Status: A work in progress, Drop in and tell me how im doing!

Like Beautiful Stories the Greatest Chapters Flew Right By

You’re the broken glass in my life

italics - Matss Pov. Normal - April

I put the car into first gear. “All im saying was her turkey… nearly not as good as mine, don’t you think?”
“Yeah Val” I smiled looking to my wife.
I pulled out of Brian and Michelle’s huge drive, waving them goodbye as we went, Val leant over and turned the radio on to some cheesy Christmas tune show.
“She didn’t even have sprouts!” she exclaimed her hands going in the air, I chuckled slightly
“You don’t even like sprouts babe” I kissed her hand my eyes coming off the road for a millisecond.


I Ran along the pathway, my heart pounding in my ears. By god it’s been a long time since I’ve gone for a run. I’ve just moved to Cali from England for a new job in the record industry and a new change in scenery I guess. I looked right then left, the road seemed clear I made a short jog across the road.

I looked up only too late. With a sickening thump the person hit the car, the windshield cracking and smashing slightly, I swerved in shock. I stomped on the break and just sat there… this could not be happening. Val started sobbing uncontrollably “Babe ring Brian” what was he gunna do? Nothing, but we were still in his road. She nodded and went to reach for her phone.
Slowly reality hit me.
“Shit the kid!” I jumped out running towards the person. “I’m so, so sorry really I am! Are you okay? Do you need a paramedic?”


I groaned slightly, boy did my side hurt. “Do you need a paramedic?” I noticed some guy kneeling beside me,
“what? No! Im fine” I started to try and get up, but the man placed a hand on my shoulder
“I don’t think you should be getting up” he spoke sceptically. Truth be told I was fine, for a while in England I was a first aid cadet moving on for basic training to become a paramedic, nothing felt broken and I don’t think I was knocked out.
“Dude what happened!?” Some other guy came running up to us, all covered in tattoos and wearing a sleeveless shirt, his hair spiked up.
“I don’t know I was driving and then I didn’t see her.”
“Well did you call an ambulance?” he raised an eyebrow and knelt down next to me
“she said she was fine…” he mumbled. I raised my shirt to inspect the damage whilst these two talked about irresponsible the driver was; a huge red mark, with dark purple patches was forming just below my ribs, I looked to my arm noticing a red sparkle, blood.
“Shit! Are you okay?” new guy asked me, I nodded trying to find the source of the bleeding.
“If you don’t want an ambulance at least come back to my place and get cleaned up” I nodded pretty much still in auto pilot.
“wait!” they both turned to look at me, “I can’t go to a strangers place if I don’t even know their names…” they both raised their eyebrows,
“I’m Brian and the guy that hit you is Matt… how long you lived in Cali…” I smiled slightly but regretting it after a pain shot through my temple.
“A few weeks, thought I would get fit as im not training anymore... must be a sign to stop trying to keep fit.” I laughed trying to lighten the mood. Matt turned away looking disgusted, well… that didn’t work.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story tell me what you think!

Title credit - Mcr - Save yourself i'll hold them back.