Status: Hiatus?

Enchant Me, Please

Oliver

Why did I feel disappointed that I was being left alone by myself? I never felt that way before now.

Normally, I enjoyed just hanging out with me, myself, and I. Living with a sibling and being shipped off to boot camp, it was rare that I had the chance. Back then, I loved being independent. It was my own little idea of freedom.

Now, I was feeling… I’m not even sure of what I’m feeling. Was it loneliness? Abandonment? All I knew was that it definitely wasn’t good.

Thinking back to the conversation with Chris, the music in the background kept blasting. Whoa! Hold up, Chris was going to the amusement park with Vicky? By themselves? Were they dating or something? Ah… Shit.

Questions just kept flying through my head.

I didn’t notice that a shaking fist replaced my relaxed hand. Slowly, I unclenched my fingers and sighed. What was wrong with me?

“Ugh…”

I decided that sitting around moping was useless.

I quickly changed into a new set of clothes before going into the bathroom and looking into the mirror. I turned my head to the left and then to the right as I sighed.

Running a hand through my hair, I figured that I looked alright for now.

I guess it’s time to see how things change over time.

5 mins later~

Heh, Starbucks is still here.

But of course, when I was 10, I just passed it without any care.

“Oliver, is that you?”

It was a girl. She looked familiar but I couldn’t remember her name.

“Hey…”

“It’s Annalise!”

“Wow, Annalise, you look so different.”

She gave me a hug.

Annalise used to be in my class and a part of my gang, but she was extremely quiet. Before she was the ugly duckling, now, she was like a beautiful swan.

“I know.”

She smiled a knowing smile and I chuckled.

“How’s the gang? Still causing trouble or are they trying to fit in society?”

I snickered at that thought.

“They’re still trying to rule the world with no avail.”

“That doesn’t surprise me. They’re crazy but I miss them.”

“Well you should visit them sometime.”

She took a pen out of her bag and wrote down her number of one of the napkins on a table.

“Here, call me whenever you have time to hang out.”

With that, our conversation ended and she took that as her chance to leave.

“Wait a second…”

She turned back to me with her eyebrow arched.

“Yes?”

“Want to go to the amusement park with me? Going by myself just seems depressing.”

She smiled.

“Sure, it’s been a while.”

I didn’t even know why I asked her to come along but hey, I was trying to convince myself that I wasn’t just going there to spy on my brother. Bringing a girl along helped me with that idea even if it was kinda stupid.

“Do you know where it is?”

I smiled nervously.

“Nope.”

She rolled her eyes and connected her hand to mine.

“Come on, I’ll show you where it is.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ellos! How do you do, dear readers?
I'm the new Co-Writer for now until Tippin. gets bored of me.
And until then, I'd be writing my heart out.
<3