Status: In Progress

Tea for Two

Chapter Five

I rushed across the lobby to the street, letting out a sigh of relief when the cold air blasted my face. It was refreshing partly because of my fear of elevators, and partly because Jordan held my hand. I was clearly losing control of the situation at hand; I was not to fall for him. He is a professional athlete and they are all the same. No matter if they are a soccer player or an ice hockey player their egos are bigger then there salaries. Soon the rest of the group joined me and we waited whilst Jordan and Sidney made their way across the lobby. Jordan trying to hide the discomfort his foot was giving him, and failing miserably.

“You know he has a crutch he is supposed to use. He is too proud to actually use it though. He leaves it in his car,” Vero whispered to me. I nodded understanding what she was trying to say and made my way over to them. Smiling and in a bold move for me I took Jordan’s hand in my own, in turn causing Sidney’s face to take upon a look of confusion.

“I left something in the car, can you come with me?” I said simply, somewhat dragging the injured Jordan in the direction of his car before he could reply. “We’ll meet you at the restaurant okay!” I yelled towards Sidney so he wouldn’t worry.

We had rounded the corner to where we parked the car, it was still some distance away and I decided it would be time to ask. “Jord, why aren’t you using it?” I said as if he knew exactly what I was talking about.

“Depends what you’re talking about.”

“I know about the crutch,” I said stopping in my tracks looking him in the eye. I knew he probably saw it as a sign of weakness, but it was for the best. He stopped and looked at me as we got to the car, staring me down as I leant gently on the polished black surface.

“I really don’t need it Lizzy, I am fine see,” he said walking back the direction we came before letting out a grunt of pain.

“Jordan, how do you expect it to heal properly if your not keeping off of it like the doctor said. Yes exercise is probably good, but you need to let it rest too. Lets put it this way, if you don’t unlock this car and use your crutch for the entire night. Then I am definitely not even going to go onto the same block of this night club of yours,” I said triumphantly, and he groaned in annoyance.

“Come on it will make you feel better and you know it,” I said rubbing his shoulder softly, he moved his hand into his pocket and fumbled with his keys before setting off the four orange lights that signalled the doors where open. We walked to the back of the SUV and I opened the door, bending over and picking up the crutch that was hidden amongst the array of hockey gear completely missing the deep throaty groan that escaped Jordan’s mouth. I passed it to him smiling, “See how hard was that.”

“You have no idea,” he replied, causing me to scoff.

“You’re a naughty boy, come on lets get back to the others,” I said making my way towards the restaurant, I felt his hand grasp around my wrist. I was pulled close to his body, and I could feel his breath on my neck and smell his expensive cologne.

“Naughty boys deserve to be punished,” he whispered seductively in my ear, I pushed myself away and marched to the restaurant.

Image


It was a widely known fact that I, Jordan Lee Staal, was a flirt. However not often did it leave me standing alone in an alleyway watching a beautiful woman walk away. I could almost kick myself for getting carried away like that, but I was male and when she bent over well it wasn’t exactly my brain that was doing the thinking. After a moment of dwelling in self-pity, I called out to Lizzy, thankfully she stoped and I walked as fast as I could to reach her.

I finally reached her, and before I muttered a quick sorry we walked to the restaurant in silence. The conversation that took place back at the apartment between Tyler and myself played through my head for the umpteenth time.

First he had the audacity to congratulate me that I had finally got a girlfriend, when he of all people should know Jordan Staal doesn’t do relationships. Then he proceeded to point out that I was jealous which I clearly wasn’t, it is perfectly normal for a guy to not like his male friends whispering things into his female friends ear, that in turn causes them to turn bright red. It is also normal for a guy to feel angered by the same French-Canadian defensemen when he draped his arm casually over his “student’s” shoulder and have her casually lean in closer. I do not get jealous; Kris was just stepping over the line. Then when I told him about me helping her with he anxiety he caught onto my plan and told me to back the fuck off.

Therefore it was no surprise when we reached the restaurant that Tyler sent me a glare when he saw the saddened look that was held on Lizzy’s face. I cursed myself when Lizzy slide into the vacant chair bedside Tanger, I’m definitely going to have to step up my game.

Dinner went by smoothly, it seemed as if Lizzy was enjoying herself then again I could barely understand what she was saying since the entire time she chatted to Kris in French. It had me wishing I took French in high school, as I only understood a few words however I was pretty sure “Ma belle Chérie” was not my dear friend.

I certainly not impressed with how easily she looped her arm around Kris arm as we walked out of the restaurant, or how took the cab to Diesel with him. I hoped into the next taxi that came, along with Sidney and Lauren who took it upon themselves to deliver sickening public displays of affection causing me to scoff.

“Jordan, what the hell is up your ass?” Lauren said as Sidney pushed a piece of hair out of her face.

“Nothing,” I lied, looking out the window.

“I think someone is jealous of a certain French-Canadian defenseman,” Sidney said smiling like he hit the nail on the head.

“Would everyone just calm the fuck down, I am NOT jealous!” I yelled, causing Lauren and Sidney to share a look.

“What ever. If your not jealous you wont care that Kris just kissed Lizzy on the cheek,” Lauren said looking out the front window as we pulled up out front of the club. Kris was holding Eliza by the waist and had placed a sloppy kiss on her cheek. My anger must of shown on my face cause Lauren giggled and sighed, “That’s what I thought.”

We walked into the club, Lizzy was up in the VIP area with Vero whilst Kris was at the bar. I casually made my way over to the bar leaning next to Kris waiting to be served. “Hey, dank you for bringing Liz, she is amazing,” Kris said patting my back, I cringed at the nickname he called her.

“About that,” I said rubbing the back of my neck. “Could you like back off with the flirting,” I said causing him to look at me with eyes raised.

“Woah, you are jealous,” he said smiling at my misfortune, “Tyler said you were just interested in sex, but Vero said otherwise and your face proves ‘er right. Merde, I just lost fifty dollars,” he said laughing as he ordering a round of drinks when the bartender came to us.

“I will back off, but she really doesn’t like you. She is different to most girls Gronk,” he said picking up all the drinks skilfully before walking away.

The night was well underway and most of our friends had up and left to join the crowd on the dance floor leaving me and Lizzy sitting in the booth. I scooted closer to her, wrapping my arm around her shoulders so I could get close enough to talk to her. “I am really sorry for earlier, I was just joking around,” I said my face close to her ear.

“It’s okay, I probably did my whole over reacting thing again. You just make me feel so cheap sometimes Jordan,” she said back, letting off a slight smile, and I nodded noting that for future reference.

“Are you at least having fun?” I asked, she bit her lip nervous about her answer. “It’s fun, but I’ve decided clubs aren’t my scene,” she said into my ear.

“Want to head out then?” She nodded enthusiastically, I caught the attention of Sidney and motioned that I was leaving and he just smiled and nodded. We stepped out of the booth, the alcohol she had consumed had obviously effected more then she let on. I grabbed hold of her hand as we moved through the club and out to the cab that would take us home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this has taken almost a week to post. I've been busy with work and enjoying my Summer holidays. This is sort of a filler chapter, but hope you enjoyed it. Check out my profile for other stories, there is one new one shot, and two coming soon! One is an Evgeni Malkin story and the other will be a Marc-Andre Fleury one. Anyways....

Thank you so much to those of you who have given this story a chance. Thank you to the 41 subscribers, you are truly amazing. Thank you to the following for commenting:
reneeanee, Ultraviolet Light, Renee Letang, megpie12, penschick8771, Lacresha, Janet Crosby , kristinvengeance , unexpected.miracles

Thoughts?