We're Going Down, Down in an Earlier Square?

055

.:Pete's P.O.V:.

Waking up, I stayed in bed for a while, just staring at the ceiling. Memories of Carissa came to mind. All of the fun times we're shared and what they've meant. Some of the memories made me smile, and others were terrible.

Carissa, Patrick, Joe, Andy, and I were on Times Square, having loads of fun. Carissa entered a store, and told us to stay outside. She came out when we were being mobbed by killer teens, and we made an excuse to leave.

We all asked what she went in there for, and she told me to stop. Reaching into her bag, she pulled out a Peter Pan hat. I mean.... It looked exactly like it. Feather and all. I wore it all day, and even during most of our concerts. That hat was perfect.... She was perfect.....

Snapping out of my thoughts another one came to me, What did I do with the hat? I hoped I didn't get rid of it.

Getting up, I looked in my drawers, and in my desk. Nothing. Looking under my bed, I started looking through all of the shoe boxes that I had. I opened the last box under the bed, and gave a sigh of relief. There, on top, in it's green glory, was my Peter Pan hat that Carissa had bought me. Tears filled my eyes as I remembered the smile in her eyes every time I wore it. I remembered the night after she bought it....

I had left it in Patrick's and Carissa's hotel room.... She came over to give it to me. that was the first time we almost actually had sex. If it weren't for Patrick....

Looking at the hat, I really did start to cry. All of the evil memories. No.... Not evil.... Just painful. Setting the hat aside, I closed the shoebox, and slid it back under my bed. Picking up the hat, I quietly slipped out of my room, and went to see if school was finished for the day.

It was.

Knocking on Andy's door, then Joe's I went into Patrick's room. They thankfully got the hint.

"What's up," Patrick asked, looking at me. Was it that obvious?

"Look what I found," I said, holding out the green, feathered hat.

Patrick gave a little smile, most likely out of fond memories. Andy and Joe looked at each other. Tears filled all of our eyes. "I remember when she bought that," Joe said, "It was in a Disney store."

"Yeah, she came out when a bunch of teens were crowding us," Andy said.

"I remember you wore that the first concert on the tour," Patrick said.

"Yeah... She sang Where is you Boy," I said.

"I remember you two were pretty hot," Andy said. We all gave a single choked laugh.

"Yeah.... She was... the only one.... I ever wanted to be with," I said. Tears on the verge of spilling.

"Then.... We were back at East Point," Patrick said, "That's when...."

"Sara and Sarena exposed her," I answered, "I was so stupid to get pissed at her.... She had to hide it...."

"But she could have at least told us."

"But she didn't...." this time, my tears spilled, causing a chain reaction through out the room.

"I can't believe you still have the hat," Joe said.

"Why would I through it away," I answered.

"Good point." Joe looked at the hat, lost in his own memories.

"Did I ever tell you what happened the night she died," I asked.

"No," Patrick said.

"The officials had just pulled her out when I got there.... She was on a stretcher, her arm by her head, she didn't have a chance.... I told her not to leave me.... She looked up at me... shook her head, and whispered 'Bastard.' Her head dropped, and.... She her hand relaxed... she was holding the necklace that I gave her during the tour."

"Oh my god," Patrick said.

"Her parents didn't approve of me," I said, "I gave them her necklace and told them my wish.... Her wish.... I figured that... since she had it when she died... she would want to be buried with it. But they turned me down."

"What happened to the necklace," Andy asked. I didn't say anything. What did I do with the necklace? Then it hit me.

Turning the hat upside down, I traced the inside of the lining with my finger, and pulled out the necklace that I had given to Carissa. More tears escaped me, and Patrick, Joe, and Andy came over and gave me a hug. Crying silently themselves.

.:Normal P.O.V:.

After hearing the door open and close again, I opened my eyes to see Pete sitting on his bed. In his hand was a green hat that resembled that of the one that Peter Pan always wore on the cartoon, and a necklace. He was crying, as he looked at them. They probably had something to do with Carissa...er... Claire.

Sitting up, I made my way over to Pete, and sat down next to him. Wrapping him in my arms, he cried harder. "This is all I have left of her," he said, "Besides my memories.... This is all."

"I'm so sorry Pete," I said. I couldn't really be sorry for him.... I don't have any idea what he's going through.... Not one. I felt so.... Useless.

"I love you," I said, trying to get him to feel better.

"I love you too," he said, looking at me. It was only then did I realize that he was wearing eyeliner. And I started to giggle.

"Now you fit your nickname," I said.

"What?"

"Peter Panda." His eyes widened, and he ran to the mirror.

"Aw.... Shit." He left the room, and cleaned up. Coming back, he smiled at me, but in his eyes, it was obvious that he was still sad.

"Is this better," he asked.

"Much better," I answered, wrapping my arms around his waist. I placed a kiss on his lips, and pulled away.

"I want more of that please," he said.

"Anything else," I asked, teasing him by leaning in so our lips were only centimeters away.

"A side order of you," he answered. I smiled, and kissed him, and he pushed us to my bed.