We're Going Down, Down in an Earlier Square?

042

.:Pete's P.O.V:.

Standing up, I looked around me and saw that I was on a lonely concrete slab in the middle of a meadow. Looking off to the side, I saw a figure that looked like Billie looking up in at the sky.

"Billie," I called, waving my arms at him, he didn't hear me, "Billie!" I yelled louder. He turned his head at me, and ran over to me.

"Pete! It's Samantha! She's falling!" he pointed up at the sky, and I looked up, seeing a small figure falling, and falling fast.

"Oh my God," I said, running my hands through my hair, "What are we going to do?"

"I don't know if there is anything we can do."

"Shit," I turned on my heel, and took a step forward, then turned back, doing a little pace movement. Cupping my hands around my mouth, I took a deep breath, "Samantha! Think happy thoughts!"

"I don't think she heard you."

"Shit!" I place my hand over my mouth, and tried to think of something to do.

.:Samantha's P.O.V:.

I was falling, and still falling. I wasn't thinking of anything, because there was nothing to think about but the fact that you were falling. Looking to the ground, I saw that Billie had moved to the center of the platform next to someone else. I was still too high to see who he was standing next to, but when I heard the second voice, I knew instantly who he was. Pete.
"Samantha!" he called, "Think happy thoughts!"

I wished that I could, he didn't know how hard it was. Looking back at the ground, I found that it was closer... too close.... Closing my eyes, I instantly thought of the time that I had with Pete, and our first kiss. I slammed against something hard, and I thought that it was the concrete. Opening my eyes, I saw that I was at least twenty feet from the ground. Thank God!
Thinking of other thoughts, I lowered myself, and landed into Pete's outstretched arms.

.:Pete's P.O.V:.

She landed on some invisible platform, then she started to lower herself. I held out my arms, and she landed in them, clinging to her chest.

"Samantha," Billie said, "Are you okay?"

"I think so," she answered, still clinging to me.

"What happened?" I asked.

"I lost control," she answered, "My I get down now?"

"No." I answered, smiling.

"I'm not going to fall."

"I don't care."

"Billie," she whined, "Help me!"

"Sorry, kid. This is your problem." he said with a sly smile as he turned to walk away.

"Peter.... Please put me down," she whispered. I let her stand, but my hands still remained on her hips.

"Samantha.... I'm sorry."

"No, I understand," she said, "I just want you to stay away from me."

"What?"

"It's your fault I'm in this position anyway."

"What do you mean my fault?"

"You're the one who came to my mind and caused me to sky rocket, then your stupid fight with me caused me to fall."

"My stupid fight?"

"Yes! You and your stupidness to not realize when someone is telling the truth!"

"Are you accusing me of your near death experience?"

"No!"

"Then what are you doing?"

"I'm accusing you for everything," she yelled, "It was because of you that I lost Mikey, and Gerard, it was because of you my life is a living hell! It's all because of you that I have no love life. If you had never had kissed me I would still be with Joe!"

"But you don't love Joe!"

"Yes I do!"

"No, you don't because you love me! Face it, I'm the best thing that's ever happened to you."

"Shut up!"

"The chemistry that we have will never happen between you and someone else!"

"Shut up!" she looked like she wanted to cry, to scream out, but she couldn't. Shaking my head, I turned and walked toward Billie.

.:Normal P.O.V:.

After a while, the tears that I needed came. I cried. Falling to my knees, I covered my face with my hands, and cried.

What was wrong with me? What do I have that makes people pull away from me?

My shoulders shook from ever sob that I gave, and I couldn't help it..... Pete was right.
I am grieving the love that we lost.... I am crying over what we once had, and might never have again. I am crying over him.

No! Don't fall for him, I screamed at myself,That's exactly what he wants. He wants you to come crawling back to him.

But he said he loved you. came a different voice. Great, a conversation has been started in my head.

I don't give a fuck what he said. For all we know, he could be lying.

Well, I'm taking the chance.

Fool.

Looking up, I saw Pete and Billie talking at the other end of the concrete slab. Billie was looking at me, and I could faintly make out a sorrowful look. Pete was waving his hands madly, probably complaining about me. Billie's shoulders shrugged, which either meant that he didn't know the answer to Pete's statement, or he was sighing.

He came over to me, and wrapped his arms around me.

"Are you okay," he asked.

"What the hell do you think," I asked. The anger from before still tainted my voice. Gasping, I shrank in his hold, "I'm sorry."

"It's okay," he said, hugging me close, "Do you want to go home?" I nodded. Billie waved for Pete, and he came running towards us.

"Hold on," Billie said, holding out his hand for Pete to hold onto. I closed my eyes, and we were home.

.:Pete's P.O.V:.

We landed in our room, and we all released each other. I stepped back, I was too close for comfort to Samantha. But I wanted to be that close.... Nope... staying away.

Billie said goodbye, and he left us alone. Not good.... Not good at all.

Samantha sat down on her bed, and curled up in a tiny ball. She sat with her back to the head of her bed, and her legs were pulled tightly against her chest. It was really pitiful, and it broke my heart.

"Samantha?" walking over to her, I tried to rest my hand on her shoulder, but she shrank away every time. Why was I trying to comfort her? Damn emotions, always getting in the way.
"Samantha please...."

"Just go away!" she exclaimed, her voice croaked. I stepped back, and sighed. I left the room, and headed outside, where Patrick, Joe Andy, and Gerard were still standing.

"What the hell?" I asked.

"Talking." Gerard said.

"Oh."

"Is she okay?" Patrick asked.

"No." I answered.

"What did you do?" Joe demanded.

"Nothing."

"Right." Gerard said skeptical.

"I didn't," I said, anger rising in me, "You know what? Forget it!" I walked off, steam moving around in my head.

.:Gerard's P.O.V:.

Pete stormed off to the stairs, and charged to them. Patrick sighed, and followed him, also followed by Joe and Andy. I was left standing outside Samantha's door. Taking a deep breath, I knocked, and opened the door.

Samantha was sitting on her bed, her legs tucked against her chest, and her head buried in her arms. Her shoulders heaved with the sobs that escaped from her mouth.

"Samantha?"

"Go away Peter," she said. I came over to her side, and sat down.

"Well, I'll let Pete know that you don't want to see him," I answered. She lifted her head, and gazed into my eyes. Her eyes were wide like a child's who had lost his way in the dark, "Are you okay?" she shook her head, and collapsed into me. Wrapping my arm around her, I hugged her close to me.

"Gerard...." she said, "I fell."

"What?"

"Billie was teaching me to levitate, and I lost control.... I fell."

"How high up were you.

"I was completely surrounded my clouds," she said.

"My gosh," I held her even closer than before, "I'm so sorry." she looked into my eyes, and I smiled down at her.

Kissing her forehead, I rubbed her back trying my best to comfort her.

"Gerard...." she said.

"Yes." she didn't say anything. She just leaned up, and placed her cold moist lips against mine. She pulled away, and smiled shyly.

"Thank you for being a friend." she said.

"I'll travel down the road and back again," I answered, starting to sing, "Because your heart is true, you're a pal and a confidante." she laughed a bit, and placed her head on my chest.

"Could you stay here tonight?" she asked.

"Anything you want suga'." I answered with a smile. She moved over, so I had more room. Then, climbing onto my lap, she snuggled next to me, and lay her head on my chest.

"Sing something Gerard." I smiled, and started to sing.

"Late dawns and early sunsets.
Just like my favorite scenes.
They're holding hands, and life was perfect.
Just like up on the screens.
"

I sang Sunsets over Monroeville softly, and soon, we were both asleep, holding onto each other, lovingly.

"Counting your face among the living...."