We're Going Down, Down in an Earlier Square?

044

.:Normal P.O.V:.

Sighing, I looked into Pete's eyes, and started my tale.

"When I was younger.... Maybe three or four, my father walked out on my mom and me. I was too young to know what was happening, and I was just perfectly fine with it, but my mother.... Well... it ruined her.

"I grew up in a semi-normal house hold. I had a loving mother who only wanted the best for me, and would never hurt me, and she had her new boyfriend, Mark.

"Mark was the type of guy who 'loved' kids. He would always try to do things with me, when I never wanted him to. Like when I was coloring, he would try and help me, but would color in the wrong thing. But eventually, as I got older, his interest with me started to fade.

"He would always want another child, and my mother only wanted me. So, eventually, he left. When he left, my mother went down hill to complete bottom.

"She would drink, and smoke. She usually never left the house for she was so sauced you couldn't get her to leave the couch. She never showered, and she would only tell you what she thought was the truth.

"She would boss me around, and tell me that she never loved me. She blamed me for all of the troubles that she had. To her, it was my fault that my father left, it was my fault Mark left, it was my fault that she was always drunk. Every bad thing that happened, was always my fault. And soon, I began to believe that everything was.

"Soon enough, the bills came, and I used all of the money we had to pay them all. I was only fourteen at the time. I decided that I had to get a job, so I started looking in the paper. I tried to get as many jobs as I could possibly handle.

"I helped in a bookstore in the morning, rang people up in a bakery in the afternoon, and then every other Friday and every Saturday, I would ring up people at a local coffee shop. I did everything, and eventually, the hours started to get to me, and my wonderful work started to slow down. I had made friends with all of the managers that I worked for, and they were all very concerned about my health.

"They offered me breaks, and they offered me time off, and every time they did, I rejected them, saying that I enjoyed the work, and didn't want to stop.

"By the time school started, I had to quit the job at the bookstore so I could go to school. Then after classes, I would run to the bakery, and work there, and continued working the late hours at the coffee shop. By the time I was a senior, my grades were slipping none stop, and I was in counseling.

"My mother never once stopped complaining to even care about what I was doing. All she cared about was having her cup full every time she wanted to take a gulp. She never once stopped and thanked me for paying her bills, and trying to keep her house. Never once.... Did she ever...." a tear rolled down my face, and at that moment, I knew that I had been crying for some time now.

"All I ever wanted to hear, was her saying that she loved me. I had convinced myself that if I could prove to her that I could try and make things better that.... That everything wasn't my fault, and that I was worth her love. I gave up college to still help her. When I was eighteen, she had died, leaving everything she had.... To Mark. Who greedily took everything he now owned, and sold it all. Sold away my childhood, and used the money to buy pot, and to pay off debt he had managed to rack up over the years." more tears came out, "I think that.... The reason why I've dated so many people.... Is because... I wanted to feel loved. For four years, I have lived with a person who always pointed out my faults, and never said that she loved me. Never once did she ever say that. Then, until I met Mikey, I was living alone in a big house, that was meant for a family, and I was still not ever being loved."

Pete looked at me in sorrow, and quickly wrapped his arms around me, letting me sob into his chest, "I'm so sorry," he whispered, "I just thought you were dating every one because-"

"Nothing is ever what it looks like," I said, trying not to sob too much. Pete began to sway sideways and started to hum. It was soothing, and it calmed me down, a little.

"Pete?"

"Yes."

"Could you sleep here tonight?"

"What about Gerard?"

"What about him?"

"Well.... I have the feeling that he thinks that you love him again."

"I don't know who I love right now," I answered, pulling away from him, "Right now, I just want you to be here as my friend." Pete looked at me, and then smiled.

"I'll do anything for a friend," he said. I smiled, and together, we fell asleep in my bed. his arms around me, and me tucked into his chest, with my head under his chin.

.:Patrick's P.O.V:.

I was looking at Pete's notebook, and all of the things that he had written in it over the course of the years. It was very sad to read about all of the things that he felt towards his ex girl friend, and what she did to him. But then again, it was also sad to read all of the things that he wrote about his feelings for Samantha.

As I flipped to the page that he had written on especially for me.

It was mostly about Samantha which was a big let down on my part, because I couldn't use that stuff.

Looking at all of the other ones, and idea came to my mind. I picked up another piece of paper, and started writing.

For some reason, I always start with the chorus.

And if you want to go down in history then I'm your prince.
Because they've got me in a band where I've never seen a heart I couldn't break.
It was never about the songs, it was competition,
Make the biggest scene, make the biggest....


I stopped. I couldn't find anything else on the page that inspired me to go on with it. I looked at the page again, and I decided that in the morning, I would have to ask Pete, Billie, Mike, or Tre to help me. Besides, we have school tomorrow.

Rolling over onto my back, I sighed, and closed my eyes. I didn't bother to take my glasses off, I just went to sleep in hope that there would be no more drama tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry I haven't updated in like... forever and a half.
Mostly I forgot all about this one. ha.