Status: Active :)

Sweetheart, I'm Sorry but You're Not the First

Girl, It Takes Two Just To Feel Alright...

*John's POV*

I watched as MacKenzie and Daisy walked away from the park. Daisy was adorable, she looked just like me. I was pretty upset that Kenzie was never planning on telling me about the wonderful thing we'd created but I guess it's what I deserved it for being such a dick all those years back. I knew it was my fault but it was just so much easier to blame MacKenzie for all my failures.

I slowly walked home slowly even though I knew my mom was expecting me for dinner. I had just gotten off a six month tour and so she wanted to have a family dinner to celebrate my return. I had been excited to spend some quality time with my family but now i knew about Daisy I knew i would feel like part of my family was missing at that table. I eventually made my way through the back door and into the kitchen, my mother scowled at me for being late but fortunately didn't say anything, instead she just sat down with the rest of the family who waited for me to take my seat.

"So John, how was tour?" My mother asked as everyone started digging into the food. It was delicious as usual and much better than any of the food i had eaten on tour, restaurants get tiring after awhile believe it or not.

"It was fine" I curtly responded before taking another bite of my pasta.

"Hook up with any hot chicks?" My younger brother Ross joked from across the table while my mother turned to glare at him. i cracked a smile before answering,

"Not this time little brother, but I did see MacKenzie Schafer at the park today while I was on my walk..."

"Noo way, she was always such a babe! I don't know why you ever broke up with her JohnOhh" Ross replied before my mom.

"She was always such a nice girl, too bad she moved after you guys broke up. I always thought you two would end up giving me grandchildren" She said with a smile as I practically choked on my food.

"What's wrong there son? Go down the wrong pipe?" My dad asked noticing my discomfort.

"Uhh yeah" I responded once I was able to swallow my food. I knew they could see right through my awkward dismissal and everyone at the table was looking at me with questioning eyes.

"John, what's going on?" My mother asked, concern filling her voice.

"Nothing mom, everything's fine. Just some stuff came up when I was talking to Mac" I tried to explain without giving away that she was a grandmother.

"Like what?" She asked, prying like she usually does.

"Nothing really just Daisy" I said, being cryptic on purpose. I honestly didn't want to tell her yet but I had basically already dug myself the grave.

"Like the song?" Shane cut in saving me for awhile longer.

"Yeah ShaneOhh, just like the song" I said, I did not want to talk about this any longer. I knew that once my mom knew about her she would want me to bring her over and meet her and all that jazz. I didn't want that because in reality I wanted to be able to know her before everyone else in my family did. It wasn't fair that I had only gotten those maybe fifteen minutes with her out of the entire time she's been alive. Hell, even before she was actually alive and when she was just in Kenzie's stomach I would have loved to know her.

"Why were you and Kenzie talking about a song you wrote for her like forever ago?" Shane asked. i didn't know what to say but i figured that it was as good a time as any to tell them about her.

"We weren't talking about the actual song, we were talking about our daughter...whose name is Daisy." At that moment everything went quiet and I heard my mom gasp before dropping her fork on the plate, making a loud clanking sound.

"Your daughter?" My dad asked, I could tell he was hoping he didn't hear me correctly.

"Yeah, my daughter. She's six and looks just like me, O'Callaghan green eyes and all." Even though i hadn't known her long at all i was so proud to be able to call her mine, she was an O'Callaghan and even if MacKenzie never let me see her again she would always be my little girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading :)

This is actually my favorite story to write right now because i have so many ideas for this :) :)
Comment and Subscribe pleasee! <33