We're Going Down, Down in an Earlier Square?

058

.:Pete's P.O.V:.

Samantha ran up the steps to the house, and I followed her as best I could. She got inside, and reached up for something. I was about to reach out and grab her elbow, when she threw something on the ground. Looking down, I saw Carissa's necklace. My hand dropped and I just stared at the floor. My tears brimming my eyes. The sound of her running up the stairs sounded like it was far away, along with the slamming of a door. I just stood there, staring at the necklace, crying softly.

"Pete," Rea called, coming up from the basement staircase, "Oh my gosh sweets! What's wrong?" She wrapped her arms around me, and lifted my face to look at her, "What's wrong?"

"We are," I answered, "I can't do this anymore.... I love Samantha."

"Wha-What?" Rea stuttered, looking hurt.

"I'm sorry," I said, "You're a great kid Tommie, really you are, but it's not working."

"What did you say?"

"This isn't working."

"You called me Tommie."

"So, that's your name. Get use to it."

She looked at me for a while, her face twisted into an angry shell. Raising a hand, she whipped it across my face, and grabbed my chin, forcing me to look at her, "Never. Call. Me. Tommie. UNDERSTAND?" she looked furious, but I didn't care. At least she was angry with me... that was all that I needed.

"Let go of my face," I said. She stared at me, and kind of tried to throw my face out of her hands, rather than release it. She glared at me again, and walked away.

"Dude...." looking over at the kitchen opening, I saw Joe leaning against the frame, "What happened?"

"I broke up with Rea," I answered.

"I thought you were dating Samantha."

"I know."

"You- You- You were cheating on her," Joe looked like he was ready to explode... not that he already had or anything, "You're SICK!"

"What?" he lost me.

Walking up to me, he looked ready to punch me, "You have the hottest girl in the entire school, who every living man on earth would probably want to date.... And you cheat on her!"

"I'm sorry," I cried, "I was under the influence!"

"Under the influence," Joe was still yelling, "What the hell! You never get drunk without us! What the hell is your fucking problem?"

"What the fuck is your problem," I yelled back, "Yes, I know what I did, yes I'm taking the god
damned heat for it, and you don't think I really want to be in this position again!"

Joe backed away, and looked down at the floor, "You've been like this ever since Carissa died."

"Well, what the hell do you expect? She was the center, the shinny star, of my fucked up world. Do you really think I could ever find someone like that again?"

"I thought you had that with Samantha," Joe said, looking at me.

"Do you think so?"

"Yeah."

"Shit...." I walked slowly over to the stair case, and sat down, "What the hell have I done?"

"That's a very good reaction," Joe said, standing in front of me, "I don't know.... It's your problem."

"Thanks friend." I said, voice dripping with heavy sarcasm.

"Sorry," Joe said, "To tell you the truth, I don't think I want to help you."

"What," I looked up at his sorrowful face, "What the hell do you mean, you can't help me."

"Well, to tell you the truth, I like her too. If she's not with anyone, I'll probably try and get to her."

"What," I stood this time, "You fucker! You can't do that! She's mine!"

"Well, not anymore," Joe said, countering me, "She deserves someone who will stand to love her! Not cheat on her!"

"Fuck you!" I said. Spinning around, I made my way upstairs, and down the hall way to my bedroom. Grabbing my notebook, I went into the bathroom, and out the window to my private spot.

.:Normal P.O.V:.

Patrick lowered me onto his bed, our lips still attached to each other. We would pull away for air, and then engage ourselves back into our kissing. His hand moved to my waist, and he pushed me further up onto the bed. He lifted his body and moved so he was straddling my waist. He moved quickly, but the sound of people yelling downstairs broke us apart.
We both gasped for air, and stared into each others eyes.

"Wow." Patrick said, his glasses a screw.

"Wow." I agreed. He gave a smile, and I did too. More yelling came from down stairs, and we looked to the door.

"Who the hell?" I asked. The sound of footsteps came from the stairs. Someone stormed by the door, and to another room.

"Who was that?" Patrick asked.

"I don't know," I answered. Patrick sat up, still saddling my waist, "Could you get off please?"
I asked, blushing.

"Sorry." he got off, and I rolled him onto his back.

"I didn't know you knew how to do that." I said with a laugh.

"Neither did I." he answered. I placed a kiss on his lips, and headed out into the hallway. Entering my room, I found Pete's drawer opened, and noticed that his notebook was gone. I sighed, and headed out to the bathroom. The door was unlocked which was an up for me. Going in, I saw that the window was opened, and climbed out. I couldn't see Pete anywhere. There was a light breeze up here, which also signaled the end of fall and the change to winter.

Walking around, I turned a corner, and found Pete sitting on the roof, hugging his book to his chest, crying. I gasped, and he turned to look at me. His eyes widened with anger, and he stood up.

"What the hell are you doing here!" he yelled.

"I was just looking for you." I said.

"You're not suppose to be out here," he said, "Get off of my roof!"

"Pete...." I said, I took a step forward. He raised both of his hands, and pushed me with a tremendous force.

I flew back, and felt myself begin to fall off of the edge of the roof, "Pete!" I cried, as I flew back. I grabbed onto the railing, and looked at the ground which looked to me miles away.
I felt Pete's hand wrap around my wrist. I looked up, and saw that his face was still angry. He pulled on my hand, and my grip slipped, and I let go of the edge.

"What are you doing," I asked.

"Getting rid of you," he said.

"What!" I looked into his eyes, with pure fear, and he let go.