Status: Slowly Active.

My Soul to Take.

Double Meaning.

I walked the entire way to the store; it wasn't far, but the rain hadn't let up and my rain coat could only keep so much rain from hitting me. I decided I could cook tonight—hambugers and poutines sounded wonderful. I didn't get a cart. My basket's contents consisted of marble cheese, milk, eggs, ground beef (a few pounds of it) and a box set of plates and bowls. Dad and I didn't need much; shopping for little things once a week normally did us.

I was still debating on whether I wanted to change tonight's dinner from the simple diner menu to something fun—Taco's—when a quiet cough caused me to look up slightly. Down the isle, a tall male with black hair and beautiful blue eye's had turned to me and smiled.

"I suggest the hard and soft kit; just for a little mixed up fun." A male said gently, smirking as I flushed and set the Stand-and-stuff kit down.

"What're you doing here?" I asked, reaching for the kit he recommended; his hand shot out and reached it for me.

"I come here every night and just follow pretty girls around the store," He winked and laughed at my sour expression, "No, I'm just picking up a few things for the house."

His name was Seeth—he sat behind me in English. His hair was black and his eyes were a pale blue; it was a rare and uncommon mixture of features. I found him beautiful; how his face was always adorned with a smile.

I looked at the floor, rattling in my head for a topic; "English seems.. boring." I tried, starting conversation.

"You sit inbetween the Cullen's; Jasper and Rosalie, then on the opposite side of Jasper is Edward. Your in the smack front, surrounded by beautifully dangerous people, how else is that supposed to make English less boring?"

"Ouch. Don't let the Cullen's hear you talking smack about them." I warned, chuckling a little as his expression shifted from fake mock to an honest smile.

He snorted, "Yep, I bet I'd put a huge dent in their ego."

"Let's not get rude, Seeth." I muttered, shifting my feet.

He rolled his eyes, and leaned against the shelves, "What about you though? How're you taking Forks in."

"It's.. different. Small, but that's alright. Cold, that's okay too. But it's too.. green. I feel like I'm stuck in a never-ending maze of mossy and wet and.. gah." I shivered a little, watching the people pass us without actually seeing us.

"And gaah. You used 'gaah' as an adjective." He pointed out, quirking an eyebrow.

"Shut it." I snapped, a smiled forming onto my lips.

"I should probably let you get going though; your dad's waiting for dinner."

"How did you.."

He shrugged, "Most men would be waiting for something to eat." He winked again, and strolled off, leaving me confused by the Taco's.

Yes, because that's so nice.

At home, Dad was sitting on the couch, flipping through the channels with a glass of water in hand. "You got dinner, right?"

"I got contents for dinner, yes."

He grunted, his eye's never leaving the screen. I set the bags on the counter and opened the fridge. Instead of tucking food away, I pulled a container out and walked into the living room; "I thought we agreed. No more chocolate."

"I have no idea what your talking about." He muttered, eyeing the container longingly.

"Then you'll have no issue with me eating this myself.. or chucking it in the garbage, right?"

"Course not.."

I rolled my eyes, not bothering to reply. My feet drifted around the kitchen lazily, cooking the meat, grating the cheese, warming the Taco's; withing half and hour it was finished and I was starved. I sat on the floor in the living room, and set the platter of food on the coffee table. Dad dug right in; I however sat and watched the television for a moment then looked away. The taco's screamed to me.

After a while of eating and watching several hours of television, my stomach was full and dad had passed out on the couch, I cleared the table and started working on the dishes. Feeling bloated wasn't how I'd put myself, but when I looked up from the sink out the window, my eye's caught something moving. It was quicker then I'd expected, and I was startled when it paused to look at me. A better shock, there were eye's.

Black, like night.

Something cold passed through me, and I looked down, my hands lost in the hot, soapy water. I finished them in a hurry, not bothering to dry them and put them away. Instead, I took my night shirt to the bathroom, and started the shower. After stripping, and sitting in the hot water for nearly half an hour, I realized it had become dark outside, and that the rain had stopped. I washed myself down, and wrapped a towel around me, hastily toweling my hair and pulling my shirt on, then clean panties. I brushed my eat, trying my hardest to eliminate any traces of meat or cheese, and pulled the comb through my hair, before stalking back downstairs to get dad from the couch.

"Hey," I shook him a little. He mumbled a little, and I laughed, "Wake up. I can't let you sleep here; your going to hurt your back."

"You talk like I'm old." He grumbled.

I snorted, "You taught me to never lie."

He stopped and stared up at me, "Ouch."

"Stone cold, just like my father." I mused, helping him up. "Bet that's a little tough, eh?"

He shrugged, "Sometimes." I glanced up to the window above the sink, and met eyes again, only this time, they were warmer, more difficult to tell the colour due to the lack of light outside. And just as fast as I'd seen them, they were gone.

"You alright, Charlie?"

I shook my head, "Yeah. Let's get you to bed." I said, bringing him down the hall. "Sleep." I said, tossing back the covers to set him down.

"'Night." He muttered, rolling onto his stomach. I left his room, turning the lights off as I went, then reached the living room. I fixed the blanket dad had placed on the back of the couch, and flicked the television off. Passing the kitchen in a hurry, I forced myself not to look at the window, and waltzed upstairs. Slamming my bedroom door, I threw myself onto my bed, and buried my head in my pillow, suddenly grateful for the lack of rain and thunder.

-

I bounded downstairs the next morning, and to my surprise I saw dad's car was gone—and replaced with another one. As I ate my Cheerio's, I walked forward and stared at it with wonder. When a warm hand touched my should, I turned around and screamed, spilling my breakfast over my night shirt.

"Lissa!?" I exclaimed. "How did you—how'd you get in here?!"

"Your father let me in," She smiled, taking in my knotted hair and messy shirt. "You look lovely, by the way."

Scowling, I pushed past her into the kitchen. I placed my bowl in the sink, and managed to clean the floor where the rest of the Cheerio's and milk were splashed. "I think I deserve a fair warning next time."

"Fair warning; I'm driving you to and from school—if you'd like." She said, perching on the edge of the table. "Unless.. you want your dad to drive you."

I shook my head, "Give me a moment, would you?" I didn't wait for her reply. I bolted upstairs and disgarded the soaked shirt in the hamper, then pulled a pair of jeans on, along with a loose grey shirt. I didn't bother much with my hair—I twisted it back into a bun and stabbed a pencil through it to hold it in place. After throughly brushing my teeth, I exited the bathroom, grabbing my school bag from the floor of my room and shut the door.

Downstairs, Lissa was happily gazing at the photo's dad had managed to put up. "You all both seem very.. happy."

I shrugged, watching her face as I spoke, "We're better off on our own."

She turned to me, "Is that why you dress to repel men?"

"Pardon?" I asked, looking down at my shirt, "What's wrong with the way I dress?"

"It's.. boy-ish." She said, grimacing at my mixed socks.

I flushed a little, and looked away, "It's comfortable."

She glanced up at the clock and motioned to me, "Are you coming? School starts in half and hour, and you live pretty far away." She added, heading into the living room to get her bag. I pulled on the stupid, blue jacket and followed her out, shoving my feet into my shoes last minute.

"Are you sure you want to come pick me up every morning?" I asked, ducking into the passenger seat.

"Of course! Or.. at least until you can get a car." She smiled, pulling out of the clear driveway, and starting off down the road.

By the time we reached the school, several of the student's were vacated from the parkinglot, leaving us to wander around to find a spot of our own. I had guessed that the students were got because the rain had gradually began to fall harder, leaving those whom wish to stay dry to run. I noticed how there was only one space left; right at the front.

"I hate parking in the front." She mumbled, climbing out of her Rabbit.

"Why?" I asked, noticing how Bella's truck had pulled in beside ours.

"Everyone will see it.." She fainted away, heading towards her first building, leaving myself to tour down the sideway to the second building for English.

When I entered the classroom, I was more surprised to see everyone sitting on their desks, laughing. The teacher hadn't arrived, and I didn't want to put a bad impression down—"

"Are you going in?" A velvet voice asked from behind me, laced with amusment.

I looked up at Jasper and nodded, hastily moving towards my chair, thankful that I hadn't fell. When I sat down, Rosalie didn't cringe away this time; she looked up at me with a decent smile, "Morning."

"Uh.. Good morning." I said, leaning back.

"Did you finish unpacking?"

"No; last night I was a little.. preoccupied." Rosalie looked over my head quickly, her face shifted from somewhat happy to a beautiful glare, then she turned back to me, her face calm.

"You should really unpack." She suggested, her eye's leaving mine to glance at her desk, "Despite what you may think—" Rosalie smirked a little as she spoke, "—Fork's isn't all that bad of a place. Wet, and cold, yes, but after a while you start to appreciate the sun whenever it comes around."

"I.. guess."

She laughed darkly, "It gets better."

I noticed about two things as she said this; One, it sounded like she was trying to convince herself of something, and two, her words had a double meaning—the other of which I couldn't put a finger on.

"I hope." She looked up at me when I spoke, and looked taken aback.

Thankfully, Mr. Gropp strolled in, apologizing for his tardiness and continued on with today's session. I found myself glancing at the clock above the door, barely ten minutes in. When the bell had finally rung, I bolted from my seat, faster then the Cullen's had yesterday, and moved through the halls to next class, when I bumped into someone along the way.

"Where's the fire?" Seeth asked, lending her a hand.

"Oh—no where." She flushed, strolling alongside him.

"Huh," He mused, "I could've sworn either there was a fire, or you were running from the Cullen's."

"What?"

"No one really talks.. to the Cullen's, and those who rarely do find them strange."

I gawked at him, wanting to hit it hard. "There's nothing wrong with them!" I protested.

"Who'd you talk to?" He demanded.

"Rosalie—It doesn't matter!" I exclaimed, "They're not different!" I felt like I was trying to convince myself, more then Seeth. "Where were you?"

His brows knotted, "I had to help my brother out with something."

"You have a brother?" I asked.

"Yep; though he's a lot older then I am."

I stopped infront of my room, and he smirked a little as he brought me into a warm, comfortable hug. "See you at lunch."
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's a new chapter; I'm sorry it's not as long as the first, but I'm writing several different stories at once, and I'm trying to finish my oringinal Draco Malfoy and the other, plus the Embry Call story. Give me a break, yeah?
xoxox, Leelee.