Status: In Progress

Tea for Two

Chapter Twelve

The rest of November passed uneventfully; by December I was in a relationship with John and I he was everything I needed and more. He was kind, and sympathetic to my social disorder and had no problem in staying in then going to busy nightclubs. The night I told him I wanted to go out to celebrate his win ended with us taking our relationship to the next level and for the first time in almost a year I had found myself being intimate with a man. The memory of Jordan still haunted me every time I talked to Marc or heard about his injury, however I pushed the thought of him out of my mind and focused on John and I.

Christmas rolled around, and I found myself in Singapore spending it with my brother. I flew into the LAX on Thursday, spending the day sleeping in my hotel room. Friday I spent catching up my sister (who had just become engaged to Caleb), before hoping onto another plane and flying to Detroit where I spent New Years Eve with John. We watched the Winter Classic, snuggled up in a hotel room in downtown Detroit. My heart wrenching every time they showed Jordan’s face, he was playing his first game of the year and as much as I wanted to be happy for him I couldn’t be. The next morning we made love before leaving for the airport, me leaving to go back to New York and him to Calgary, not before telling each other “I love you,” for the first time. I truly meant it, and the first time in a long time Jordan was completely out of my mind. Upon John’s return to New York eleven days later we became inseparable, our relationship moving a million miles per hour. It wasn’t a surprise to any of our friends that I moved in with him that weekend.

I travelled with John to Pittsburgh before his game there on the 25th of January where he met my parents; they instantly fell in love with him. Both Evgeni and Sidney where out with injuries, making my chances of having a run in with Jordan slim and I successfully avoided Jordan’s stares when I briefly ran into the Frenchies in the hallway.

During the All-Star break he took me to his hometown Mississauga to meet his parents. Everything was going perfectly, and I was pleasantly surprised when one afternoon when we where walking along the lake he got down on one knee and proposed to me. I of course said yes, glad that my life was moving in the right direction.

My sister was over the moon, not only because she now she had someone to discuss plans with but also because she adored John. He wanted to tell my parents whilst he was there for a game in Pittsburgh, so that is how I again found myself walking through Pittsburgh airport my sister by my side. “Who did you say is picking us up again?” she said pushing her oversized glasses up her nose. “My friends. You’ve met Lauren last year at Giselle Bündchen’s wedding she is her sister,” I said and she nodded, “The other two girls are Vero and Bianca, they are with some of the guys on the Penguins,” I said spotting Lauren running over to her.

“Wow, girl look at you,” she said spinning me around. “You’re happy?” she said somewhat confused and I nodded. The girls in Pittsburgh hadn’t been very welcoming of John when I introduced them to him in January, however accepted the relationship nonetheless. I was a little nervous of what they would think of my news. “Of course I am happy,” I said slapping her playfully, my sister catching up to us.

“Well I hope you don’t mind, but a few of the guys wanted to see you this time so we are going to pop by our house before heading to your hotel,” Vero said as we drove from the airport. I nodded but I heard my sister groan, she could be a real grumpy after any flight.

“Don’t groan Kez, that’s fine though we can stop by quickly I want to be at the hotel when John gets back in. I have news to tell you all too,” I said smiling widely, glad that no one had noticed the ring on my hand.

“THEIR HERE!” I heard yell, and saw Max bound down the stairs pulling me into a hug.

Ahh Karina, we meet again,” he said to my sister kissing her hand. “A ring! Congratulations!” he said hugging my sister who looked awkward; she clearly couldn’t remember him from my birthday. He turned towards me as the rest of the house piled out onto the lawn. “My you look more amazing every time I see you mon cheri,” he said kissing my cheek noisily before bringing my hand up towards his lips. I looked away at his face scanning to see who was going to witness the spectacle.

Pascal, Kris and Marc stood by Vero and her car, the boys sipping on their beers entertained by Max’s actions. Zbyněk hugged Bianca from behind, as did Sidney and Lauren. Geno stood next to a beautiful blonde who I presumed was Oksana, his on again off again girlfriend and then there was Jordan looking better then ever.

What is this?” he whispered holding up my hand to inspect it. “It’s a ring,” I said and Max smile faltered I knew the non-French speaking people where getting annoyed but I continued to let this play out. “It’s very elaborate for a friendship ring?” he said, an unreadable emotion being cast on his face. “That is because it is an engagement ring,” I said loud enough that Vero squealed and Kris chocked on his beer.

“Can someone tell me in ENGLISH what is going on?” Bianca said as Flower smacked Kris on the back. She was clearly fed up not knowing what had caused such a mixed amount of emotions amongst the Frenchies.

“Are you going to tell them?” my sister asked, my silence answered her question so she took this as her lead. “She’s engaged!” squealed causing Lauren to detach herself from a jaw dropped Sidney and sprung onto me. Amongst the congratulations is almost missed the bottle smashing on the pavement, and Jordan slipping into the house. Key word almost.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, who saw that coming? Thought I better leave this little filler for you all to muse over, since it will be a little while until I update again. Got my 21st birthday this week, a music festival and going back to uni. But don't worry I have plans :)

Thanks to the following for the commentsChickydee6
life.in.technicolor
Lacresha
megpie12
Ultraviolet Light
Cupcake1
Janet Crosby x2
reneeanne
unexpected.miracles x 2
Njdevisgurl09
PuertoricanPensfan

How about in celebration of my 21st birthday i get
21 comments? There are 105 subscribers and I would really love to know what your thinking,