We're Going Down, Down in an Earlier Square?

038

.:Normal P.O.V:.

Gerard, Mikey and I entered the Mall, and headed in the direction of Hot Topic.

"So, what do you want," Gerard asked, letting me out of his link.

"What?"

"I'm gonna bye you something," he said, smiling.

"Gerard, I have money."

"So."

"Gerard.... You really don't have to-"

"I know, that's what makes me so nice."

"Gerard...."

"Come on! I haven't spent a day with you ever since the beach thing."

"Just let him bye you something," Mikey said, "He won't leave you alone until you do."

"Fine," I said with a sigh, "But nothing too expensive." Gerard smiled, and took me over to the clothing section.

"Okay.... You need a new outfit," Gerard said, holding up a black shirt with a red design on it.

"Gerard...." I groaned, "We went shopping at least two weeks ago."

"No.... It was a month ago., Gerard said.

"What?"

"When you and Billie train in that space that you suck yourselves into, time passes fast. It usually takes you one to three days for you to become tired."

"Oh my god!"

"You've missed quite a lot of school, Mikey said coming up behind Gerard, "That's awesome."

"I know, Gerard held up the shirt again, and I took a look at it.

It was a tight fitting shirt, and the sleeves were really short. The red design looked more like blood against the black background. The material was soft, and I'll have to admit, it was pretty cool.

"Do you like it, Gerard asked.

"Yes," I answered.

"Good," he hung the shirt over his arm, and started looking at the pants.

"Gerard, I hardly think you'll find a pair of pants to match the shirt."

"Fine. We'll look at the skirts."

"But Gerard," I whined, "I don't wear skirts!"

"Well, you should," he said, "Be like normal girls...."

"But! I'm not a normal girl," I flung my arms around his neck, "That's why I'm with you!" Gerard stiffened for a moment, but wrapped his arm around me.

"And that's why, you're gonna try wearing a skirt right?"

I sighed.

"There's no stopping him," Mikey said, holding up a shirt, "What do you think?"

The shirt was like the one he had bought the last time I was here. Only this time, the shirt was black and red with horizontal strips, and the stripes were smaller.

"I like it," I said.

"Did I start a phase with you," Gerard asked, "I mean, first that white and black one, and now this?"

"This isn't for me," Mikey said, "It's for Frank. As a gag gift."

"Really," I laughed, "Mikey, you know he's never gonna wear that."

"I know," Mikey folded the shirt over his arm, "It's the thought that counts." Gerard and I both giggled at the thought of Frank actually liking it.

"Now, back to the skirt."

"I'm not wearing a skirt," I said.

"Please."

"What the hell would I wear one for?"

"Well, you could wear it out to a fancy date," Gerard said, batting his eyelashes.

"Yeah, right," I crossed my arms over my chest. "Like that's going to happen any time soon." staring at the floor, the thoughts of Pete came to my mind.

"What's wrong."

"Gerard.... I don't wear skirts okay," I said, pushing past him, I went over to the belts, and started shifting through them, trying to find one that I liked.

.:Gerard's P.O.V:.

"Gerard.... I don't wear skirts okay," pushing past me, Samantha went over to the belt rack and started browsing the different variety.

Me on the other hand, I felt like a stake had been driven into my heart, and stayed there, twisted, causing pain. I never meant to hurt Samantha, I was just goofing off.

"What did you do," asked Mikey.

"I said the wrong thing."

"You loser," Mikey hit my arm.

"I know," I handed Mikey the pile of shirts that I was holding, and I walked over to Samantha.

Stopping behind her, I wrapped my arms around her waist, and pulled her close. She didn't object, which made me feel a little better.

"I'm sorry," I whispered into her ear, "I didn't mean to say that... I mean... I thought you were over Pete... but...." Damn it! The words weren't coming to me. Shit.

"Oh... Gerard...." Samantha wrapped her arms around my waist too, "What's wrong with me?"

"Nothing is wrong with you," I said.

"Then.... Why am I so miserable?"

"Because you don't believe in yourself when it comes to wearing skirts." Samantha chuckled, but grew serious again, "Here, pick out a belt, and I'll pay for everything. Then we'll go the the food court, and get something to eat.... Okay?"

"Could I pay for the belt," she asked, bending her head back to look at me.

"Sure. You can pay for the belt," she smiled, and picked out a thick belt with two rows of studs on it. I smiled, and we both made our way to the counter. Mikey just got finished paying for his shirts.

"Next," Samantha went up, and bought her belt, and I after her, paid for her new outfit.
Making our way out of the store, we headed for the food court, and sat down.