Status: Slowly Active.

My Soul to Take.

Welcome To Forks.

As much as this was my idea as my fathers, I couldn't bring myself to face the regret to depart from my lastest city—to a small wet town. Population three thousand one hundred twenty; this is where I'm moving.

It's under a near constant cover of ugly grey clouds, the rare sunny day doesn't happen much until the summer rolls along—unfortunatly for us, we've just moved and it's the middle of winter.

Merry Christmas.

The sleek black car rolled into a driveway clear of potholes, a first. Instead of getting out and smiling like he usually did, my father—Daniel Bass—looked over at me with a timid expression.

"When we agreed to moving here, you promised you would try to handle the fact that this isn't a crowded city with hot sun." He pointed out, closing his dark eyes.

"I did," I agreed. "But I never said I had to like it." I pushed open the door and pulled my hood over my tangled hair. My bag slung over my shoulder as I fumbled with the backseat luggage—Dan and I always had our furniture sent over before we actually arrived to the house. This house however wasn't as big as our other ones—for once I was grateful. I heard Dan sigh dramatically from inside the pretty black car and then his door slammed shut as I opened our new one.

Everest green walls lined with silver and black, the carpet a tasty grey and our appliences already in a beautiful arrangment. The house didn't have many floors—it was mainly two floors; it had around ten stairs to where the only upstairs room. "Your stuff's upstairs." Dad said behind me.

"Of course," I rolled my eyes. Dad works at the post office here now, and he enjoys doing his work at home most nights, so I tend to keep to myself unless needed.

Dragging the heavy suitcase behind me, I trudged up the carpeted stairs to the tiny room. My bed sat against the back wall, in the middle and on either side were either a desk for work or an old armchair that I hadn't much use for. The ceiling slanted—lower by the standered closet that was more or less an inch or two taller then myself and rose higher as it neared the picture window that had a very convinent booth with a drawer.

I tossed my bag on the fuzzy floor by my bed and popped open the trunk. Inside I pulled out my tattered blue comforter and messily arranged it on my bed. No use in making it perfect when I'll sleep in it anyways. I didn't bother doing much after that, except going on a hunt to find the bathroom.

"Dad—"

"Off the kitchen, by the storage!"

I shoved my bag into one of the top compartments of the cabinet, marking it with a black marker, "Charlotte."

"Settled then?" Dad asked, standing in the doorway of the bathroom.

I shook my head, tucking my hair behind my ear, "Not yet. I'll just unpack my clothes tomorrow. No pressure, right?"

"You have that.. thing.."

I stopped and looked up from my seat on the edge of the bathtub, "You didn't.. I thought we weren't going to make me start until we were actually unpacked!"

"Sorry, but as soon as word got in that we were moving in, the school called and asked if you would attend." He sighed and ran a hair through his unkept hair, "I couldn't refuse. They were so nice—please, Charlie. Try."

"Dad—"

A loud crash from somewhere off in the house caught our attention. Instead of ignoring it like we usually did, we both sprinted off to find that one of our unpacked boxes had indeed toppled off the small counter onto the floor.

"We'll have to go buy new dishes, I'm afraid.." Dad said quietly, bending to pick up the broken white glass.

"I'll go."

"Don't you have unpacking to do? And I'm sure they won't let you off easy on your first day.."

"Would you prefer to eat off the floor?"

He scoffed, "Not likely."

"Then I'll go, alright?" He nodded in avail and sent me off for sleep.

Instead of jumping into the 'oh-so-inviting-warm-bed' I grabbed a book from my bag and sat on the booth and read.

I'd always thought myself to be misunderstood; and today I knew my life wouldn't be the same. Mom was gone, and we left home.

Home.

Such a beautiful word for a place that holds no use for me anymore. I held onto a thin rope, my hands burning and aching. Relief from the pain; the loss of Marianne Bass had brought my world tumbling down.

Quiet, shy, unsure and unsteady would I roam the new found place that would turn into home.

-

When the sun rose a little over the towers of houses, I sunk further into my pillow—dreading to even lift my head far enough off the warm surface to groan. I tried, it muffled by the lack of air.

Last night's events came crashing back, the rain had pour in size of golf balls, the tree's whipped around and the thunder was loud enough to make a child deaf. I wondered how any sane person could live in this town without having the urge to wear more then three pairs of earmuffs to bed.

Including earplugs.

"Charlie!" Dad's frame thumped down the hall, the door swung open and he walked in. His hair no much different from last nights attair, his face however held the slight stuble that I always found attractive on any male. He rubbed his chin tiredly and glanced at me. "Out. Now." He grumbled.

"To early,"

"Charlotte Bass." He threatened, "Get out of that bed or I'll drag you from it."

I rolled my eyes and sat upright, stretching out my arms, "Do I have to go to school? I can't stick around and help—"

He walked away shaking his head as he went, "Your going!" Is the last thing he said before he disappered from sight. I hung my head as I threw my legs off the bed, my sheet following as I stumbled towards the closet. Popping open the trunk, I pulled out a pair of faded jeans and a red v-neck sweater. I slipped the jeans on and threw my night shirt into the corner. "Hey Charlie!"

"Changing!" I shouted, fixing the sleeves over my arms.

As I bounded down the stairs, Dad looked up at me with a smile, "You look good, I like that sweater on you."

I nodded, "The jeans are a little old," I mused, pulling them further up my backside. Dad snorted a laugh and handed me a cup filled with clear substance. I downed the water, and thanked him before rushing back up stairs to comb my hair through. Messy ringlets, not tight and not even close to frizzy. When I found out we were moving to Forks, I bought myself an ugly blue jacket that looked along the lines of a jean jacket, only worse.

My shoes took a while to find, but eventually I managed to get then on and be out the door in time to have dad say, "I'm driving you this morning!"

Once in the car, he began to rant on about his employer; first day on the job, first day at work. Hungry and tired, I fiddled around with the knobs on the car, in hopes of finding something—anything to listen to. Of course, we were out of range from Seattle, and Fork's didn't run a radio station. "You remember that nice couple that visited a while back? In Mahatten?"

I nodded, "Uh huh." I muttered.

He relaxed a little, "Well, their daughter attends this school."

I looked up a little hopeful, "Vasilisa?" He nodded, turning on the heat in the car.

"You two seemed to get along well." He mused, pulling up into the school parking lot. It was still a little early, enough time to get my schedule and blend in. I hoped, at least. "She's supposed to meet you by the front office," He said, pulling up to the curb. I grabbed my bag from my feet and sighed, looking out at the other students.

"I'll see you when I get back from the store after school, alright?" My words were rushed, but it was the first day and I was the new kid. School had started a few months ago, and it was cold enough that the snow would start—but it was raining till then.

"Have a good day!" Dad smiled, then drove off just as I shut the car door. Looking around, other students didn't seem to notice my presense.. Good. I pulled my hood over my head and stumbled over to the building and ran into a familiar blonde.

"Charlotte!" She sighed happily.

"Hey, Lissa."

Vasilisa was much like myself; keeping away from others, but sometimes not all that quiet. Her blonde hair and pale blue eye's were beautiful, everything I've ever wanted. "I've already talked to Miss. Hemmingway, she said that she'll have your papers ready in a moment."

"Thanks," I breathed, re-adjusting my bag over my shoulder. "How're your parents?" I asked, looking at my shoes.

She quieted a little and leaned against the wall, "Their better then before, I guess. I never expected them to get along after what happened, but I'm surprised we've gone this far." She said, running a hand through her hair.

"That's good to hear." I mused.

"What about your dad? He still good?"

"He's still dancing." I nodded, adding a little sigh at the end. She laughed quietly at my remark and smiled at me.

"I'm so glad your here. It's nice to know one person."

I breathed in heavily, "Yeah, totally." I looked around at the busy students running to get out of the rain, "I don't think I'd survive."

She patted my back and led me into the blue coloured office, "Miss. Hathaway, I told you to wait until Miss. Bass arrived—Oh, hello." The bright red headed female smiled up at me from her desk, "Your Charlotte Bass, I spoke with your father yesterday."

"So he's told me." I muttered.

"I've got your schedule and map here," She handed me the papers and I looked over them with little interest; double English, Calculus, History, Biology, gym and homeroom (add in lunch between english and history.) She coloured the best routes to each class and sent me off to English.

Lissa walked with me until we reached my building, then she waved and left me. I entered the room behind two students, a male and a female. The female was blonde, pale and beautiful. The male was taller, with bronze, tousled hair and equally pale skin. He turned to look at me with a curious glance then looked away as he took his seat next to a burly male with blonde curls.

"You must be Miss. Bass," I turned to look at the blonde haired teacher. He was a little hunched over, "Mr. Gropp." I shook his out stretched hand. "You'll be sitting next to Miss. Cullen—Rosalie!"

The pretty blonde girl raised her hand a little and grimaced as a student passed her. I walked over slowly, glancing at the excited students as they rambled on about the expected snow. I sat down, not bothering to make eye contact with the blonde haired male next to me. Both of them went rigid as I sat and breathed heavily.

The female's eye's were harsh and dark but she managed a small smiled, "Hello."

"Hi." I murmured, dropping my bag to the ground.

She moved to stare at the top of her desk, "When did you move into town?"

I almost wanted to roll my eyes, why she wanted to make conversation with me when she sounded rude was beyond my wildest thoughts, "Yesterday, actually."

"You aren't settled?" She asked, turning to look at me.

I shook my head, "Most of our boxes haven't arrived yet." I spoke quietly, shrugging back into my chair.

"You sound dissapointed." She mused, scowling at a piece of stray hair that had fallen loose from it's bun.

I chuckled darkly, "I am."

"Because?"

"I had to get up after driving all day and come to a beauitful place I like to call hell." I grimaced and tucked my bangs behind my ear. Though her snort matched her pinched face, she managed to squeeze in a small smile.

"My family likes to move around alot. We're only in one place for.. two, maybe three years." She mumbled, tracing patterns on the desk. "I have a large family—we're all very different, but very much alike aswell."

"Large family?" I asked, "Can't be that big."

"There's seven of us in total; my foster parents, my three brothers, my sister and myself."

"Wow." I muttered. "Must be nice, having a family like that."

She looked up at me with a careful stare, "Sometimes. But I'd like to think that most people are grateful for their life," She stared off again, her gaze longing, "Even if it mean's not having everything you wanted."

"Understandable." I agreed, facing the blonde teacher. He'd dived into a large lecture about an upcoming book project on Romeo and Juilet. His writing structure was far different from what I was used to, but I was sure I could manage to straddle on in time. By the time the bell had rung, my hand hurt from the 'light' writing session he forced upon us.

I didn't bother saying good-bye to Rosalie as she left the classroom behind the bronze and blonde haired males. I figured they were two of her three 'brothers' and decided on maybe leaving the aggorant to themselves. My mind travelled else-where as Vasilisa rose into view and rambled on about our shared class; Calculus.

"You'll love Ms. Labouf; she's strict but has her moments."

"Brilliant." I muttered rolling my eyes.

Inside the small classroom, I noticed the same blonde male from my last class sitting next to a smaller girl with pixie like hair.

As the day went along, I found myself getting used to names; Jessica, Mike and Eric. The blonde haired male and pixie cut girl were Rosalie's foster sibilings, Alice and Jasper. Lunch strolled around and just as I sat with Vasilisa at an isolated table in the far corner of the room, I noticed that I'd forgotten my Pepsi sitting with Mike.

"I'll be right back," I promised, stumbling out of my seat and over to the center of the room where Mike, Jessica, Eric, Angela and the other new girl Bella sat. "Hey, Mike." I said, grabbing the Pepsi bottle with a tight grasp.

"Charlotte! Come sit with us!" He smiled, his baby cheeks rounding cutely but I shook my head at his offer.

"I'm sitting with my friend. Sorry."

"Better luck next time, Mike." Eric muttered, picking at his salad.

"I'll see you later though, right?"

I laughed, "I'm not dissappearing anywhere, Mike."

"Who're they?" I heard Bella ask.

I looked up just as the Cullens took their place at the table futher into the back of the room; away from everyone else.

"The Cullens." I breathed, watching them all just stare at the walls and pick at their food.

"You.. know them?" She asked, folding her arms on the table, leaning in with interest.

"I know Rosalie and Jasper a little—Alice and I never got a chance to talk and I don't know the other two males." I admitted, dropping my gaze from them just as the burly one with black hair caught my eyes. He turned to Alice and muttered something. She looked over at me (well, they all looked over at me) and she smiled.

"That's Emmett and Edward—Emmetts the more muscular one." Jessica sighed. "Don't try and move in on him though; Rosalie and him have a thing."

"Wasn't planning on it." I said flatly, keeping strict eye contact with all of them.

"Isn't that illegal?" Bella muttered.

"Well.. yeah, but their not actualy related."

"Still.."

"I think I shoulder get back to my friend," I said quickly, before I was pulled into the throng of this conversation.

"Yeah, nice talking to you." Angela whispered, throwing me a big smile. I retreated back to my seat next to Vasilisa while watching the Cullen's. Their eye's followed me as I moved, until I sat down and looked at Lissa.

"Took you long enough,"

"I've been slower." I muttered, twisting the cap off the bottle with ease. "I'm already looking forward to getting home—nevermind that." I dropped my head down onto the table and groaned lightly.

"Uh.."

"I've got to drop by the store tonight, do you think you could come along?" I asked, my hopes high for a friend.

She looked away and frowned, "I'd like to, but I can't."

I sighed again.

"I really am sorry! But Mum wants me to help out with her paper work."

"No, no. It's alright."

I picked at my basket of fries and shouved a few in my mouth. Glancing up, the table two back had shifted their gazes to the walls again—except for two. Alice and Edward. Their eye's almost black continued to watch me as I studied them. Alice was short, pretty, pixie like black hair with a pinched nose and a cheery smile. Edward, on the other hand, has tousled bronze hair with deep set eyes and thin, strong lips. His skin was ghost pale—all of their skin was. His gaze held mine for a moment; instead of looking away, he shamelessly stared back with interested eyes.

They were cold, and harsh and yet they were carefully gentle at the same time.

"You better finish that—classes will start soon." I pulled away, and looked down at the half eaten plate of fries. I shoved a mouthful in my mouth, ignoring the burning sensation, my tongue screaming, I took a healthy swing from the Pepsi and sighed.

"I'd like to go now, if that's alright with you." I murmured, standing up so my tray was balanced on my arm.

"Of course," She muttered, standing after me in a hurry. Walking past the table, I kept my eye's down and briskly set my tray on the counter and stalked off with Valsilisa trailing behind.

But those eyes; so dark, so heavy and so captivating.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I was never an Edward Cullen fan, but I decided I might like him a little more after reading. Alot of people go by what they look like in the more recent Twilight flims, so I've decided you should all look at them from their Twilight (2008) version. Much better; and if you could, re-read Twilight. (:

much love, aliyah xoxo