We're Going Down, Down in an Earlier Square?

059

.:Normal P.O.V:.

Pete let go of my wrist, and I fell. I could feel my scream, but couldn't hear it. I saw the look on Pete's face, a mixture of hate, and sorrow. I had no control over my fall. My heart raced, and I tried to think of a happy thought to break my fall, but none came to me. I cried out in pain as a thick branch from a near by tree scrapped my shirt, and entangled me in it's sharp twigs. Being caught, forced me to flip upright, and I felt several pangs of fear, as I waited for me to hit the ground, most likely breaking my legs in the process. Then, like a blow to the gut, I hit the ground, hearing a sickening crack in my legs. My head hit the hard ground, and I started to black out. The hit had knocked the wind out of me, so I was left gasping for air. The last thing I saw was the other three members of Fall Out Boy, Jared, Jordan, Stacy, and Rea all bending over me. Andy left to call nine one one, and Patrick was at my side, trying hard to sooth me as best as he could. I couldn't hear anything, and soon, I blacked out completely.

.:Pete's P.O.V:.

Sitting on the roof top, I watched as the ambulance came, and they loaded Samantha into the back. She wasn't moving, so I knew what I did worked. Leaning back, I let the pain of tears take over me. It was the only way.... The only way for everyone. I don't deserve love. I learned that the hard way, when I lost Carissa. She was my star.... But then so was Samantha. We wouldn't have worked out. Everyone was attracted to her. So if she didn't want me, she couldn't want anyone.

I had to kill her.... It was the only way.
I had to kill her.... It was the only way.


Standing up, I slowly walked over to the edge of the roof, and looked down. I winced as I saw where Samantha had hit the tree. I looked at the ground, and saw that it was a long fall, far more than just the two stories. Probably because we were on the highest part of the roof.
Weighing my choices, I knew which one I wanted. All it took was one step, and it would probably be all over. Just one step, and I would be with both Samantha, and Carissa.

I would be happy.
I would be happy.


I brew in a deep breath and started to take a step.

"Don't do it!" came a voice from behind me. I felt someone wrapped their arm around my waist, and pull me a way from my ledge.

"Let me go!" I yelled, I struggled against the person. Several more arms and bodies, grabbed a hold of me, and pulled me back. "Let go!" I called again.

I struggled, giving one last heave, but found that I wasn't strong enough to break through the grasps of five people.

"Pete! Don't be an idiot!" Patrick's voice said by my ear.

"It's too late for that Patrick," Joe's voice said, "He already pushed Samantha."

"Let me go," I roared over the argument. I struggled again, but they all managed to pull be back to the small bathroom window.

"Come on Pete," said Billie's voice. When did he get here? "Come on, don't fuss and no one will get hurt."

"Come on now," Mike's voice said, "You don't want to jump."

"Yes I do," I called, "I want to jump, I have to jump! It won't work unless I jump!"

"He's gone mad," said Andy.

"I'm not mad!" I yelled, "Let me go!"

I don't quite know how, but they managed to get me through the window, and out of the bathroom. Now, I could see everyone. Billie, Mike, Tre, Gerard, Mikey, Frank, Ray, Matt, Bob, Adrienne, Jordan, Jared, Stacy, Rea, and Patrick were all in the hall. Joe and Andy were holding me by my arms, and leaded me down the stairs, and into the living room.
They threw me down on the couch, and, stayed by me, in case I tried to get up, and run. Everyone else, piled into the room.

"What the hell were you doing," Billie said, yelling at me.

"I was only making things better for all of us!" I said.

"What?" Joe looked at me with a puzzled look.

"Pete. Killing someone isn't the answer."

"Killing," I asked, looking into his eyes.

"Yes, killing," he was calmer now for some reason, but the sound of anger and authority were still trapped in his voice, "It's what you tried to do."

"Tried," I was confused, "What happened to her?"

"You pushed her off of the roof," Patrick exclaimed. Looking over at him, I saw that he was crying. My heart practically stopped, "You pushed her off of the God damned roof!" he shuddered with his tears, as Stacy wrapped him in her arms.

"What were you thinking?" Billie asked.

"I was trying to make things better," I repeated, "It's all because of her that we're all miserable." I cried.

"Because of who? Samantha? Pete, Samantha isn't the cause of anything."

"bull shit," I cried, "It's because of her, that my heart is broken! If it hadn't been for her, I wouldn't be in this state right now! If she had just stayed the fuck away from this school, I would have never met her!"

"And if you never met her, then you wouldn't have ever been happy again," said Gerard.

"Shut up you prick!" I yelled.

"Hey," Billie said, raising his hand, "Don't start something else."

"I just wanted things to be okay," I said, new tears sprang into my eyes, "I just wanted things to be okay."

"Killing someone won't do that," Billie said, "Then committing suicide won't help it even more. Think of all of the people you would have hurt if you had jumped. Think of all of the people you have hurt now!"

"Shut the fuck up," I yelled, "I never meant for any of this to happen! I never wanted any of this! I just want things to back to the way they were before!"

"Are you sure you want that," Gerard asked, "Are you sure?"

"I'm positive," I said, "I want don't want this!"

"What about Samantha, she loves you."

"No she doesn't," I yelled, "She doesn't love my like I do her!" I stopped. What did I just say?

"You love her," Joe asked, "And yet you threw her off of a building?"

"Don't," Mike said, hushing him.

"Pete," Billie looked at me.

"Is she...?" I asked. I didn't have to say anything. I knew he knew what I was saying. I knew he knew what the answer was. I knew, "Tell me," I choked, "I want to know, tell me!"

"I'm sorry," was all he said. His eyes dropped to the floor.

My mind started to spin, and my breathing began to quicken. Soon enough, I was hyperventilating. What had I done? What had I done? The tears came, so did all of the sobs. I fell off of the couch, and cried. Sobbing loudly. I had just killed the girl I loved.... Just like Carissa. I had killed the girl I loved.... Just like Carissa.

.:At the funeral:.
.:Third Person/Narrator:.

The members of Fall Out Boy, Green Day, Adrienne, Joey, Jacob, The members of My Chemical Romance, Matt, and Jordan, Stacy, Jared, and Rea all gathered around the coffin, as the priest read out the traditional sayings.

"Ashes to ashes, dusk to dusk...."

Pete tuned out everything, as he felt his heart grow heavier. They began to slowly lower the coffin down into the grave. Pete stepped forward, and placed a bouquet of light pink roses, wrapping with a light pink ribbon. Around the ripping was a small gold chain. The chain was broken at the clasp, but it was still holding together. A small pendant hung off of it. It was a small hear with three small diamonds cut to fit each other in it. The colors were white, pink, and blue.