We're Going Down, Down in an Earlier Square?

052

.:Normal P.O.V:.

In the morning, I woke up, it a stream of morning sun light, and also the sound of Pete pulling on drawers and closing them. I sat up in bed, and silently watched him.

"What are you doing," I asked after a while.

"Getting ready for school," he answered. I pulled the covers aside, and swung my legs over the edge.

"What the hell are you doing," he said.

"Getting up, so I can get ready for school."

"No.... You're sick."

"I'm not sick," I protested, "I was just frightened. I'm fine."

"No, your not," Pete said, pushing my legs over the covers.

"What do you mean," I asked.

"You're burning up," he answered.

"I am not!"

"Here," he took up a baby thermometer and placed it in my ear. It was the kind that, well obviously you stuck in your ear and not your mouth. The machine beeped, and he showed me the temperature. 101 degrees. Yet I felt fine.

"You need to stay home," he finished.

"But! I can't miss anymore school!"

"You can use this time to get caught up on the homework you still need to do," he said, pushing me down on my bed.

"Pete!"

"Sh, listen, I don't want you to get anymore sick than this.... I should call the school nurse to come and check on you."

"Pete!" I exclaimed.

"What?"

"I. Feel. Fine." I said. One word sentences usually make an impression. Ha.

"No. You're. Not." he said back. Asshole.

"Pete.... Please," I said, "If I feel shitty, I'll walk home."

"Walk home," Pete looked infuriated, "Do you think I would risk the chance of you over heating and collapsing in the middle of the street?"

"I won't collapse!"

"Still, stay here."

"I'm not going to stay here alone!" Pete stared at me for a while, then took his shirt off
"What are you doing," I asked, he didn't answer, "Pete, what are you doing?" Still no answer.
Pete pulled on a baggy tee shirt, and pulled off his boxers, and opened the door, and walked out, closing it as he went. I sighed, and got up. I made my way to my mirror, and looked it.

My complexion was white... sickly white that is. I looked terrible. My temperature said 101, but I felt normal. Maybe that's an up for being gifted.... I'll have to ask Billie about that later.
I opened my top drawer, as Pete and Patrick came in.

"I thought I told you, you weren't going to school," Pete said, placing his hands on his hips.

"I feel just fine," I said.

"Let me see," Patrick came up and placed his hands on my head, "Jesus! You're like a fuckn' oven!"

"Oh no.... Not you too," I said, with a noticed moan, "Please, let me go to school."

"Lay down," Patrick said, pointing at my bed.

"But-"

"Do it," he said, adding force behind it. I made my way over to my bed, and lied down.

"Patrick I-"

"You are going to stay here with Pete. Okay?"

"Pete?"

"Yes, he's staying here so you won't be alone. Besides, he's ahead of his class." Pete gave an embarrassed smile as Patrick said that.

"But-"

"And I'll be home for lunch, to see if you've improved any. If you have, I'll let you come to school. So for now, lay down, and try to relax."

I sighed, "Fine." Pulling the covers over me I was about to get comfortable until Patrick yanked them off.

"No heavy blankets.... Use the sheets."

"What!"

"You heard me," he gave me a stern look, and I obeyed, pulling the sheets over my body. Instantly I longed for my covers back.... I hated sheets.

"Now," Patrick said, "We're going to go to school. I'll tell the head master that you're staying here with Samantha, and then I'll be back during lunch break. We have an hour, so I'll be here for a while. If she needs anything, you get it, not her, and if she causes any trouble, tell me."

"Yes mother," Pete said. Patrick gave him a stern look, and turned out into the hallway.

"I didn't know he had that kind of affect on people," I said.

"It's because he's always so gentle and quiet," Pete replied, "When he lashes out, or demands something, he means it."

"He's incredible," I answered.

"What do you mean by incredible," Pete asked, sitting on my bed.

"Well... not as incredible as the Incredible Pete Wentz," I answered. Pete smiled and we leaned in.

Before our lips touched, Patrick shot his head through the door, "And no kissing! I don't want Pete catching anything," Pete gave a disappointed sigh, and sat up straight.

"Thanks Patty," he said.

"I'm just looking out for you," Patrick answered, before closing the door.

.:Pete's P.O.V:.

I got up form her bed, and went on the Internet.

"What do you do?"

"Excuse me?"

"On the Internet? You're always on it. What do you do?"

"Write in my on line journal."

"Really?"

"Mhm," I answered, "I haven't published anything for a while, so I have a lot to post." she smiled, and rolled over.

Posting todays post, which took a while, I closed my computer, and looked over at Samantha. It was obvious that she was asleep, so I gently pushed her over, and feel asleep besides her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my god... I updated again....