Now That It's Morning

1/2

“I’m not doing it!” I snapped at him, wanting him to just shut his big damn yap.

“Please. You did it last time and everything turned out fine,” he kept poking, following me deeper into my apartment.

“NO!” I snapped turning around so that he could see how serious I was.

He stared back at me for a few seconds. The look in his piercing, yet calming blue eyes changed, resembling that of a damn puppy that you just couldn’t resist giving attention to. I felt like I should coo at him and ruffle my fingers through his spiky dark hair.

“Pwease?” he pouted this time, puckering those plump lips of his out.

“I hate being a trigger object, Zak,” I groaned while letting my head fall back, knowing I had just lost this battle.

“Aw, Molls, you know you love it,” he grinned brightly. “If it brothers you to be called a trigger object, then just say you’re part of the investigation. When’s the next time something will come up this close to home?” he went on.

“Zak,” I sighed, wanting so bad to defuse this situation.

“We’ll be together all night. I won’t let anything happen to you,” he kept going.

“But… the last time I helped you guys… something fallowed me back from the lockdown,” I said in a voice nothing above a whisper.

The look in his face fell. He knew all about this. He knew I wanted nothing to do with his little ghost hunting adventures anymore. I’ve been to many lockdowns before, but I just had to go with him when they went to Bobby Mackey's Music World in Kentucky… something followed me back to my hotel room. I went running over to Zak’s room and refused to leave his side. Ever since that day, I told him I wasn’t doing another investigation with them… no matter what!

“Nick and Aaron will be there. You can stay by my side all night. I promise not to leave you. And then when we leave in the morning, you can come home with me,” he told me with sincerity in his eyes… and I hated it!

“Zackary,” I sighed once again, but this time through a smile.

“I knew you would,” he grinned in a slightly cocky way. “Get ready. We have to be there in an hour,” he went on, giving me a playful shove down to my room.

I stomped the rest of the way to my room and changed before I went back out to him. I wasn’t excited for tonight. Even though I don’t even know where we’re going, I’m terrified. Zak could sense it too. As we were headed to lockdown with Nick driving and Aaron in the passenger seat, leaving Zak and I in the second seats of the van, he reached over and held onto my hand.

“I’ll be ok,” he whispered to me through a smile.

I just sighed, making him scoot over closer to put his beefy, warm arm around me. As he started rubbing my upper arm, my smile fought its way over me. Once I brought my eyes up to his, he grabbed onto his earbud that wasn’t in his right ear to place it in mine. Right away, his beloved techno music that gets him hyped up for his long nights filled my ears. It put me a little more at ease for the reminder of our journey… to hell.

We actually pulled up this huge abandoned house. It looked old too… old and spooky. I didn’t like this at all. I honestly thought about running back to the safety of my home, but before I could even think twice about it, Zak hooked his arm around me, leading me and the rest of the crew inside. I was not ready for this.

Zak told me to sit down and chill out while they got all of their equipment sat up. He even left his iPod, filled with all of his ‘pump up’ music. I smiled as I shuffled through all of his crazy tunes. It got me a little excited for tonight.

“We’re locked in,” Zak grinned while walking back to me.

“What? Now? It’s not even dark out yet,” I shot at him.

“You weren’t kidding when you said she’s freaked out,” Aaron snickered.

“Shut up, Aaron. Go do your dumb big stepping,” I yelled at him, making the other two boys chuckle.

“She’s my buddy tonight,” Zak spoke up, placing his large hand no my shoulder, sending a wave of electricity through me.

“That’s code for ‘trigger object’,” I spoke up, making air quotes as I spoke.

“The people we talked to say that these sprits tend to… taunt woman with long brown hair,” he finally told me.

“Oh, thanks. I feel so special that, out of all the woman you guys know, I was the one that was picked,” I muttered.

“Nothing’s going to happen to you, Molls,” Zak assured me while rubbing my shoulders now.

I just shook my head and relaxed a bit before things got serious… and scary. I should be a little more trusting of Zak. Just because of that one little incident, I shouldn’t be all negative about this. I’ve been to many lockdowns with these boys. So far, I haven’t been attacked like they have. Plenty of voices have been heard, but nothing physical. Lets hope tonight doesn’t start any of this.

As we waited for the sun to go completely down, I was handed an EVP detector to shove in my pocket, ready for use, and a video camera. Once this was done… the lights went out, night vision was on, and all I had to see was this tiny little LCD screen.

“Zak, your butt looks cute in night vision,” I teased, trying to make light of this heavy, heavy thing that we were about to embark on.

“My butt looks cute all the time. What the hell are you talking about?” he chuckled.

“Now we know if Zak’s ass gets grabbed tonight, it wasn’t a ghost. It’s Molly,” Nick teased.

I shot a look at them even though they couldn’t see it. They all shared a round of laughs before we started walking. The more we walked along the creepy lower level, I just felt uneasy about anything and everything. It just felt like people were watching me. The boys were voicing this too, making me a little at ease. I’m not completely paranoid.

Apparently we were going to be split up tonight for the whole night. Nick and Aaron were downstairs. Zak and I got the upstairs that, supposedly, had the most activity in it… peachy.

“You doing ok?” Zak asked while we walked into the pitch-black master bedroom.

“Yeah,” I pushed out through a heavy sigh.

“You’re ok. I’m not going to let anything happen to you,” he replied softly while hooking an arm around my shoulders. “But no matter what happens, I need you to keep rolling. Ok? Don’t run. Just stay here with me,” he went on, leading me over to a piece of furniture and had me sit down.

“Ok,” I told him, taking in another breath.

I saw his smile fill the screen as he walked over and sat down on a chair. We both went on to get our EVP detectors out. Here we go. After he stated where we were, he started asking his normal questions. Nothing happened… thank god! But after he asked why ‘they’re’ tormenting people in here, a shock of coldness came over me, causing goose bumps to pop up all over my body. I didn’t want to say anything since Zak didn’t seemed phased, but I knew I had to.

“Zak…” I started, seeing my breath through the screen.

“What?” he asked quickly.

“I have chills all over my body right now,” I told him.

“Is that you? Are you touching that gorgeous brown haired girl across from me?” he asked.

Damn Zak! Don’t provoke it to me! But then, I swear I heard whispers behind me. It was loud enough to make me jump. It took everything I had not to go running out of that room. I had no idea what it said, but it scared the crap out of me. Once I flipped the camera around to see if it was Nick or Aaron being smartasses, I found… there was nothing there.

“Did you hear that?” I shot at him.

“Yeah, it was loud too,” he started as he pushed himself to his feet.

He went on to walk in the direction that we both heard the voices. I really, really didn’t want to, but I… followed him to the bathroom. It was freezing in here. Zac looked around with his EVP and EMF detector. Apparently the EMF was spiking, but the only thing we felt was chills.

“Can you see the goose bumps I have right now?” he asked turning his arm so I could capture it.

I hate it when Zak gets goose bumps. He’s used to all of this crazy stuff. When he gets goose bumps, something’s definitely going on. But after he said that, the chills slowly faded, taking our goose bumps with them.

“Ok, Molls, I want you to do something,” he told me.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was supposed to be a one shot, but it got way too long. 8 pages in MS Word lol
So i broke it up a little :)