We're Going Down, Down in an Earlier Square?

056

.:Pete's P.O.V:.

Waking in the morning, I looked over at Samantha, and smiled. Leaning in, I kissed her bare shoulder, and as gently as I could, I got out of bed.

Pulling on my boxers, I quickly got dressed, and looked at my bed. Carissa's hat, and the necklace were still there. Picking up the necklace, I studied it, careful not to slip into memories. But that was more challenging than it seems.

The necklace was on a golden chain. The pendant itself was a pink, white, and blue crystal heart. The reason for the different colors, was because there were three different stones cut in a way so that they fit together. I had bought it for her.... As a symbol of our love. She wore it everyday, never once did she take it off.

Looking up from the necklace, I looked at a still sleeping Samantha.

Her hair fell across the pillow just like in the movies. Her arms held the covers tightly around her, and her lips were parted only a little. She was like an angel. Sitting there, I waited for her to get up. I watched, as a beam of sunlight that had made it's way pass the curtains of our window slowly made it's way to shine in her eyes. She rolled over, but soon, there was no hiding from the light. Opening her eyes, she rolled back over, and sat up.

Hugging her bed covers to her, she turned, and looked at me, "Hey," she said.

"Good morning," I answered. I got up, and made my way over to her, Carissa's necklace still in hand.

"What's that?"

"Carissa's necklace," I answered, "The one she was holding when she died."

"Oh." she looked down, I couldn't see her face, so I don't know what she was thinking. Sitting on the bed, I undid the clasp on the golden chain. In one swift movement, I placed the necklace around Samantha's neck, and closed it.

"What are you doing," she asked. Raising her hands, she made to take the necklace off, but I stopped her.

"I want you to wear it." I said.

"But...."

"It's time to move on," I said, "I don't want to look at that necklace and remember Carissa.... I want to look at it, and remember that there's someone that I love." she looked at me, and smiled.

"I love you too." she answered.

"Get dressed.... You still have to go to school today."

"Okay mother," she said. Reaching at the foot of her bed for the robe that she hardly ever used, she wrapped herself in it, and made her way to her dresser.

Picking out her outfit, she changed, and ran a brush through her hair, eventually pulling it up into a pony tail.

"Must you wear your hair up," I said. I walked up behind her, and placed my hands on her hips. "You look much hotter with your hair down."

"Do you want me to have my hair down?"

"Duh," I said, "That way, every boy will be jealous that you're with me."

"Well, what if I don't want to wear my hair down?"

"Then no one will be jealous that you're with me," I said. She turned around, and wrapped her hands around my waist.

"What if I don't want to be with you?"

"Then I'll be hurt." I said.

She smiled and placed a kiss on my chin, "Then it's a good thing I'm yours then." she said.

"Yep.... That is a good thing." I answered. I engaged her with a passionate kiss, and while she was preoccupied, I pulled out her pony tail.

"Peter!" she exclaimed. She tried to get her hair tie, but I held onto it.

"I like your hair down," I stated.

"Fine," she turned around, and ran the brush through her hair again. Mumbling something about me being immature.

"Are you ready for breakfast," I asked.

"I guess so," she said.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't normally wear my hair down."

"Are you serious," she nodded, "You mean to tell me, that you wear your hair up all of the time! And I've never noticed!" I placed my hands to my face, "How horrible!"

"Shut up," she said, a small smile on her face.

Down in the breakfast area, everyone was staring at Samantha. Stacy and Rea came over and commented on her hair. Jordan and Jared were talking - loudly might I add - about how hot she looked. Patrick, Joe, and Andy thought so too, and weren't afraid to show it. Samantha held a light blush on her face, and I just smiled one of my 'told-you-so' smiles at her.We finished lunch, and we all piled into our cars and drove off to school.

"I'll see you at lunch." I said.

"Where are we going?" she asked.

"You'll see." I answered. She smiled, and walked off.

.:Normal P.O.V:.

Walking off, I tried not to freak when everyone started to stare at me. I mean, of course I'm wearing my hair down.... No big deal... every girl wears their hair down every so often....

"Samantha," called a voice. Turning to look at who it was, I saw Frank come over.

"Hey Frankie," I said with a smile.

"Wow," he said, "You need to wear your hair down more often." I laughed, and so did he.

"Is it seriously that pretty," I asked, looking at my hair.

"Yeah," he said, "Look at all of the girls. They're totally jealous!"

"Either that or they saw the magazine today," said Gerard coming up to us.

"Hey Gee," I said, "What Magazine?"

"This one." Gerard held up a magazine, and there one the cover was me and Pete at the mall, eating lunch.

"Oh shit," I said, hiding my face behind my hair. So it's useful for one thing.

Gerard laughed, "It's okay...." he said. I took the magazine from him and flipped to the page with our 'story'.

Pete Wentz was spotted at the Pacific Square Mall having lunch in the food court with an unidentified girl. Pete and the girl spent much time in the food court, gaining the interest of many young girls, and boys. Several screamed as they passed by, and others claim that he placed his hand in her back pocket.

Is Pete Wentz really in love? Or is this just a very close friend?


"That is the lamest article... I have ever read," I said, on the verge of laughter.

"I know...." Frank said, reading it over my shoulder.

"I told you it wasn't that bad," Gerard agreed.

"Oh shit!" I said, "But now every girl in the school is going to murder me."

"That's okay...." said Frank, "If they try to, you'll have several people on your side."

"Yeah, twenty people against over three hundred.... Great odds."

"Yes.. but no one is willing to harm sixteen of these people now are they?"

"I guess not," I answered.

"Well, come on," Frank said, "We'll walk you to your lockers." he said.

"Thanks, but if you pull any body guard shit, I'm gonna have to ask you to leave."

"Sure, sure...." Gerard said. We started to walk, and were grateful that no one came up to us.
Most of the lockers are outside, at Harpersville. It reminds me of the school in The Princess Diaries, but yeah... only there's no princess here.

And so of course.... Being the lucky person that I am *heavy sarcasm*, I get a locker.... Out side. So when it rains, you'll either have to carry an umbrella with you, or you're gonna get really wet. Ha, ha, ha.

Going to my locker, I piled my stuff in there, and grabbed what I needed for class.
Gerard, Frank and I were thankfully, all in the first class together, so we all made our way to Billie's class room.

"I hope we're not late," I said. And as if on cue, the tardy bell rang.

"Jinxer!" Frank called, as we all started to run to your first class.