Status: Active.

Endless Winter

.000

It was known for being unexpected. You could even go as far as saying it was ironic. It wasn't something you could have predetermined in your head. It was once a beautiful mansion and a host to many wonderful parties and gatherings. It stood arrogantly above the tops of trees, for it was clearly far superior than all that surrounded it. It had been beautifully crafted, with care and love put into the placing of every piece of wood. It was polished and scrubbed from the highest shingle to the first cement block of its foundation. However, when it was suddenly left to fend on its own, it fell into a slump. The paint chipped and faded. The roof leaked. The inside became dusty and cold and damp. Mold grew around the walls and closets. It was no longer loved. Now, It sat and watched as the parties and gatherings happened all around it. It laid in its own melancholy cloud of loneliness. It loomed behind a forest of dense rotting oak trees, hiding itself from the world.

No one would be so bold as to go near it in it's abandonment. It was the creepy house of the small town and no one would dare cross it. The few who knew of it's true story felt a pang of sympathy when passing it by. Others made a point to walk faster when they were forced to walk along it. It's broken windows and moldy walls kept even adventurous teenagers from coming to near.

In it's brokenness it appeared to be completely deserted, however, this lonely home was not an orphan. Despite popular belief, it was not condemned. Though it had been a period of time since she had last visited, she was almost proud to say the creepy old house on the hill belonged to her.

She, like the house was unexpected, and so by default, they became a pair. She was tall, raven haired, and lost. Her windows were shattered and her paint was chipped, but on the inside she was fairly well kept. Strong willed with a strong heart, she lived her life as an orphan, only surviving because of her stubborn need to continue on. She and this house shared a dark, secretive past. Her childhood, though wonderful before her fourteenth year, had been clouded by a terrible unsolved mystery of four years, the disappearance of her parents.

No one knows what happened to them or why it happened to them. Most haven't even heard. They just went up and vanished into thin air. She spent two years of her orphaned life trying to uncover their whereabouts and each time she turned up with nothing. Maybe every other girl would've given up, but she was determined, her resolve could not be faltered in anyway. But she grew tired over the years. Too tired to even rebel against her foster parents. Eventually her parents were just declared dead and the case file was closed. Four years of searching and she still had nothing leaving her lonely and without closure.

Since her parents had made no will everything was to be returned to her on her eighteenth birthday, which was thankfully, this very day. Four years of searching, waiting, and hoping lead her to this house, her house. Exactly where she began.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah i know it's short, but it's just the beginning. Comments are appreciated!

--MAPPIE