We're Going Down, Down in an Earlier Square?

045

.:Patrick's P.O.V:.

In the morning, I woke to my alarm clock buzzing. I pressed down on the button, and rolled awkwardly out of bed. Looking down on the floor, I found the notebooks from last night, and remembered what I had to do.

Going to the shower, I took a surprisingly cold - yet slow - one. Dressing in a pair of tight brown pants, and a red and navy blue stripped shirt, I made my way downstairs to breakfast.
It wasn't anything special, just the usual. Cereal, or bagels. I swear, this place needs to get a better breakfast choice. Grabbing a bagel, I sat next to Joe and started to pick mindlessly at it.

"What's wrong," he asked.

"Just thinking of ideas for a new song," I answered.

"Oh." Joe took a sip of his orange juice, as Pete and Samantha came into the room.

"Good morning," she said. It looked like she had cried all night, and that Pete had spent most of it worrying.

"Is everything okay," Joe asked.

"Everything's fine," Pete answered. He grabbed two plates, and handed one to Samantha. They filled it, and sat down. Pete across from Joe, and Samantha across from me.

"So, what are we doing today," Pete asked.

"Going to our classes," Joe answered.

"Right," Samantha said, looking down at her plate, "I haven't been there in so long... I don't think I'll be able to catch up in any of my subjects."

"It's okay," Andy said, sitting down, no one noticed that he was even in the room, "We'll help you catch up." He sat at the end of the table next to Samantha and me. She smiled, and nodded.

"Thank you," she said.

"Is that what you're wearing today," Joe asked, pointing at Pete's pajamas.

"No," Pete answered, "Just didn't feel like dressing for breakfast."

"Whatever," I answered. A sharp pain came to my shin, as Pete jumped in his chair, "Ow!"

"Hey," exclaimed Samantha, "There shall be no kicking under the table at all today." Pete sulked in his chair.

Well, it didn't take them long to recover, I thought. I picked at my bagel some more, still thinking of something to do with the other things in Pete's notebook.

"Are you going to eat that," Andy asked, pointing at the bagel.

"No."

"Could I have it?"

"Sure." I passed my plate over to him, and he too some of the pieces off of the plate and shoved them into his mouth.

"Thinking of something to write about," Pete asked.

"You know me too well," I said smiling.

"You love it though," he answered, wriggling his eyebrows at me.

"You bet," I smiled at him, and we both started to laugh.

"Well," Samantha said, finishing off her milk, "I'd better get dressed."

"Finished already," I asked, amazed.

"Didn't get much," she said, getting up.

"Well, here, let me come up with you." I stood, and pushed my chair under the table. She smiled, and together, we left the room.

.:Normal P.O.V:.

Patrick and I made our way up the stairs, not really talking, but enjoying each other's presences. I didn't mind him walking with me, and it looked like he was thankful I wasn't trying to make small talk with him, so we left it at that.

Reaching the top of the stairs, Patrick turned to his room, and I continued on to mine. Opening the door, I nearly screamed when I found Billie sitting on my bed crying.

"Billie!" I ran to his side, "What's wrong?"

"Adie and I had a fight."

"What do you mean you and Adie had a fight. I thought you were getting married."

"I don't think that's going to happen now," he said.

"Why?"

"I was talking with Mike and Tre, and we were talking about how I had feelings for you-"

"No, kidding," I muttered under my breathe.

"And Adie came in and thought that I was cheating on her, so she started yelling at me, and... and...." Billie buried his face in his hands again, his shoulders shaking from his tears.

"Is there anything I can do?"

"I don't know."

"Then why did you come here?"

"Mike and Tre don't believe me when I told them I was over you, so their pretty much siding with Adie."

"What! That is absurd!"

"I know...."

"Maybe if I come over after school, and talk to them."

"I don't think they'll listen."

"Well, we have to do something. It took a lot to get Adie to come down here."

"Yeah? No kidding," Billie sighed, and looked up.

"Are you really going to be okay?"

"Yeah.... I'll be fine."

"Are you sure?"

"I'll see you in class," he stood up, and made his way out of the room, and down the hall way.

Getting up, I dressed, and sat down at my desk, and started to do my hair, looking in the little mirror, that I had hung over it. Pulling it in a pony tail, and tying a pink ribbon around it, I smiled. Today I was wearing a very bohemian style outfit. A tight, form fitting blue long sleeved shirt, for it was only October. The shirt had gold sequins on it, in a circular pattern. I wore a brown bohemian skirt, with a similar pattern. I looked at my self in the mirror, and grabbed a light pink scarf, and wrapped it around my neck. The pink scarf really pulled the outfit together, I thought. I smiled at my self, and grabbed my book bag, and made my way to school.