We're Going Down, Down in an Earlier Square?

040

.:Pete's P.O.V:.

Sitting up all night is a hard thing to do. You get board so easily. But I passed. I was waiting for Samantha to get home so I could tell her how I feel. I didn't care if we started fighting. I wanted her to know that I was still in love with her. I think I finally fell asleep around five. I know, because I woke up to the sound of Samantha's voice by my ear. My eyes popped open, and I looked up.

"Samantha," I asked.

"Right here," she said with a smile.

"Where the fuck have you been," I asked.

"I'm sorry," she said, "I spent the night with Gerard."

"What?"

"Well, I think I fell asleep in the car, so they carried me into their house."

"You didn't.... Do anything.... Did you?"

"No! Pete, I'm not like that." she looked at me like she was hurt, "I'm with Joe.... I would never hurt him."

Ouch... That was a blow to my stomach. I knew she was like this. I knew she would never cheat on anyone.... But I let my mind jump after I saw that picture. I couldn't help myself.

"How are you Pete," she asked. I didn't know if she was trying to change the subject, or if she really meant it.

"I'm fine," I answered carefully.

"Good." she smiled, "I haven't spoken to you in a while." she looked down at the wooden floor, "Are you and Tommie okay?"

"No...." I answered, "We broke up."

"Really? Why?"

"You."

"What did I have to do with this?"

"It's not you physically, it's you mentally."

"I don't understand." she furrowed her eye brows in confusion.

I was about to take a breath, and spill all of my thoughts, about to tell her exactly how I feel, and try to make things alright again.... But... it didn't work... Joe came down the stairs.

"Samantha," he said, running over and hugging her, "Thank God you're alright." he kissed her forehead.

"I'm alright," she said smiling.

"Where were you?"

"I spent the night with Gerard," she said, I waited for his reaction, but to my surprise, he was unmoved.

"Well.... I'm just glad that you're not hurt. He didn't do anything to you? Did he?"

"No.... Gerard's not like that."

"But Mikey is," I said, butting into their conversation. She snapped her head and glared at me.

"Mikey is not like that," she said, "He would never hurt me."

"That bruise you had on your check said otherwise." her eyes shifted to glares, and her expression was meant to kill.

The bruise on her check in fact was still there, just faintly. You could almost barely see it.

"Pete.... Mikey is not like that.... Okay?" I didn't answer. She just grabbed the Hot Topic bags that she had brought in with her, and headed up the stairs.

"What the hell is your problem," Joe asked, "What the fuck was all of that about?"

"I'm just trying to care of her," I said.

"No, you're just trying to annoy her."

"Look," I said, standing up, "Just because I care about her more than you do, doesn't mean that you can-"

"Don't you dare tell me that you care more about her than I do!" Joe was yelling at me, "The last time I checked, you were the last one to hurt her."

"That may be, but who knows the most about her? I fucking live with her! I know when she's sad, I know when she's mad, I know when she's happy, or needs comforting. I love her Joe! I love her more than you ever could. Or ever would!"

"That's bullshit," Joe yelled, "No one could love her as much as I do." there was a thick silence that fell over us.

"Well, then.... You are sorely mistaken." with saying that, I stormed off, making my way up the stairs, and to my room.

.:Normal P.O.V:.

Closing the door, I set my bags on my bed, and sat down.

This was too much to handle. Pete wasn't being fair.... It was horrible.

Getting up, I started to place my new clothing into the dresser on my side of the room. I sat back down, and then the sound of yelling came from down stairs. One sounded like Pete, and the other must have been Joe. If they were fighting over me, I couldn't stand it. I made to move to the door, but then I thought against it. I didn't want to hear their argument.
I sat back down on my bed, and laid down. I tried to close my eyes, and start to sleep, but I couldn't stay still, but at the same time, I couldn't move. I finally became restless, and I got up. I made for the door, but Pete came barging through.

"What's wrong," I asked, looking at his with concern. He didn't answer.

Wrapping his arm around my waist, he pulled me close to him. I didn't object to this movement at first, but when our lips connected, I started to pull away.

"Pete," I managed to say into his mouth, "Pete, stop!" He did, and I pushed him into the wall away from me.

"Pete.... What's wrong with you," I asked.

"Samantha, I love you," he said. I held my breath, and waited for him to say that he was joking, "I never meant anything that I said during that argument.... I've loved you ever since I've first laid eyes on you. Please Samantha.... Come back to me." I looked at Pete.

"Pete.... I can't.... Joe."

"No," he said, "Joe can't love you the way I do," he said, "I know you better than anyone in this school."

"Pete." he was making this hard. He was making this difficult.

"Samantha...." Pete came back up to me, and placed his lips on mine. I didn't object to it, even though I knew I should. I started to kiss back, and to get lost in his lips.

"Samantha I-" the door opened, and Joe came into the room. Shocked, I pulled away, but it was too late. Joe stumbled out of the room, and into the hall.

"Joe!" I ran out of the room after him, "Joe." grabbing onto his arm, I tried to stop him, but he yanked his arm out of my grasp.

"If you loved Pete instead of me, then you should have said so."

"But... I love you," I said.

"Not anymore," he said. Closing the door to his room, I felt tears rise into my eyes, I turned, and ran into my room.