They Call Her Shadowfire

Cage fighting and a new home

She continued to walk around with no destination in mind and after nightfall she had entered the industrial area. She caught the faint smell of blood sweat and beer, it piqued her interest and like any cat she was curious, so she followed the scent to a warehouse that had the lights on and there was a rather large amout of roudy shouting emitting from it. She walked in, the guy at the door looked at her quizically but let her in, turns out the building was host to an underground fight club. The champ fighter was appearently too good and the crowd was starting to grumble in complaint at how good he was, the anouncer was trying to keep them interested and see if anyone else wanted to fight. However the men, which made up the crowd, weren't buying it.
"Maybe they need some fresh blood in the mix!" Taki called from the back, she had crawled up on some crates, that made the entire club go silent and stare at her. She didn't know where her urge to fight came from but she wasn't going to surpress it, instead she accepted it and was going to satisfy it.
"Who're you?" The anouncer asked, clearly surprised by her presence.
"Name's Kat, and I want to fight this so called champ!" She called, deciding to give the second of her three self decided nick-names to the crowd.
"Well then step up, little girl." The slightly drunk champ said, still itching for a fight as he downed another shot of an amber colored hard liquor.
Taki did as he said placing her hair in a bun as she walked, she didn't want it to get in the way, then she unbuckled her backpack and took off her carhartt letterman's. She placed these on the table that was next to the cage door, that was the best way to describe the chain-link fencing that sepereated the fighters from the crowd, she also set down her purse and dettached her house keys...Figuring that this was a no weapons fight.
"No weapons?" The anouncer asked her, taking the mic away from his mouth for a second.
"Only weapons I can't get rid of are my extremeties and my mind." She smart alecked back. He chuckled at this and let her in.
"Now remeber, anything goes and no weapons...Except limbs and minds." He told them over the speakers, causing the crowd to laugh as well. Many of the men had wolf whistled at Taki's body, she was wearing her dance tank underneath her letterman's and they hadn't really seen her without it on until she stepped up into the cage. She of course ignored them and focused on her apponnet, he swung a drunken punch at her. Taki ducked and kicked him in the stomach, he clutched it in pain and Taki grabbed him by the hair before punching him in the nose. He howled in pain, she had boken it, and she let him go, wincing slightly at the sudden loud noise that was so close to her ears.
"You fucking broke my nose!" He informed her as he gingerly felt it, "You'll pay for that bitch!!!" He screamed and charged at her in blind rage.
"Wrong." Kat told him flatly, she could see that he was no longer fit to fight and that she was going to win. She moved just enough so that, instead of hiting her, he was off balanced. She took this oppertunity to elbow him in the back and grabbed both of his wrists, bringing his arms up behind him and her foot in the middle of his back. "I win." She confirmed to the drunk hanging his head in defeat and the crowd going wild.
"That was some pretty good fighting, Kat Lynch." The owner of the club commented as Taki gathered up her things, and her prize money.
"It's Tsukishiro now, I'll have to get my name altered, but thanks." Taki said simply, her accent back to her Austrailian one. "Do you take resident fighters?" She asked him, she had noted the second floor and how her apponnet had dissapeared up there after their fight.
"Yes we do, were you looking to become one?" He asked her.
"Only until I start to cost you money, then I'm gone...No use in me staying if you can't make a profit off of me." She told him, noting how pleased he had looked at the amount he had made that night with lost bets.
"Sound like an excelent buissness proposition, your in. Follow me." He told her, liking her idea, he was a buissness man and she had made him an incrediable deal. Let her fight and gain money off of her and in return all she wanted was a place to stay and a payroll, he could do that. He lead her to the second floor which was set up as a place for the fighters to relax, sleep, and eat. where there would have been an office was a bathroom that had shower stalls, a couple of sinks, and other typical stuff for a bathroom that was to be shared by more than two or three people. "Alright, listen up! Kat here has just become a resident like the rest of you. treat her with as much respect as you show each other and me, after all she did just beat Marcus our former champ." The owner barked at the men.
"Sure thing Mac. But ain't it a little odd that a sixteen-year-old girl--" A Dwain Johnson lool-a-like started.
"Nineteen. I'm nineteen, not sixteen." Taki interupted, to the visible shock all those around her.
"Excuse me, nineteen-year-old girl, who looks as pure as she does, is becoming a resident?" The look-a-like continued, he at least knew what it was like to be mistaked for something that you're not.
"A little, yes. However she did ask to become a resident, so she obviously has no place to go and from her dress I would say that she's new to the Big Apple as well." Mac, the owner, replied as he placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. all of the men were at least six feet in height and were muscular, Taki looked and felt small compared to them.
'What have I gotten myself into? All these men are huge compared to me...No sense in turning back now.' She thought as she eyed all the men, "Is it that obvious that I'm not from here?" She asked in general, her voice going soft and feminnen plus her accent changed to make her sound slightly british.
"Yeah, but what's up with you voice and accent? You sound like you came from England." The look-a-like asked, the others weren't paying attention anymore and had gone back to what they were doing before hand.
"I don't really know, my voice tends to do that of it's own accord, however I should pick up the generic New York accent soon. Ah here it is, anyways my accent and speech depth never settled into one particular range so my voice will do starnge things at times." Taki explained, her New Yorker accent finally developing.
"Ah, well, welcome to the only residential undergrond fight club. I'm Mathias, by the way." He told her, flashing her a million dollar smile.
"Thanks. So...Where's my cot?" Taki asked, for that's what the beds were, and everyone who heard laughed.