

"Yeah."

"Oh my God," I smiled.

"Okay.... how about now?"

"Two."

"Yup. Are you shure you tied that tight enough."

"Yes, I'm sure. I can't see anything."

"Okay. How about now?"

"That's not nice."

"What!"

"Don't you dare stick your finger up at me," I smiled.

"Okay.... You didn't tie it." Joe waved his hand infront of my face, or so he says he is, "Stop
my hand."

"Where is it?"

"Right infront of you."

"That's not fair."

"You mean, you can't see it."

"No."

"You're so weird," Joe chuckled.

"Don't laugh at me," I crossed my arms over my chest, and frowned.

"I'm sorry."

"Uh-hu. Sure you are."

"I am." he took my hand, and kissed it.

"Fine," I smiled, "Are we there yet?"

"What? Are you going to ask that every few minutes?"

"Maybe."

"Almost," I sighed.

"Where are we going?"

"I told you it's a secret."

"Are we going to the Batcave?"

"What?"

"Never mind," I laughed.

"We're almost there."

"That's what you said last time."

"Ugh! You're suck a kid!"

"Ugh! You're suck a grown-up," I countered. We both laughed, and the car came to a stop. "Can I take this thing off?"

"No," Joe got out of the car, closed the door, and opened mine. He unbuckled me, and helped me out of the car. I instatntly felt sand under my shoes, and the sound of waves lapping onto a shore could be heard.

"Where are we," I asked.

"Stand right here," Joe held onto my waist, and started to undo my knot. I waited calmly, biting my lower lip, "Okay... are you ready?"

"Yes," Joe removed my blond fold, and I opened my eyes.

We were standing on a beach, looking out into a beautiful sunset. The glow of the sun turned the water shades of oganges, pinks, yellows, and reds.

"Joe," I tunred around, "It's beautiful!" I hugged him close, and he held me.

"I thought you would like it." I pulled away, and kisses him.

"It's perfect."

.:Pete's P.O.V:.

Patrick and I sat at the icecream parlor, eating our icecream. I have vinilla, hot fudge, marshmello icecream. It's kind of like a really cold smore. Well, Patrick has a brownie mix, which is like a blizzard.

"Are you sure you're okay," Patrick asked, for the millionth time today.

"Yes, I'm fine," I answered, "It just buggs me, knowing where Joe is gonna take her."

"To that one spot?"

"Yeah, on the-"

"Beach, I know."

"Why didn't I take her there?"

"You didn't have time." we both took bites out of our icecream.

"Shit."

"What?"

"This fucking sucks." I dropped my spoon into my icecream, "I only said those things because I was mad. I never ment them."

"I know."

"It's just.... The picture..., and after what happened with Amanda.... I...." looking down at my icecream, I couldn't think of anything to say.

"Amanda really hurt you?"

"Duh. Now, I'm totally parinoid that every girl that I date, will cheat on me...."

"So when you saw that picture of Samantha and Mike, you thought of the worst."

"Yes, and.... I didn't even give her a chance to explain herself. I totally jumped the gun."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be. It's not your fault," I took another bite of my icecream, "Maybe, things aren't always as they seem." I sighed, and took another bite.

"I'm sorry."

"I said don't be."

"She'll come around," he said with a smile.

"Maybe."

"Hey! Be happy."

"How the hell am I suppost to be happy, when Samantha is not with me?"

"Try not to think about her."

"How?"

"Ummmm....."

"Exactly," I finished my icecream, and sat back in my chair.

"Don't you like icecream in Autum?"

"No."

"Good," Patrick smiled, "Me too." he finished his icecream, and we both cleaned the table.

"Where are we going now," I asked, getting into the car.

"Home?"

"Sounds good to me," I said. we closed our doors, and buckled our belts.

Patrick drove back home, and everything was silent.